Speculation Dan Houston [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds more like Port are trying to offload him than any club coming to buy him so that will impact trade value also.
Where does it sound like that?

Port want to keep him. Houston would like to go home to Melbourne.

Port have agreed to try if the deal is right.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Have a feeling Dees will want to offload there 2025 first as we have a ruck/forward academy kid coming through Tairon Ah-Mu 198cm who is a unit and likely first rounder

View attachment 2059939
Don't give away your future first because of the maybe of an Academy pick.

A lot can change in a footballer's development in a year.

Given I don't see you making finals, surely one top 10 pick gets everyone what they want. I really hope for Melbourne fans sanity that nothing else is chucked in if it gets done.
Reminder Freo are getting a top 10 pick for Lachie Shultz.
Love it how Port fans are claiming Pickett isnt worth much but are all over social media fanning over the idea of him being included in the trade.
Kozzie is easily worth a top 10 pick.

I don’t think he would be included in a Houston trade, but if that happened maybe him and a pick swap.

I would imagine that Melbourne would float their 1st rounder and future first for Houston.

I don’t think he would be included in a Houston trade, but if that happened maybe him and a pick swap.

I would imagine that Melbourne would float their 1st rounder and future first for Houston.

They are not floating 2 first rounders for Houston

Collingwood traded their 1st rounder to Fremantle thinking it would be at best pick 16.

You wot?

We are talking about Dan Houston and not Zak Butters here right?

And the same club who refused to give up anywhere close to that for JHF?

It sounds like Port are desperate to get into the draft and are willing to ship one of their best to do so.

I'd be offering a F1 if I was Melbourne.

Maybe you would, but Port would laugh in your face and you would not be getting Houston.

A pick around 8-12 this year, plus an F2 would be close. IMHO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he does want to get to Melbourne, is there flag window open enough or even open at all? For what he would cost in a trade, it seems risky

I would suggest it has been closed all year and will stay that way. Most of our fans don’t even want Houston, he will cost way too much and mortgage our future.

Cal saying again that he believes Houston will be at Melbourne next year.
Thinks it'll be melbs first this year and next with some late picks going back to melb

Saying pick 7 isnt to high a starting point.

Seems a strange one, unless melb thinks they can share one more premiership with gawn may etc

Thinks it'll be melbs first this year and next with some late picks going back to melb

Seems a strange one, unless melb thinks they can share one more premiership with gawn may etc
Wow. Melbourne would be fools to do that deal. I get you have to pay overs to get a contracted player released, but that is way overs..

Would just be pick 7 + slight extras really.

Demons 1st rounder this year too high for them to need to give up more. Having a pick before 8 is pretty big this year

Wow. Melbourne would be fools to do that deal. I get you have to pay overs to get a contracted player released, but that is way overs..

I don't get it from a melb perspective, he's an out and out star I get that but are melb going to contend for the next couple years?

I like it from a ports point of view. Even if it is just pick 7 and say a few pick up grades. We are chasing Perryman and Cummings. Get one or both of them and a high pick.

I don't get it from a melb perspective, he's an out and out star I get that but are melb going to contend for the next couple years?

I like it from a ports point of view. Even if it is just pick 7 and say a few pick up grades. We are chasing Perryman and Cummings. Get one or both of them and a high pick.
They got a giant Angus Brayshaw sized hole that needs filling basically. Id say its less about needing to contend and more about wanting to simply fill a role they have no one to fill at all.

Knockdown effect is Rivers can become full time midfielder which id say is a big deal for them

Would just be pick 7 + slight extras really.

Demons 1st rounder this year too high for them to need to give up more. Having a pick before 8 is pretty big this year
For a player who is likely to be going into the trade period as a two time All Australian, rated one of the top 10 players in the league, one of just three defenders that appear in the top 20, the top rated General Defender.

Tim Taranto a 0 time All Australian just went for two first round picks.

And you think pick 7 + slight extras for a player with three seasons remaining on his contract?

For a player who is likely to be going into the trade period as a two time All Australian, rated one of the top 10 players in the league, one of just three defenders that appear in the top 20, the top rated General Defender.

Tim Taranto a 0 time All Australian just went for two first round picks.

And you think pick 7 + slight extras for a player with three seasons remaining on his contract?
Id trade pick 12 and 15 for pick 7 this year for example so its just about the timing and ranking of the draft. Being in the top 8 is that big a difference in my eyes

Pick 7 and future 1st is rating him at like pick 3 which is overs

I mean lets put it this way. If Port really want 3 picks in the teens, they would get that haul with pick 7 anyway

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Dan Houston [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back