Cricket Discussion - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Day 1 of the opening Shield match of the season. SA v Tasmania

SA 3/48.
Smith 21
Hunt 16
Drew 6

How many times does Smith need to show us he isn’t up to it before selectors listen? 40 innings, average of 20.3 and a high score of 75

Then became 4/49 before Lehmann and Fraser McGurk steadied things - now 4/108.....oops, 5/108, McGurk out ;)

This match is being played at Karen Rolton Oval.

Probably because the SMA licence agreements say cricket gets the ground between 8th October and 14th March.

I know the SANFL GF was played on the 24th September, but I hope they have already put the drop in pitches into the centre square and dont have to wait until 12.01am on the 8th to start moving them to the centre of AO.

Last thing on cricket in USA for now.

This news video from Al Jeezera in July was filmed at the 1st Major League Cricket game in 2023. The Indians from IPL have pumped in most of the $120m, but also In chairman and ceo odian-Americans like Microsoft CEO, and chairman, Satya Nadella, who has pumped in $44m of his own money. He is co-owner of the Seattle Orcas

As I wrote in my other post i have seen pictures of the cricket ground Microsoft set up a decade ago, before Nadella became CEO and it sits somewhere between an Oz A grade district ground and a first class ground. 4 of the 6 MLC teams are owned by IPL franchise owners.

Here's the wiki page on the 2023 MLC season.

To get around above Bloomberg story paywall, can read it at this webpage archive

Last edited:
Jesus Piers Morgan is gonna need a truckload of tissues this time
I'll certainly be barracking for Bangladesh on Tuesday - poor Piers will be crying himself to sleep in the foetal position if the Bangers get up.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When the chooms 10 and 11 added 30 runs at a run a ball for the last wicket the signs looked ominous for a comfortable NZ win, but I didn't expect it to be THAT comfortable!
It's a game of millimetres - Conway was lucky to avoid being run out before he reached 20: who knows what might have happened if the ball had hit the stumps?

Michael Neser has just brought up a century vs NSW - the Banana Benders looked gone for all money at 5/91, still trailing NSW's first innings by 179 runs, but are now 5/285, leading by 15 runs. Little Jimmy Peirson has just brought up his three figures too.
It's the sort of fight you'll never see from the Deadbacks.

It's the sort of fight you'll never see from the Deadbacks.
to many ‘imports’ because the depth isn’t there in our former set up. Like the new two divisions, however not enough done by SACA and District clubs to build relationships with grassroots cricket.

Let’s see how SA looks in 20 years with the impact of two divisions becoming more apparent.

to many ‘imports’ because the depth isn’t there in our former set up. Like the new two divisions, however not enough done by SACA and District clubs to build relationships with grassroots cricket.

Let’s see how SA looks in 20 years with the impact of two divisions becoming more apparent.
In the meantime, it'll be a close run thing between Port and the Redbacks, to see who goes top first!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Cricket Discussion - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back