List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Talks are about 6 and 20 haha what do you mean they aren't getting 6. The only thing that might go the other way is a future 3rd.
Whose talks? Some big footy nuffs?

Rioli ain't worth 6.

We're never getting pick 2 anyway, but I was just playing around with how a trade of fair value might get it done.

Rioli ain't worth 6.

We're never getting pick 2 anyway, but I was just playing around with how a trade of fair value might get it done.
Just Cal Twomey, Riley Beveridge, Mitch Cleary who've mentioned it

I think you're just undervaluing the modern trades value massively.

I feel like I’m losing my mind hearing all these undervaluations of Dan Houston.

He’s 27 and the back to back AA HBF. About to hit his prime. I expect him to win 4 of the next 5 AA HBF selections. He will retire at least a 6 time AA player. Any team he goes into, he will be a top 3 player at the club and poll top 3 in their B&F for quite a few years.

Let’s be real here. Pick 2 is a nice number. Pick 2 could be the next Petracca or it could be the next O’Rourke.

Pick 2 doesn’t even come close to Houston’s value. If the deal was pick 2 for Houston plus something back, I would be beyond livid.

The starting point should be pick 2 plus something else.

A more suitable trade would be:
Port in: pick 2 & north F1
North in: Houston & port f2

I feel like I’m losing my mind hearing all these undervaluations of Dan Houston.

He’s 27 and the back to back AA HBF. About to hit his prime. I expect him to win 4 of the next 5 AA HBF selections. He will retire at least a 6 time AA player. Any team he goes into, he will be a top 3 player at the club and poll top 3 in their B&F for quite a few years.

Let’s be real here. Pick 2 is a nice number. Pick 2 could be the next Petracca or it could be the next O’Rourke.

Pick 2 doesn’t even come close to Houston’s value. If the deal was pick 2 for Houston plus something back, I would be beyond livid.

You've just gone some undervaluation to severe overvaluation. Dan Houston for pick 2, fair deal and everyone moves on. Yes he could be get another 2 AA and be a B&F winner at his next club but that doesnt mean we are gonna get pick 2 and possibly pick 2-6 for him next year too.

Isn’t it funny how a pick 1 can get you a Jack watts but it’s an absurd notion to suggest anything near it could get you a Dan Houston

Some random Pies supporter on the main board reckons Dan Houston will nominate the Pies as his preferred club of choice next week.

If true, looks like Chris Davies is really working the phones before he crosses the border.

Some random Pies supporter on the main board reckons Dan Houston will nominate the Pies as his preferred club of choice next week.

If true, looks like Chris Davies is really working the phones before he crosses the border.
Its probably why he was non-committal on the value we are placing on Houston. So he can get him for unders on the other side.

The only way we should agree to a deal is by taking pick 12 and future 1st, nothing back. Thats if they get 12 for Noble by giving up plenty of other picks to make up the points.

Pick #2 is worth so much more than Houston it isn't funny. This is crazy talk. A 14-16 year near guaranteed gun, for a gun player with maybe 5-6 years left, and a couple before the decline. Theres just no way that balances.

Think about the JHF/Daicos draft. Imagine you said, you would take 5-6 years of Houston ahead of either of those 2 for beyond the next decade, you'd be kidding yourself.

I can't see Houston nominating a club that can't get the deal done. Collingwood only have pick 33.

Maybe Future 1st, Richards & a swap of later picks?

With Howe nearing retirement, a play for Dan makes a lot of sense.
As far as I understand, we want a pick this year. Don't get that and I can't see a deal happening.

Hopefully Richards signs on with Collingwood and we don't need to worry about him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As far as I understand, we want a pick this year. Don't get that and I can't see a deal happening.

Hopefully Richards signs on with Collingwood and we don't need to worry about him.

If there’s legs to the story, I don’t think Dan would nominate the Pies unless his Manager is confident a deal can get done that will satisfy all parties.

Maybe we are interested in another Pies player? Harvey Harrison is an SA lad who goes alright.

Last edited:
Pick #2 is worth so much more than Houston it isn't funny. This is crazy talk. A 14-16 year near guaranteed gun, for a gun player with maybe 5-6 years left, and a couple before the decline. Theres just no way that balances.

Think about the JHF/Daicos draft. Imagine you said, you would take 5-6 years of Houston ahead of either of those 2 for beyond the next decade, you'd be kidding yourself.
Except what you're missing out is this draft, while it is even and deep, doesn't have players like JHF and Daicos in it. After watching a ton of CTL, National Championships, SANFL u18s games and some VFL and WAFL vision, there literally is no one in the ilk of JHF, Daicos and Reid. Hence why there's a genuine confusion as to who's no.1. There's a good chance, greater than its been in the last 5 years at least, that the kid you pick at pick 2 could be just as good in raw terms as the kid you pick at 10 or perhaps even 15. Its all relative, and if Port were to give a F1 back to North for getting 2 and whatever in this draft that would be short of Houston's valuation in this market.

And the counter argument to yours is, what if North messes up its pick and takes a Will Phillips, Schache, O'Rourke, Bennell, Trengove, Plowman or Dow? Would they rather those or 5-6 years of Houston?

Rioli ain't worth 6.
It kind of baffled me too but it seems the concept is that Richmond will pay all of Riolis salary during his time at the Suns. So the Tigers are basically buying pick 6, and the Suns are expanding their salary cap.

The Suns are playing with a different deck to everyone else, and it's kind of smart that they are finding ways to leverage their resources when the endless carousel of early picks hasn't worked.

It's frustrating though that they are entering into these funky pick buying deals with Vic clubs without too much questioning of it by the media- you'd imagine if Port or Adelaide had been the ones to benefit initially then there wouldve been uproar about the integrity of the draft.

I can only see Dan nomonating the Pies if Port get Perryman.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

If Dan nominated Collingwood, that would signify to me he doesn't really want to leave Port. :)
It's just a token gesture "See, I tried to get home but a trade couldn't get done..."

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back