List Mgmt. Crameri, Gumbleton - Essendon vs Daw, Black - North

Who would you take? Rememberring what you'd have to trade.

• Daw

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Black

Votes: 25 69.4%
  • Gumbleton

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Crameri

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Kunna17

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
With Daniher looking the goods for Essendon Gumbleton will surely be pushed out the side, which would mean Essendon would be more willing to trade crameri away for quality players and have Gumbleton play, or would simply ship off Gumby.

North have too many tales, it's as simple as that and won't come with any ASADA problems or anything.
What would you be willing to give up for Crameri, Gumbleton, Daw or Black and which would be your preference

Forget Black and Daw. Crameri would be very costly, and Gumbleton, while the most realistic of the names mentioned, could hardly be relied on.

Maybe there should be one general list management thread? Just a suggestion.

Jesse white. Would be cheap and would buy into freo culture quickly.

If he's having trouble "buying in" at Sydney, then he won't do any better over here.

While obviously the football department should be diligent and explore our options, I can see White becoming another Jack Anthony.

ew daw.. good story, not so good a player. black is the best option but reading up a bit on him after floating his name on here last week, it sounds like north really rate his potential... he's off the cards.
also suggested crameri - alot like mayne though and maybe not quite what we are looking for. Honestly don't know much about gumbleton but watch a decent amount of footy - would think he'd catch the eye.

im with stormee. At least based on the game he's having at the moment - Jesse white will be pushed out of his team by tippett and would come cheap. obviously not a guarunteed success but he's at least a good option

Matt Taberner... oh thats right, he's already ours

White is no better than Kepler, Crameri is good but not a key position, plays a Mayne like role. The fact that Gumbleton can't keep Daniher out speaks volumes. Daw is terrible. Can't play more than 1/4 without running out of steam, already has knee problems. Doubt he'll be in the game in 5 years time.

If Gumbleton couldn't get a game ahead of a practically ineffective Daniher, it speaks volumes about his use in the side.

Granted Daniher has lots of potential and can support in the ruck.

I think Gumbleton could have developed into a big guy by now if not for his back, but that's the way football is sometimes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aaron Black. Prides himself on defensive pressure inside forward 50, and cares more about team result than individual performance - would be a perfect fit. I don't see him leaving North Melbourne though.

Gumbleton would be significantly more attainable, taller, stronger, able to play ruck/forward but lacks defensive pressure/endurance (although to be fair he had an interrupted pre-season, and defensive pressure is not as important to Essendon as it is to us), and has an increased potential for injury. Would probably have to compete with Kepler for a spot though, which would be intimidating for Gary Ablett let alone Gumby.

Would rather lachie hansen then most of these guys - has been average all year and we were semi keen last year.
Black and Daw will push him out and we could get him a lot cheaper.

Black is going to cost us. First rd plus something.... What do the roos need other than a 4 qr effort ( Bluey called them out and stuck it to them). Clarke ?.... Sheridan Suban....... We would get bent over, not sure he is going to be worth it. Watts or Gumby might be less pain.

With Daniher looking the goods for Essendon Gumbleton will surely be pushed out the side, which would mean Essendon would be more willing to trade crameri away for quality players and have Gumbleton play, or would simply ship off Gumby.

North have too many tales, it's as simple as that and won't come with any ASADA problems or anything.
What would you be willing to give up for Crameri, Gumbleton, Daw or Black and which would be your preference

I'd like to start off my comment by saying this is a completely stupid thread! Does that bolded bit even make sense? Gumby will be pushed away, which means they'd be more willing to trade Crameri....what? Crameri is being offered 450K a year by the dogs, if we chase him, he wont come cheap, add that to the fact that hes an average forward at best. Gumbleton, injury prone and can't keep his spot in the team. Daw is like NM's Nic Nat, they can sell memberships using his picture, they wont get rid of him. Black, well obviously we want him, but north would do whatever it takes to keep him there, massive potential, hes already gone pass Hansen & Tarrant, but that's not hard.
Jesse white. Would be cheap and would buy into freo culture quickly.
I'm guessing you rarely watch Sydney, but you saw there game today and thought he was a star? That was his one and only good game in the AFL, no way known should we chase him, f**k that!
What has happened with Leunberger? Has he signed a new deal at Lions yet?
Nah, not yet, although both he and Rich have started talks with the Lions about a new deal.

Outshined is right, one general list management thread is enough.

Count me as one of the 65% who cast my vote for Aaron Black. He's young, has had a very healthy return on goals this year and -- no disrespect meant to him -- every time I turn around, it seems Gumbleton is injured. Jesse White did look impressive at least on that one running goal he kicked against the Crows. As much as I'm loving the feel good Majak Daw story and am hoping for his eventual success, I agree with rgauci's take on his tank. I watched Daw in the game against West Coast and he looked spent very early in the match. As long as I've been watching AFL -- and I realize that's considerably shorter than most of you -- I've never seen a player doubled over in exhaustion early in a game, as I saw Daw.

The problem with Lachie is that he has been average all his career.
It might be a problem but it is also an advantage both in terms of trading and the greater potential that may exist - he can only get better one would think, because the potential is there.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Crameri, Gumbleton - Essendon vs Daw, Black - North

Back