List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont think Carlton are contending for anything but mediocrity. I'd much rather a deal with North. They need to finally land a name player so will pay up in a trade and contract. They have lots of young talent already. Houston would make them better.

That's why I wouldn't want a future pick from them. Pick 2 would do nicely and they can afford it with all the early picks they've had. Cripps loves a bit of pick swapping, so let him have some fun with that.

North have 2 + 22 and we can give them 36

Carlton have 11 + 31 and we can give them 54
lol should want so much more from blues then that.

That’s what we paid for glass ankles Dixon when gcs were marching him out the door.
Norths future 1st rounder would be great. Deathride them to the spoon will be fun.
Lol.

It’s insane people still think that’s something that might happen. Richmond were horrid this year and they’re losing something like 4 of their best ten players.

If you gathered every wooden spooner of the last 18 years and played a season, next years Richmond still might not win a game.

I don’t think a wooden spoon team has ever lost so many good players in one offseason before.

There’s zero chance north finish below them.

Then there’s west coast, who would be the certain wooden spooners if there wasnt an all time stripped team behind them.

The bottom 2 teams are locked in.
Personally, I'd take North's future first, which I think will be a top 5 pick and 22 for Houston and our F2

Then trade our own future first to Freo for one of their first round picks in this draft.

I think that's a fair deal

We could get access to Dyson Sharp next year, while also getting back into first round pick this year.
Why would freo trade out a first for next year?

Why would we get it and not another team?

If we don’t need to trade it to acquire someone why are we trading out a future first in a year of massive uncertainty where we don’t know how we’re going to fare without Houston , a fairly new and completely unknown forward line and our coaching situation.
North are primed to spike in 2025.

They have a lot of young talent that Clarko has been putting games into.

A F1 might not be the pick Port hopes.
Yep.

1 afl team that just won 2 games and losing an unprecedented amount of talent for a spooner , 1 horrific spoon calibre team also losing key players (barrass / maybe darling)

There’s bottom 2 spots locked up.

Any team that gets multiples against those 2 teams has banked wins. That could be 4 wins straight up if the afl is kind to you, and the afl will be kind to north.

They’ve got a bunch of young players and building players and will be coming into their second year with Clarkson. I’m not saying they’re gonna suddenly become formidable, but it’s very easy to see a world where they bank 4-9 wins next season.

Why would freo trade out a first for next year?

Why would we get it and not another team?

If we don’t need to trade it to acquire someone why are we trading out a future first in a year of massive uncertainty where we don’t know how we’re going to fare without Houston , a fairly new and completely unknown forward line and our coaching situation
If you read the reports, many have said that Freo would try move a first rounder to next year to help with their bid for Chad Warner.

Why would we get it and not another team? Idrk, why did we choose Freo last year to trade our 2024 first round for 2 2nd rounders? It's a question that cannot be answered. Why do we do deals with a club for pick swaps in general?

If they deal I said is done, you still have North's F1. This year's draft is very strong and we clearly have a target because we want to get into this year's draft.

If you read the reports, many have said that Freo would try move a first rounder to next year to help with their bid for Chad Warner.

Why would we get it and not another team? Idrk, why did we choose Freo last year to trade our 2024 first round for 2 2nd rounders? It's a question that cannot be answered. Why do we do deals with a club for pick swaps in general?

If they deal I said is done, you still have North's F1. This year's draft is very strong and we clearly have a target because we want to get into this year's draft.

If this years draft is strong, plenty of teams will be competing for freos up for grabs first rounder + next year we’re a complete unknown. It would be a very risky move to trade it.

For all the “norths future 1st could be an early pick” talk, so could our first as well. I’m not convinced we’re a certainty to win many more games than north next year.

I mean maybe we do, but gee, there’s massive risk there we don’t. After losing Dan and Dixon’s demise , Hinkley losing the players more and more, things are getting kinda wild.

We’re probably a bad injury to one key player (butters / jhf / Mitch / Alir) away from being bottom 4 next year imo.

If this years draft is strong, plenty of teams will be competing for freos up for grabs first rounder + next year we’re a complete unknown. It would be a very risky move to trade it.

For all the “norths future 1st could be an early pick” talk, so could our first as well. I’m not convinced we’re a certainty to win many more games than north next year.

I mean maybe we do, but gee, there’s massive risk there we don’t. After losing Dan and Dixon’s demise , Hinkley losing the players more and more, things are getting kinda wild.

We’re probably a bad injury to one key player (butters / jhf / Mitch / Alir) away from being bottom 4 next year imo.
Gee take your glass to a bar and top it up. It's empty

I don't have the same pessimistic view

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder why a bloke watching this port team do the whole sideshow bob stepping on rakes bit and about to lose one of our best players and go around with the same coach thinks there’s a chance we might suck next year.

Or maybe we aren't going around with the same coach, let's wait and see 🤷‍♂️

Regardless, North aren't finishing above us

That's why I wouldn't want a future pick from them. Pick 2 would do nicely and they can afford it with all the early picks they've had. Cripps loves a bit of pick swapping, so let him have some fun with that.
Pick 2 and a F2 for Dan and pick 46 or whatever we have.
Let Kripps use the F2 to get back into this year's draft, and split the Pick 2 from this year into two firsts.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back