Could Hungry Jack's be in trouble for thier latest Burger release?

Remove this Banner Ad

loyallion

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 22, 2005
Somewhere.......
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Indianapolis Colts Detroit Lions
I was watching TV before and saw that HJ have released a brand new burger (The Angry Angus) the problem is, have they infact stepped over the line with the name of the burger??? I can imagine Mcdonalds wont be happy about this as its main competitor has decided to include the name Angus in its latest edition.

hj.jpg

Although it doesnt look anything like Mcdonalds Mighty Angus and Grand Angus burgers to me its like HJ has put together a combination of the two together.

McD.jpg

I personally can not stand Hungry Jacks and think Maccas iis alot better food wise.

Can hungry Jacks be facing Copyright issues?

Yeah suppose But still how unoriginal by HJ's though?

Pretty unoriginal.HJ's have bigger problems,like their soft drinks which they never put enough coke/fanta/sprite concentrate in so it ends up tasting like soda water.And their fries SUCK.So does their ice-cream.Yep i'm somewhat of a fast food connoisseur

Pretty unoriginal.HJ's have bigger problems,like their soft drinks which they never put enough coke/fanta/sprite concentrate in so it ends up tasting like soda water.And their fries SUCK.So does their ice-cream.Yep i'm somewhat of a fast food connoisseur
I one night had the major munchies, So I decided to go for a walk up to Maccas which was a 2km walk anyway I finally arrive at Maccas and to my horror, they were shut!!:eek::mad::thumbsdown: (They had to fix up their drive thru area its a 24hr Maccas) anyway I was pissed off and in a desperate effort I decided to go across the road to the HJ's ( I didnt walk all that way for nothing) . I ordered a triple CheeseBurger Meal,which they somehow managed to stuff and gave me a Bacon burger of some sort But were kind enough to give me the Burger they accidentally made and the meal aswell for nothing extra ( I just figured because they were close to closing up for the night)

I ate the meal But NEVER again its was disgusting the tomato sauce on the burger was salty the chips tasted like they were stale and the drink was basically coke flavored water with very little ice.

Maccas is 100 times better.

1. HJ shits all over Maccas. Can't believe anyone actually eats Maccas. Even HJ is very average.

2. I saw the ad earlier, and just presumed it was a new Maccas variety. I wonder how many other people thought the same?

Thought the exact same thing when I saw the promo on TV. As someone mentioned the word "angus" is the type of Meat. So I presume Macca's doesn't own that. I quite liked the 'Mighty Angus' from Maccas....I might head to to Hungry Jacks and taste the Angry Angus and see if its any good. In the Promo they had a Scottish man promoting it. It should have been Angry Anderson singing Bound to Glory :D

Doesn't exactly fire up the imagination this new name, does it? Unbelievably cliched and unoriginal.

A good burger at hungry jacks is better than a good burger at maccas. But maccas are more consistent I find. Too often I get an old, soggy burger that has too much mayo or tomato sauce from hungry jacks.

Maccas fries really do shit all over HJ's fries. HJ's fries are bland and sometimes have a green tinge. :eek:. Both serve me unfresh fries way too often though. I will probably get a excellent batch of fries maybe in about 1/10 visits.

maybe I'm just lucky. The local HJ makes everything fresh, and I can't remember the last time I got bad chips there (that said I can barely remember the last time I had takeaways regardless).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maccas fries really do shit all over HJ's fries. HJ's fries are bland and sometimes have a green tinge. :eek:. Both serve me unfresh fries way too often though. I will probably get a excellent batch of fries maybe in about 1/10 visits.

Just do what i do and order fresh fries whenever you decide to eat Maccas.

I normally get told that the ones sitting there have obly just come out but i decline their offer and tell them i would like to wait for a fresh batch.

I normally cop a dirty look from the staff serving me but i always get a good batch of fries.

Red Rooster has awesome chips. They are a mix of best features of KFC & Maccas chips. Very very underrated IMO.

Personally I think HJs shits all over Maccas. Maccas often has a stale taste to the burgers, like the patties have been sitting in the warmers for a couple of hours. Love the flame grilled taste of HJs.

I agree that HJs fries arent good, though I dont get fries at either of the chains.

Maccas may not in fact be entirely original with this either. While I was in the US there was a small burger chain called 'Angus Burgers' or something like that. Many other US fast food places had various variety's of 'Angus Burgers'. I had never heard of this but then came back to Aus and saw Macca's and HJ's going toe to toe with it. Think it is just the new world wide burger trend that no particular company holds 'ownership' of.

Red Rooster has awesome chips. They are a mix of best features of KFC & Maccas chips. Very very underrated IMO.

Agreed, Red Rooster have great chips. It may be different over east, but I can't remember the last time I got a great batch of chips from KFC. I think they undercook them.

Stupid steeling the competitors name - shows a lack of originality more than anything.

However, they can't get in any legal trouble. The "Angus" word/product is a trademark. They would get in trouble if they called thiers the "Hungry Jacks Grand Angus" or something similar. They would have really investigated it from every legal angle before releasing it.

Does anyone else agree that Whoppers taste a different to what they used to? I went through a Bacon Deluxe phase for about 5 years and have just got back onto the whoppers again. I think they taste different and I reckon it has something to with the fact they are not as sloppy as they used to be. Has anyone else found this or am I just imagining it?

Does anyone else agree that Whoppers taste a different to what they used to? I went through a Bacon Deluxe phase for about 5 years and have just got back onto the whoppers again. I think they taste different and I reckon it has something to with the fact they are not as sloppy as they used to be. Has anyone else found this or am I just imagining it?
Just ask for more sauce?

Remove this Banner Ad

Could Hungry Jack's be in trouble for thier latest Burger release?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back