List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't see him picking North though, he'll go to Carlton, and it'll be 12 + Future 1st.
No it won't. They'd have to give up their future first to get pick 12.

That's why their claim that #11 is off limits is taking the piss, and we shouldn't even bother picking up the phone until they concede.

I’d say theres a 1% chance of us getting two firsts. We’ll accept a first and probably an upgrade of second rounders, something like that

I’d say theres a 1% chance of us getting two firsts. We’ll accept a first and probably an upgrade of second rounders, something like that
In that scenario we would need to have balls and keep him.

Lots of clubs have successfully done that in the past.

I still think it is likely someone finds a way to get us 2x1sts, they just aren't amazing 1sts. Probably something like 11 and 18 and we give back a 20's pick.

Yeah dream scenario is North break 2 into a couple low picks somehow, and we get one of them. Not sure we need to do the heavy lifting as you're indicating there. Let North do the deal and then come to us.

Houston would be worth a pick around 5-7 on it's own. Then as you move up into the 8-10 you want some change however that is worked out, 10+ you want another first for sure.

Can't see him picking North though, he'll go to Carlton, and it'll be 12 + Future 1st.
I think he could pick North as they may be the only team that can get a deal done. Carlton seem set on not offering 11, which even if they offered by itself is not enough, so if it's North or stick at Port he may be happy choosing North. Depends how strong his desire is to return to Vic this year.

I tend to agree that it's up to North to break the picks down, and Houston is probably worth pick 5-7 on his own, but pick 2 by itself is probably a bit too much in this draft. While I'd prefer them to split the pick themselves, I can see us making that deal in order to get two high draft picks for this year.

I think he could pick North as they may be the only team that can get a deal done. Carlton seem set on not offering 11, which even if they offered by itself is not enough, so if it's North or stick at Port he may be happy choosing North. Depends how strong his desire is to return to Vic this year.

I tend to agree that it's up to North to break the picks down, and Houston is probably worth pick 5-7 on his own, but pick 2 by itself is probably a bit too much in this draft. While I'd prefer them to split the pick themselves, I can see us making that deal in order to get two high draft picks for this year.
Snatch pick two if it’s offered however. Poor GC, sorry Luko not worth pick 2, here’s second rounder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's absolutely no way that Port should even consider accepting pick 12 from Carlton (provided they acquire it from gold coast). Absolute minimum they need to give Port pick 11 and a lot more.

I don't see how he gets to Carlton unless Port back down on their trade demands. A north deal is much easier to get done.

They were going to update that pick value index, has that happened?

We do know that those top 6-7 picks command a huge premium above that pick index value.
No idea on that.

They were going to update that pick value index, has that happened?

We do know that those top 6-7 picks command a huge premium above that pick index value.
Found it:

For 2025, the main changes will be:
  • The revised draft value index and bidding system will be introduced. The new DVI will make it harder for clubs to stockpile draft selections to match multiple bids on Academy and father-son selections.

2025 Index :

Rather than increase higher pick value, they just decreased the value of all other picks.

1727235611760.png

So under new model RossFC

Pick 2 is worth - Pick 11, 12 and 44

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back