Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

In all honesty now Cummings and Perryman are not coming to port I think there is a serious chance Dan stays at port
Yeah, while I don't think Port were/are actively 'pushing him out' as some are claiming, I do think they saw an opportunity to get maximum value and believed they had a positional replacement lined up in Perryman. Now they're unlikely to get their 'free' replacement, they're more likely to hold Houston to contract.

I think what happens is:

• Collingwood get pick 12 from GCS
  • Collingwood trade pick 12 and other picks for Houston
  • Port trade pick 12 for Luko
It's the Human Centipede of trades.
GC shouldn’t be getting a first rounder for luko if we take his entire salary. And even if they do, we’d trade our future first before trading 12

I dont get why Port wouldnt go nuclear here to get pick 2 to grab Sid Draper myself

A deal of say

Pick 2 for Houston + F1st + Soldo compo

Getting another ready to go young midfielder to replace Houston seems the ideal way to go. To get Lukosius if im Port id look to move Ollie Lord on. Think he is too similar in playing style to Georgiades/Marshall who are just better

I'm all aboard this train!

Ken Hinkley does not want to lose Houston
this rubbish about Port pushing him out is really stupid , Port are in their window and Kens last contracted year he will want every weapon he has firing and will fight tooth and nail to keep him.

This is not going to be a cheap trade specially with Rioli traded for #6 plus change they will be pointing to that at every meeting and using it as the value
I think that's reasonable to point to but no one can afford a Gold Coast trade bonanza. Even then, the only way it's close to that is if it's North who will likely be willing to pay a little bit more than Carlton to get it done.

More like Carlton give up F1 and 31 this year
Port give up F1 and Houston
GC give up 12 and Lukosius

Carlton get Houston
Port get Lukosius, pick 12 and 31
GC get Port and Carlton F1

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That seems a good option for all 3 clubs personally.

Houston and our future first
For
Lukosius, 12 and 31

Is probably the worst trade suggestion I’ve seen in this thread what are you talking about? Get rid of our future first and it’s better
Haha doubt its the worst trade suggestion you've seen, but maybe you get something else back from GC in that trade, they probably do pretty well out of the trade. Maybe Port gets 26 and 46 and give up 36 and 54.

Luko is probably worth your F1 with something late coming back. The rest is all value for Houston going.

I'm not sure you trade Houston now anyway. Seemed a reasonable deal for Port, get Perryman in for free to replace him, and use Houston to essentially get a reset on your 1st rounders as you move forward, being as the 2 you've had in the last 4 years (Sinn and JHF) will drop out of the 4 year cycle from next year.

Not getting Perryman, may put a major halt on this potential trade though.

Houston and our future first
For
Lukosius, 12 and 31

Is probably the worst trade suggestion I’ve seen in this thread what are you talking about? Get rid of our future first and it’s better
I don't really think 12 and 31 is THAT far off Houstons value.

Where we are at:

Houston has said he wants to play for a Victorian team, but if a deal can’t be done he’s happy to keep playing for Port.

Port’s halfback reinforcements from GWS are looking unlikely.

With all that in mind, Port won't accept Carlton's 11 or its F1, with some later picks.

Carlton won't offer 11 and its F1.

Port would accept pick 2 or l, I expect, North's F1 as the basis of a deal, with something coming back.

Port would also accept pick 6, if North can split pick 2 for two first rounders.

So the questions are: how much does Houston want to move to Victoria and how much does he want to play for North.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Back