Certified Legendary Thread Corona, Jamaica ooh I wanna take ya (COVID-19 Information & Discussion Here) Part 2 "The Second Wave"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My instant assumption was any movement allowed would be at the cost of the person requesting special permissions.

Here in Queensland we're charging for hotel quarantine but it doesn't really cover the full cost. It might cover the cost of the hotel and food but there are significant expenses around security, police presence, nurses visiting to swab people etc.

Was your last when Melbourne was blowing up and people were fleeing Victoria. Thought shirt was going to get real in QLD and NSW.
We got lucky that both states got it under control quickly.

My instant assumption was any movement allowed would be at the cost of the person requesting special permissions.
Of course and I accept that.
Regardless it’s going to be difficult and expensive. That normal direct flight will likely not be running so it’s multiple fights accomodations and quarantines.
im prepared for it.

Vaccines aren’t a cure for someone who already has the disease....

they are to prevent people catching it (I’d suggest health care/ quarantine security guards etc).

right now they are assessing dosage tolerance.
I’m sure you know this but if they vaccinate 5000 people and placebo 5000 in a virus hot spot. If there is a considerable reduction of cases in a real situation amongst the control group. They can get a rapid result as to efficacy. Yes safety is also important but a calculated risk in the circumstances is also likely to be applied.
This kind of testing isn’t possible in Australia as there are no hotspots or virus at all really. The US is at an advantage in this regard.

Last edited:
Was your last when Melbourne was blowing up and people were fleeing Victoria. Thought shirt was going to get real in QLD and NSW.
Some say luck but some say a better system.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, when we had the two bag “ladies” return from a week partying in COVID riddled Melbourne which sparked off two outbreaks.

I’m sure you know this but if they vaccinate 5000 people and placebo 5000 in a virus hot spot. If there is a considerable reduction of cases in a real situation amongst the control group. They can get a rapid result as to efficacy. Yes safety is also important but a calculated risk in the circumstances is also likely to be applied.
This kind of testing isn’t possible in Australia as there are no hotspots or virus at all really. The US is at an advantage in this regard.
You’re the one willing to sacrifice oldies so you can go root your girlfriend. Spare me the calculated risk bullshit.

So is bonking your partner classified as required personnel?
No, I just say there is talk, But once the Gate open you can bet it will not be long before they are letting in Others, With an approved Vaccination
The keyword being approved, the Russian and Chinese Vaccinations will not be good enough at this time.

You’re the one willing to sacrifice oldies so you can go root your girlfriend. Spare me the calculated risk bullshit.
You’ve lost the plot.
I tagged you in on a podcast that was suggesting new technologies and a rampant virus to test on are speeding up approval rate, because your fixated on old vaccine development methods. But you digress to a little abuse which I find cute but of little interest.

No, I just say there is talk, But once the Gate open you can bet it will not be long before they are letting in Others, With an approved Vaccination
The keyword being approved, the Russian and Chinese Vaccinations will not be good enough at this time.
I tried ordering online but it’s not available yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back