Courtney Johns

Remove this Banner Ad

tubes

Debutant
Apr 25, 2007
Tas
AFL Club
Carlton
Now before you all start, I hate the bastard bombers as much as the next one eyed blues supporter.

But - is this bloke worth a look?
I know he's struggled with injuries and other stuff, like form, but maybe he would slide into the CFC forward line?
He's a bull of a bloke and has shown talent at times.
If we could get him cheap, what would you think?

BLUES 2009. WATCH OUT!

Now before you all start, I hate the bastard bombers as much as the next one eyed blues supporter.

I know he's struggled with injuries and other stuff, like form

his struggle to find form was symptomatic of a deeper issue: his struggle to find ability :rolleyes:

i was just about to start this exact post as i read on article on the afl site about 'Knights' agressive pledge to trade week' or sumtin along those lines and pose the same question..

personally i think he IS and ONLY IS a centre half foward..and is a great size for one..he has the physique to play this position and if u hadnt seen him play and had the opportunity to cringe at him you would say this bloke looks as if he could stand at centre half foward and assert himself in the contest..

many players have been able to reinvent themselves at new clubs following being traded..many players have failed..

i dont know if im just lost within my hopes that this bloke looks as if he COULD be a dominant CHF or whether im jsut delirious but i think he may be worth the gamble..

but it would be a big gamble at that after he will have his knee reconstruction..because if he is drafted he would take probly two years to get back to full strength in the system..

do we have anyone on the coaching panel or jsut at the club who could possibly turn this kids career around and teach him how to reach his potential..just like we'v got diesel back to touch up the midfields surely there is someone who could just take this bloke under his wing and turn him into a monster.

but i can understand why people would and have immediately say no to him..

Why do you idiots keep making threads about recruiting duds?. Haven't we learnt from all the past duds we have recruited? I am happy with our kids we need to top up in the draft with some more young kids and build our own list. We don't need to go through other's garbage anymore, we are back and we have a good young list to work with.

I know he's struggled with injuries and other stuff, like form, but maybe he would slide into the CFC forward line?

BLUES 2009. WATCH OUT!

Yeah play him alongside Russell then we'll have the worst 2 players in the AFL.

He is shitter than RUSSELL and that's saying something coz Russell is terrible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it wasnt a post that said we should.
I was simply after an opinion.

Pull your heads in - this is a afl board, where subjects like this are supposed to be raised.

it wasnt a post that said we should.
I was simply after an opinion.

Pull your heads in - this is a afl board, where subjects like this are supposed to be raised.

You asked for an opinion about drafting Courtney Johns. You got several. I reckon we've been pretty gentle so far. Play on.

I can understand that some will think he is worth a try, i mean lets face it for a guy that has been around for so long and has had so much publicity its easy to think he has been something, has had some sort of a career, he was Sheedys golden boy for so long, it just makes sense to think he must been or is good, he was Sheedys GOLDEN BOY he must have been, oh i think i may now understand why the bummers got rid of Sheedy:mad:

Parrot can you fly backwards at Mach 3? At the same time doing a barrel roll and evading sidewinder missiles and anti parrot fire?

A simple answer... nope.

Even if he wasn't as injury plagued as he is, he just doesn't have enough ability to warrant another look in. He's had 5 or so seasons with Essendon and when he wasn't injured he just failed to perform.

If Sheedy was still at Essendon i'd say Johns would probably still be there also.

BLUES 2009. WATCH OUT!

Just in:
Dear Mr Johns
The position for "CHF with loads of potential but always injured"......... has been filled by Adam Hartlett.........by your application is appreciated and the quality of candidates was very high. Good luck in your seeking gainful employment elsewhere.......might we suggest the Bullants down the road.
Cheers,
Steve Icke.CFC.

Remove this Banner Ad

Courtney Johns

Remove this Banner Ad

Back