Coach Daisy Pearce

Remove this Banner Ad

Think you'll be hard pressed to find anyone who disagrees

Yes she has a media job, but she's also employed in an assistant coaching capacity within the league - honestly, I'm surprised there was even the notion put forward of her going into an opposition's team rooms either before or after games as it just seems to be putting her in an awkward position

And that this has now become a story just brings unnecessary attention to things - I'm more than happy to see her in her media gig, but surely there's someone else who's available to venture into the teams change rooms

I don't think anyone wants to acknowledge how many conflicts of interest there really are now. It's at every club.

The unpalatable truth is footy now is a gigantic money trough, and assistant coaches / commentators aren't stupid, they're going to get their share. Everyone else does.

I don’t believe so
Comparing her to Bartel and Darcy are irrelevant IMO
Yes they work at clubs but they aren’t apart of the coaching side of it

Thats a naive view.

Thats a naive view.
It’s not Naive, it’s just an opinion
I’m pro Daisy just don’t see an issue with all this media.
She hasn’t been banned from all clubs, there’s male in the industry banned from opposition rooms
Riccuito banned from port rooms tonight.
Brad Johnson said when he was doing one day a week at Geelong he was also banned from most rooms

I took it as sharing a story of interest about a female forging a path at the elite level in her chosen sport.

Has a similarity to Daisy.

And that we need to sack Scott midseason & appoint Daisy as our new senior coach so that we can be the first club to do so in an elite level mens comp...😎

I posted it also in response to comments read about Daisy's appointed as an assistant coach & what could she bring to the job as she hasn't played at the level of the men's comp - as we've seen over the years, there's barely an eyelid batted when we hear of yet another man being appointed to the top job when it's an elite or international level womens comp

So how good will it be when these types of articles are seen as obsolete because it's simply a case of appointing the best person for the job, rather than this focus when it's a woman applying for the top job in a men's comp being the one to generate the headlines

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has Daisy coached any other teams before? or have similar experience as the coach in the link that was posted?

Prior to joining Geelong she had the following under her belt:

• Completion of the National AFL Level 3 Coaching Accreditation Course
  • 12 months of mentoring from former St Kilda assistant coach Peta Searle,
  • Spent time as an unofficial assistant coaching role with Melbourne's AFLW team during her pregnancy, and
  • Since March last year she's been involved with the AFL Academy as the coach of their women's program

And that we need to sack Scott midseason & appoint Daisy as our new senior coach so that we can be the first club to do so in an elite level mens comp...😎

I posted it also in response to comments read about Daisy's appointed as an assistant coach & what could she bring to the job as she hasn't played at the level of the men's comp - as we've seen over the years, there's barely an eyelid batted when we hear of yet another man being appointed to the top job when it's an elite or international level womens comp

So how good will it be when these types of articles are seen as obsolete because it's simply a case of appointing the best person for the job, rather than this focus when it's a woman applying for the top job in a men's comp being the one to generate the headlines

Sack Scott??! 😳🫣

You might have to duck some incoming! 😊

Hasn’t that been the main argument for some in here that disagree with the appointment …or is it entirely a gender issue?

It appears that some can’t seem to grasp that a disagreement on Daisy isn’t based on her gender

shrugs

Prior to joining Geelong she had the following under her belt:

• Completion of the National AFL Level 3 Coaching Accreditation Course
  • 12 months of mentoring from former St Kilda assistant coach Peta Searle,
  • Spent time as an unofficial assistant coaching role with Melbourne's AFLW team during her pregnancy, and
  • Since March last year she's been involved with the AFL Academy as the coach of their women's program
So nothing of significance compared to the article posted

Becky's also been coaching in the NBA & now WNBA since her retirement back 2014 - so I'd expect she'd have a bit more experience than Pearce... Would have thought that aspect of things was pretty obvious 🙄
Exactly. There was no point of posting the article in this thread. Nothing to compare the two with Daisy being a token appointment and Becky putting in the work over the past decade to give herself a shot

Exactly. There was no point of posting the article in this thread. Nothing to compare the two with Daisy being a token appointment and Becky putting in the work over the past decade to give herself a shot
Gee I wonder if people on random forums said Becky Hammon was a token appointment when she first started on the Spurs NBA coaching panel in 2014 (I bet they did)?

Female coaches have to start somewhere 'to put in the work'..and put up with the 'token' label.

She has to start somewhere ffs! She’s putting in the work! How many male ex-footy players walk into footy clubs as assistants with less experience and no one questions their appointments?

It’s insulting to call it tokenism, you have no idea what she brings to the club, good or bad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Daisy Pearce

Remove this Banner Ad

Back