Certified Legendary Thread Corona, Jamaica ooh I wanna take ya (COVID-19 Information & Discussion Here) Part 2 "The Second Wave"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
trump disabled mock [speed 2].gif

If you just count my votes, I win easily!
reacts-lol-22x22-png.981423
:laughing::tongueclosed::laughv1:

Just go away, ya creep.

I'm past being surprised by anything Comrade Dan and his corrupt mob get up to...

Chinese-owned Sands Golf Resort Torquay received $500k for quarantining no one

A Chinese-owned regional Victorian golf resort received more than $500,000 to be part of the Andrews government’s hotel quarantine program despite never housing a single quarantine guest, weeks before it went into receivership owing creditors, including its 174 employees, more than $1m.
The Sands Golf Resort Torquay had also been sanctioned by Australian Border Force for visa fraud six days before it received the first of two hotel quarantine contracts spanning March 29 to May 29.
Former staff have told The Australian the contracts with the hotel — owned by the Chinese-linked Walden Cloud Group since 2017 — involved payment for 55 rooms at $150/room/night over the two-month period, seeing Victorian taxpayers pay out $511,500.
When it went into administration on July 11, Walden Cloud Group owed the Australian Taxation Office almost $992,000, having failed to submit a business activity statement due on April 28.
The Sands, on the southwest Victorian Surf Coast, is among more than a dozen hotels in the state awarded government retainer contracts worth millions of dollars, despite never accommodating any guests. The revelations come as retired judge Jennifer Coate is on Friday due to hand down an interim report as part of her investigation into breaches by private security guards in the hotel quarantine program that led to Victoria’s second wave of coronavirus, causing the deaths of 800 people and putting Melbourne into lockdown for more than 3½ months. Former The Sands night auditor Aly Boland, 46, said staff at the resort had known for months that the business was in financial trouble when it received the first of the hotel quarantine contracts.
“Each week we’d hold our breaths to see if we’d get paid,” said the Torquay mother, who thinks she is owed about $7000 in superannuation and entitlements after losing her job when the company went into administration on July 11.
Documents filed with ASIC by the hotel’s owners note that superannuation had not been paid to employees.
“We weren’t sure we were going to be able to serve alcohol on New Year’s Eve because they hadn’t paid the liquor licence bill, or some of the suppliers,” Ms Boland said. “At one point, well prior to COVID, we had to stop taking bookings because they hadn’t paid the laundry bill and we had no linen.
“We weren’t sure we were going to be able to serve alcohol on New Year’s Eve because they hadn’t paid the liquor licence bill, or some of the suppliers,” Ms Boland said. “At one point, well prior to COVID, we had to stop taking bookings because they hadn’t paid the laundry bill and we had no linen.
“People asked me why I was sticking around, and to be honest when we got the hotel quarantine contract, I thought, ‘Well at least there’s money coming in so we’ll hopefully get paid’.
“There was no training, nothing. A month went by and then there was another contract, but they still didn’t pay our super, so I guess that money just went to China. Who knows?
“I’m just a little bit taken aback by the fact that the government gave $500,000 to a company that clearly was being investigated by the ATO and Immigration.

Now on matters Coronavirus - the legacy of Trump - over 118k+ cases and still over 1k+ deaths a day. Absolutely disgrace and will be his failed legacy.

I'm past being surprised by anything Comrade Dan and his corrupt mob get up to...

Chinese-owned Sands Golf Resort Torquay received $500k for quarantining no one
Liked

I knew you would ignore this , as the sub-editor did

is among more than a dozen hotels in the state awarded government retainer contracts worth millions of dollars, despite never accommodating any guests

Now on matters Coronavirus - the legacy of Trump - over 118k+ cases and still over 1k+ deaths a day. Absolutely disgrace and will be his failed legacy.

So I wonder how it’s going to go for Biden when he forces 100+ day lockdowns on American cities full of rather angry Trumpers. Which is the only way of changing things there. There is still 320 million people to be infected the first time there. 💥 🧨

So I wonder how it’s going to go for Biden when he forces 100+ day lockdowns on American cities full of rather angry Trumpers. Which is the only way of changing things there. There is still 320 million people to be infected the first time there. 💥 🧨
Attempting to be nonpolitical, the horse has bolted, Biden will follow the expert's opinions, believe he has already established a working Party.
Firstly I believe he will push the states to ensure mask and social distancing, He may push some States to enforce limited shutdowns in Hot spots,
As that is all he can do until Jan 20th, he has no Power.

But in truth By the time he comes into power, they will be preparing to roll out several vaccines. so he will need to ensure everybody has access,

The vaccines that were meant to save Donny?

Possibly but safe distancing and hygiene will be the major steps - here and around the world
The Vaccine was never going to save Donny, they were never going to finish Phase 3 and correlate the data in time let alone begin production.
I think Trump honestly believed that when they finished Phase 3 they would be ready for the public.
However, 2 are planning to start up production before the year-end with a third and fourth one start early next year. that will give the US up to 4 different vaccines in production by Feb/March, Rollout is a different story,

But Biden will promote mask and social distancing along with improving the contract tracing, which I can honestly say without any doubts is 4th class in a lot of US States, They make the victorian contract tracing look A grade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I joined a Facebook group for people in my position. Has about 38K members

For anyone also separated from their girlfriend, boyfriend, fiancé, spouse etc.
You might get a bit of solace that you’re not alone and they are lobbying governments around the world with some successes.

A suggestion I saw.

Last edited:
Attempting to be nonpolitical, the horse has bolted, Biden will follow the expert's opinions, believe he has already established a working Party.
Firstly I believe he will push the states to ensure mask and social distancing, He may push some States to enforce limited shutdowns in Hot spots,
As that is all he can do until Jan 20th, he has no Power.

But in truth By the time he comes into power, they will be preparing to roll out several vaccines. so he will need to ensure everybody has access,
Was doing a long drive yesterday and listening to some freakonomics. Interesting talk about vaccines and why it’s been a lot faster to go through the approvals stage jenny61_99. I can’t see how the Australian one can test with no infections here to test on frankly.

Was doing a long drive yesterday and listening to some freakonomics. Interesting talk about vaccines and why it’s been a lot faster to go through the approvals stage jenny61_99. I can’t see how the Australian one can test with no infections here to test on frankly.

Vaccines aren’t a cure for someone who already has the disease....

they are to prevent people catching it (I’d suggest health care/ quarantine security guards etc).

right now they are assessing dosage tolerance.

So I joined a Facebook group for people in my position. Has about 38K members

For anyone also separated from their girlfriend, boyfriend, fiancé, spouse etc.
You might get a bit of solace that you’re not alone and they are lobbying governments around the world with some successes.

A suggestion I saw.

Stop being a snowflake.

Love doesn't make you immune to Covid and it is NOT the responsibility of the governments of the world to incur the costs involved from letting people like you travel.

Vaccines aren’t a cure for someone who already has the disease....

they are to prevent people catching it (I’d suggest health care/ quarantine security guards etc).

right now they are assessing dosage tolerance.
While not a cure I suggest you read the latest reports, Some of the Vaccines are helping people who have Covid, During the trials,
Yes while there not been a definite trial re-infected people, they have to test the vaccine on infected subjects as part of the trial and approval stage to ensure it safe. and they are seeing good signs, along with and testing carried out in the lab are highlighting promising signs.
While it not the answer it better outlook than we have seen in the past.

Again I am not in the medical profession, I just look at all the data,

Stop being a snowflake.

Love doesn't make you immune to Covid and it is NOT the responsibility of the governments of the world to incur the costs involved from letting people like you travel.
You’re an idiot. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back