• South Melbourne

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yarra Valley

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Save for a couple of g'days at the season launch, I haven't spoken to anyone from OT for well over a year now. They'll be fine, and certainly don't need my assistance.

As for you Roy, well you need all the help you can get old son. :rolleyes: Deal with it sunshine, we all know you're a complete fraud, and you're just cranky that you and your stupid mate were sprung late last year.

For heaven's sake, move on please.

I have lots of stupid mates Frase, please be a bit more specific on that front.

I am just passing on what my sources tell me, your marvelous deeds are not going unnoticed.

Anyway the break is a good time for reflection, a chance to look back on things done and said and put them in perspective. The Roy has refelcted on his performance and is obviously very happy. As for his beoved Roy boys, well the ones are sitting frimly entrenched in 3rd and will finish top two and Frasers Fighters or Scribes Scoobies (I think I prefer the second) are certainties. The Roy looks foward to the second half of the year and another couple of D1 Section flags, this time we will hit C Section with a Bang, not a wimper.

That is all

The Roy

seems brianspeaking is trying to stir the pot.
Greeny is a very good footballer but, he would be the first to agree that his best is past him. Still a gun at D1 level and knows where the goals are.

Good luck to all the D1 boys rolling around in tomorrow's rep game. I'm sure they will do the section proud.

Special congratulations to Yarra on what im told is there first state rep and especially to BT for producing 4 reps tomorrow. Great achievement

Does anyone know the dates of the finals this year?

I'm not sure if they're going Sat'day/Sunday or playing them over 4 weeks.

seems brianspeaking is trying to stir the pot.
Greeny is a very good footballer but, he would be the first to agree that his best is past him. Still a gun at D1 level and knows where the goals are.

I wonder if this great judge saw greeny play today before his tragic injury?

He was singlehandly keeping the VAFA in the game until injured.

I posted this earlier on the C Section thread.
The real story of the game was the tragic ACL knee injury suffered by one of my favorite VAFA players Paul Greenham. Greeny kicked the Vics first 3 goals and was dominating until a VCFL player fell across his knee.
It is a very sad result for a ripping fellow who has always played the game fairly and skillfully. Greeny has been playing a high level of footy ever since he won the U19 Comp B & F in 1996. He went to Port Melbourne where he was drafted by Richmond and spent three years there, then went back to Port Melbourne then SKOB.
Over the years he has given great joy to many a SKOB supporter, playing a starring role in the clubs 2004 B Section Premiership. More recently, he famously helped stop SKOB from doing the double drop in 2006 returning mid year to help SKOB go from a 0-8 start to an 8-10 season.
For the last two years he has been coaching the Two Blues in D Section, and only last week kicked 9 goals 7 in three quarters.
He will be a shattered man but should know that all SKOB people feel for him and are 100% behind him as he goes through the physical and mental challenges ahead.
Cheers Greeny.
Brian.
icon9.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As we're about to commence from the mid-season break, it seems the only real question in this D1 competition is 'Can the NOB's go through undefeated?'
I think they may have the team to be Premiers & Champions, especially considering their strength in the big man department which includes an unused ruckmen in the 2's - 'Fish'. Said to be the nicest guy at the club off the field with an extreme case of white line fever. If he can control his temper expect to see the big guy make an impact at senior level in the coming weeks.

A large contingent of D1 reps in the state team including Greenham. Would rather go to lunch than name them all. Check it out at http://vafa.com.au/fileadmin/user_upload/Publications/Rep_Round.pdf

Good luck to you all. Go Vics!

Did the Vics have a heap of players pull out on the morning of the game and Bulleen Temp were the only team not out on the piss on Friday night? With all due respect to them, how do the selectors pick 4 out of 22 from one side when there are 50 sides to select players from? Were they all emergencies that got lucky? The team on Saturday did seem a little light on for quality.

Anyway, it's over now and on with the real stuff. Will be interesting to see if the NOBS can continue their unbeaten run. Will also be interesting to see if the OMs fall from grace continues. All of a sudden it's getting pretty congested in the middle of the ladder, while the battle to avoid 9th place is gonna be red hot in the second half of the year - no easy games against sides in the bottom half.

