• ...Eclipse

Votes: 11 4.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
s
Wow!

What does that even indicate Mitch? So you're praising Tex right? You know because we smashed Geelong and GWS having used the stance.
so who stance thing seems to have also been taken out of proportion, I don't really understand what the fuss was about.

This preseason they should just go to Band Camp.
549643_e87ffc1b7c1a50b6b32401b0afbab91e.jpg

What an enormous opportunity for someone to step up for our next pre-season and nail it.

If you can be the people that got the Crows back on track after this... You will pretty much write your own cheque.

I'm guessing that a more well trodden path will be followed this time around. Why not take one step back from the bleeding edge and go with something that is proven?

I'm sure there are a few companies with the PowerPoint slides ready to go.

Maybe some proven people in the positions that ok this stuff might help? Just sayin.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

So was anything actually said? Or was the bombshell that there was no real bombshell?

Ok I'm sick of this witch hunt by the media. Get a ****ing life you hacks.
The media can GAGF
Cleary can GAGF
Barrett can GAGF
Wilson can GAGF
McClure doesn't have to because he's already ****ed.

Sure the camp was off-beat. You try stuff, it didn't work, give it the boot and do something else. Get over it.

Reports of players being scarred for life are bullshit.

CM debunks half the shit the media's been speculating about and now the media is gonna get all pouty and stomp their feet and double down because;

there was no 24 hr bus ride into the outback of Australia with the Tiger's song played on a continuous loop. How embarrassing McLure.

Curtly's talking stick/digging stick was cleared up early. The stick by the way was actually introduced by the indigenous guy.

CM didn't delve into the players' past to find hurtful questions.

The song, as Pyke said was played once, but we find out it was by a comedian on the bus and not by the commandant of the toture brigade hired to break the players' minds.

It was Tex's idea to use the power stance...that's a good thing right?

But nobody's allowed to believe any of what CM says because there must be something suspicious going on because there's been no revelations?
I guess all the law suits against the Crows by the players must prove there was something sinister going on.

The biggest problem was the AFC, because of their media policy, not coming out from the start and calling out the hacks like McClure, or simply telling anyone any details after some huge accusations were made.

Now more escalation because media fallacies weren't confirmed? Because something heinous must have happened? Because the club didn't say anything so therefore it must have all been bad?

If there was anything so drastic that must surely have happened according to the media, it would be in the courts right now and we'd have all heard about it, or are the players waiting until they retire so they can cash in on some extra superannuation?

Last edited:
If the camp was all fine (just a bit of a misunderstanding about the talking stick thing, that's all) then where did the smoke come from?

Pyke: Where there's smoke there's fire.

Some things obviously happened that are different from the sunshine and lollipops version we've been fed.
Exactly. 3 distinct problem scenarios. That affected 2 individuals in particular and one group.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Bottom line in all of this is as much as the football department failed, our communication and handling post camp has been even worse. We have fed the media through half truths and incorrect denials.

The Hampton thing seemed like it was cleared up, we spent weeks denying no one was offended, then it turns out they were. We just had to say it up front.

There wasn't a story in this but we made it one. That blame sits with Fagan and I guess Shuttleworth? We are now going through the same with McGovern, supporters need to have some faith in what they are being told.
What worries me is that Don Pyke seems to be the only guy I trust at the club at the moment.

With the camp Pyke has been the only one who's been honest while Burton, Roo etc have all lied about it.

Same with McGovern, Roo lied by saying there was no problems, then we eventually find out from Pyke that there are issues with Gov.

Why the hell is everyone else at the club lying to us while Pyke seems to be the only one who consistently tells us the truth?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

What worries me is that Don Pyke seems to be the only guy I trust at the club at the moment.

With the camp Pyke has been the only one who's been honest while Burton, Roo etc have all lied about it.

Same with McGovern, Roo lied by saying there was no problems, then we eventually find out from Pyke that there are issues with Gov.

Why the hell is everyone else at the club lying to us while Pyke seems to be the only one who consistently tells us the truth?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Doesn't bode well for Pykes longevity at the club unfortunately.

I expect that unless we win a LOT of games of football next season the club will use the on field performance as an excuse to sack him mid season.

Hardly breaking news - I recall after the first final a player saying he suggested this in the race just before they ran out into the ground.

Nice reporting Mitch Dreary

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And what started the external noise?

Why did partners of players go to the press?

Why was there any noise at all? I'm sure we've had training camps before.

Well, Hampton sounded upset. I imagine Betts missus was upset too.

I just haven't heard anything so far that points to a big issue. Is there some new thing that somehow has been kept quiet, while all this middling stuff has come out?

If you were the person affected by it, and you saw only these minor things being revealed, wouldn't you be upset and announce the real problem?

It's like we think there's whistle blowers, but no whistle making any noise?

Burton and Haas's inexperience in terms of player prep and rushing our preseason (and thus hamstring/soft tissue issues) is a far bigger issue than CM.

It is not like CM electro shocked or hypnotised our players and caused psychological issues.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Yes, that's the bigger issue that most ignored that someone could have highlighted, but they all went chasing the sexier headline instead of worrying about actual football incompetence.

We've always been like this. It would come naturally to us to make these distinctions.

Do you think Thommo and Danger used to hang with the SANFL kids or with Campo and Bicks?
Danger used to go watch the SANFL games every week our schedule allowed it.

Yep and we've settled on a version where the only problem was the EXTERNAL NOISE

That was the only issue. Not the players, not collective minds, not anything that happened at the camp, not the AFC, not Burton, not anyone.

EXTERNAL NOISE

No one was at fault. There doesn't need to be any action taken. The AFC and CM are on the same page with this one.

Any mention of Jacobs and his distress? Betts? McGovern?

Remember when Gwyneth Paltrow left Chris from Coldplay? He said nothing, she labeled it a conscious uncoupling?

That’s what this is. A fabricated and planned narrative from the AFC and Collective Minds to try and protect both parties, without admitting any fault from either.

It’s extremely hard to believe this narrative, given the clear contradictions from various sources, the clear damage the camp did, the refusal to discuss it open and honestly for most of the season, and the ongoing discussion surrounding it.

I don’t believe the scripted storyline at all.

This still doesn't explain why we let the media "damage both us and them" when the public messaging has been there were no issues with the camp whatsoever except for a minor indigenous player complaint.

Why did we not clarify immediately and strongly that the media rumors were untrue? Why did we not state exactly what happened at the camp early to set the message straight?

Why did we let it drag on for months if there were no issues? Why did CM let their business reputation get damaged if the media rumors were untrue, and why would they wait until the end of the season to "clarify" their program?

Even after repeated stories and the issue not going away, why did we not just explain the whole situation as there was (going on current messaging) absolutely nothing wrong or dodgy about the camp?

It ******* stinks if I'm honest

Maybe we thought to copy the British Royals in hunkering down and zipping up till the issue died a natural death ?

One thing has become very obvious with present day AFC issues - spinning half truths and bit information doesn't work.

My final word on the camp

This has to be the biggest AFL media beat up in recent history

My issue now is not so much with the camp it’s more to do with why did we allow this media beat up to not only gain oxygen but a life of its own

The Club, with CM and the Leadership Group should have come out early, strong and united and put this to bed, this is the real failing

The only logical answer to them not doing so was because the camp was a disaster.

There is no reasonable explanation for allowing this to snowball like it did -except it is true.

The AFC have shown that they’re willing to mislead and spin many times this year; why would this be any different?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back