Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Tickle is well ahead with his fish pie. And Apex with his pork crackling thingy.

But here goes with my Division 1 entry - unless I’ve already been relegated to Division 5 or some other bottom feeding division.

Blue eye fillets poached in ‘fire water’ (olive oil, water, chillies, diced tomatoes, garlic, parsley, simmered and reduced for 45 mins before adding fish) with sliced kalamatas added near end. Serve fish topped with reduced fire water, broccoli and roast potatoes.

9A82EF95-0842-4EBA-AC3C-7122100FFA9B.jpeg

Looks like Tickle is well ahead with his fish pie. And Apex with his pork crackling thingy.

But here goes with my Division 1 entry - unless I’ve already been relegated to Division 5 or some other bottom feeding division.

Blue eye fillets poached in ‘fire water’ (olive oil, water, chillies, diced tomatoes, garlic, parsley, simmered and reduced for 45 mins before adding fish) with sliced kalamatas added near end. Serve fish topped with reduced fire water, broccoli and roast potatoes.

View attachment 880248
Yum! That gets my vote.

But Gimp is the judge and I served up fake sunblest, so I've got it in the bag.

You guys really don't know how to treat vegetables and shit like that.. give em them the credit they deserve.. richness of flavour right there.

That's championship material right there..

I rest my case..

View attachment 880640

What’s going on with the edge of the dish Gimp? Is it radioactive?

Grilled and peeled peppers with sliced garlic. Looks good.

View attachment 880248
Nice but broccolini is my preferred option to broccoli now. But I guess it’s all about the fish, of which I am not a great lover, therefore not a good judge. Best left in the capable hands of the Gimp to decide the winner of this contest.

You guys really don't know how to treat vegetables and shit like that.. give em them the credit they deserve.. richness of flavour right there.

That's championship material right there..

I rest my case..

View attachment 880640

Oh man, get some cortisone on your feet - look disgraceful re.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grill em.. peal the layers off and just drown em in oil tomato paste and garlic.. fu**en heaven.
I used to do them straight on the gas hob to burn the skin and make them really smoky, but I haven't done them like that for ages because my wife won't let me disconnect the smoke alarm, whilst burning things.

View attachment 880248
Looks great VP, especially the spuds

Nice but broccolini is my preferred option to broccoli now. But I guess it’s all about the fish, of which I am not a great lover, therefore not a good judge. Best left in the capable hands of the Gimp to decide the winner of this contest.
No, it’s all about the potatoes😆
(and crackle)

You'll thank me for this simple recipe.. even in the realms of possibly for the Sr re..

Filo chilled.. butter and oil.. feta.. that's as easy as it gets re..

1 filo at a time.. spread the oil and butter by waving your spoon over the filo like a ****en wand re.. throw the feta on.. and crinkle it.. pick the bugger up.. and place in a tray.. next filo..

Straight in the oven..

Looks and tastes a million gorillas re..

Easy as **** mate.. enjoy..

20200524_210744.jpg

Last edited:
What's made you so aggressive tonight Gimpy? I suspect some nasty s**t must have gone down during the weekend at Mt Martha...

The rest of us know we have to bring our sharpest A game to beat roast capsicum on sunblest.

I might go hardcore and uncover for you my 4 cheese toasted meltie, starring Danish feta of course. S**t just got real! <3 you JB007. X

#nosunblest

So we're all happy just to have the 1 league.. I don't mind that 1 bit mate.. actually that's my preference.. actually not really.. I much rather f 1 v 14 of yas. Bring it on mate.

Molon labe re ga....

What's made you so aggressive tonight Gimpy? I suspect some nasty s**t must have gone down during the weekend at Mt Martha...

The rest of us know we have to bring our sharpest A game to beat roast capsicum on sunblest.

I might go hardcore and uncover to you all my 4 cheese toasted meltie, starring Danish feta of course. S**t just got real! <3 you JB007. X

Mt Martha went really well.. libra re.. managed to balance enough time between both my neighbors to keep em happy..

When it comes to competition though.. cooking footy and that sort of shit.. **** I love it and that re. I thrive on it.

Mt Martha went really well.. libra re.. managed to balance enough time between both my neighbors to keep em happy..

When it comes to competition though.. cooking footy and that sort of shit.. fu** I love it and that re. I thrive on it.

I'm thinking we all take it up a notch for the next season.

Tempted with suckling pig cooked whole in the wood-fired oven, in a 2 level tray. The pig will be over veges that will cook with its fat dripping over them...

Bring it Gimpy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back