Cruiserweight match at RR

Remove this Banner Ad

Doggies422

Draftee
Sep 22, 2005
Other Teams
The Mighty Doggies
Anyone else agree that it was by far the best match on the card? The cruiserweights were finally given the chance to do their stuff, and it payed off. They have an unbelievable Cruiserweight division, and if it is used effectively, could really go places.

Paul London is a nut, no one caught him on the shooting star press... :D

Hopefully Vince will take note of the general badassness of that match, and give the division more air time.

Here's hoping.

Wow how odd to see London not being used to job to "talent" like Gymini.

Like alot of fans on this board, I'm sick of hoping Vince will do more (or should I say something) with the cruiserweights. But no, let's see the big guy from the longest yard re-make. Can't wait.

It was good, plenty of spots i agree but its not what wrestling is about in my eyes. Id be happy to see a decent cruiser match every ppv but nothing more.

Most of the cruiserweights are so much more than that, though.

Nearly all the cruiserweights are also great technical wrestlers. Not all of their matches are going to be spot fests if they are on more often.

Doggies422 said:
Most of the cruiserweights are so much more than that, though.

Nearly all the cruiserweights are also great technical wrestlers. Not all of their matches are going to be spot fests if they are on more often.

Most of the big guys are excellent techinical wrestlers if given the chance, how else would they have gotten that far, obviously you dont see it with all of them but thats clearly not how they are told to wrestle.

Power21 said:
Most of the big guys are excellent techinical wrestlers if given the chance, how else would they have gotten that far, obviously you dont see it with all of them but thats clearly not how they are told to wrestle.

Also with any group of wrestlers (heavyweights or cruiserweights), you must factor in the time they are allocated for their match.

Doggies422 said:
Anyone else agree that it was by far the best match on the card? The cruiserweights were finally given the chance to do their stuff, and it payed off. They have an unbelievable Cruiserweight division, and if it is used effectively, could really go places.

Paul London is a nut, no one caught him on the shooting star press... :D

Hopefully Vince will take note of the general badassness of that match, and give the division more air time.

Here's hoping.
I thought it was very crap actually, too much punch punch kick kick for cruiserweight action, they need to add lucha libre tactics as well, just quick action spots that rey and ultimo dragon and psychosis are MASTERS of. Too much back and forth punching, they need to let them loose in the ring, instead of saying don't use the top rope except for 1 move.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cruiserweight match at RR

Remove this Banner Ad

Back