Why not just post your message for all to see Bedford ? Don't hide behind a "Private Message". I'd be interested to "no" (sp?) why you think I am a "crap D1 coach" ? First and foremost, I am not a coach at all. Come on, the D1 forum needs a bit of spice so we may as well debate the issues in the open :D

Why not just post your message for all to see Bedford ? Don't hide behind a "Private Message". I'd be interested to "no" (sp?) why you think I am a "crap D1 coach" ? First and foremost, I am not a coach at all. Come on, the D1 forum needs a bit of spice so we may as well debate the issues in the open :D

Interseting Mappa - what have you done to upset Beford?

C'mon Mappa, everyone in D1 knows that while Jimmy and Fraser move the magnets and cones around at Fitzroy they don't do it until number 23 has been consulted.

Having the 1's in third and the 2's on top, well that really is a crap effort! Lift!

Interseting Mappa - what have you done to upset Beford?
I aired my displeasure at Adam Goodes getting let off for a gutless act yet again (....oops, there i go again), on another post and somehow this led to me being told that i am a crap D1 Coach and that I "no nothing about football" if i thought Goodes should be suspended.

I aired my displeasure at Adam Goodes getting let off for a gutless act yet again (....oops, there i go again), on another post and somehow this led to me being told that i am a crap D1 Coach and that I "no nothing about football" if i thought Goodes should be suspended.

Truth be known Mappa, you probably are the coach of the forward line. ;)

If NOBSPC are to be beaten at all (and I certainly can't see it happening this week!), it will most likely occur at either BSO, Keysborough, or Ted Ajani.

They've had the benefit of hosting 3 of the current top 5 (except for Old Geelong) in the first half of the season. Not suggesting home ground advantage is massive in D1, but many I feel some teams struggle with the size and space.

I think a nasty day at Ted Ajani could be the best chance for a team to snatch 4 points off the competition yardstick.

Truth be known Mappa, you probably are the coach of the forward line. ;)

If NOBSPC are to be beaten at all (and I certainly can't see it happening this week!), it will most likely occur at either BSO, Keysborough, or Ted Ajani.

They've had the benefit of hosting 3 of the current top 5 (except for Old Geelong) in the first half of the season. Not suggesting home ground advantage is massive in D1, but many I feel some teams struggle with the size and space.

I think a nasty day at Ted Ajani could be the best chance for a team to snatch 4 points off the competition yardstick.

Keysborough could be a tough ask as well Frase.
How many games has Biggs played this year? He got heaps of it in the last 2 qtrs last week

Keysborough could be a tough ask as well Frase.
How many games has Biggs played this year? He got heaps of it in the last 2 qtrs last week

Played them all - going pretty well. Won the U19 comp B&F last season, and then dropped into Williamstown for pre-Xmas. Dropped plenty of weight which has meant he's more nimble around the packs. Handy player at 18 years of age, but like lots of the young fellas, can blow hot and cold throughout the day.

Old Ment over Prahran by 10 pts (would have tipped the other way if the coach hadn't done the ACL)
Old Geelong over Fitzroy by 3 pts
Yarra Valley over NOBS by 22 pts with Keem kicking 12.
Bulleen Temp over Aquinas by 50 pts
Sth Melb over Peninsula by 36 pts

Old Ment over Prahan under a kick... massive loss in Greeny doesnt help
Fitzroy over Old Geelong under a kick as well... big test for the reds but i think they will go alright
NOBS over YV by 3 goals
BT over Aquinas by 10 goals
Bloods getting up on home field advantage...will need another big effort down back from Keals

Old Ment over Prahran by 10 pts (would have tipped the other way if the coach hadn't done the ACL)
Old Geelong over Fitzroy by 3 pts
Yarra Valley over NOBS by 22 pts with Keem kicking 12.
Bulleen Temp over Aquinas by 50 pts
Sth Melb over Peninsula by 36 pts

Your tipping the bottom of the ladder team to beat the top un-defeated team by 22 pts..... obviously dont want that sure thing tip. Are NOBS playing their 2nds team or something, or maybe still out on the juice after the break and cant find the way home to the Gillion.??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back