Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

If you are rejecting 12 + 20 for a HBF approaching 30 you are bonkers.

It's not even a debate for mine, offer me houston or 12 + 20 and im taking the picks before you get a chance to change your mind, about a 95% chance to come out infront.

12 becomes 15+ and 20 goes out to probably 25ish.

15 and 25 for Houston is a very average deal on our end when you consider he’s contracted and one of our best. We’d be better off just keeping him.

15 and 25 for Houston is a very average deal on our end when you consider he’s contracted and one of our best. We’d be better off just keeping him.
Ashcroft is the only pick before 12 who will absorb pick 18 and then you have a essendon and gc academy selection around the 12-20 range so 13 + 22 at worst and im still taking the picks in about 0.00001 of a second

Ashcroft is the only pick before 12 who will absorb pick 18 and then you have a essendon and gc academy selection around the 12-20 range so 13 + 22 at worst and im still taking the picks in about 0.00001 of a second
Not when we are supposedly in a premiership window. Different if you are rebuilding like Richmond with Rioli.

If you are rejecting 12 + 20 for a HBF approaching 30 you are bonkers.

It's not even a debate for mine, offer me houston or 12 + 20 and im taking the picks before you get a chance to change your mind, about a 95% chance to come out infront.
He's 27.

Subject to injury he'll play nearly 60 games before he turns 30.

And in this day and age 30 isn't old.

Houston could easily play 150 games for his next club should he be traded.

Lombard has been touted as likely top 10 and possibly Kako around that range. Doesn’t take much for that pick to be out to 15.

Receiving pick 15 for a contracted Houston is robbery. We have absolutely no reason to accept that.

When other lesser players in his position are going for top 10 picks, it’s pretty simple. Either match with a top 10 pick or put in an extra first rounder.

He's 27.

100% mate. Players still in their prime at 30 these days. Clueless posters banging on about his age as if that is a major factor. You’re paying the picks for elite talent in their prime for an instant hit to your list to potentially bridge the gap to a flag. Really need to stop overvaluing a pick 12 that won’t value add to a contending list for a few years.

He's 27.

Which is far more than your average draftee.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is such a pointless attempt at posturing. You’d still be getting the 12th and 20th best players available from those in the open draft pool. It’s naive to think that this type of logic has any real gravity in these discussions.

This is such a pointless attempt at posturing. You’d still be getting the 12th and 20th best players available from those in the open draft pool. It’s naive to think that this type of logic has any real gravity in these discussions.
Battle might get the saints an extra pick. But I see your point.

I think it’s naive to think it isn’t taken into consideration when it’s a contracted player.

Why trade him for a diluted pick when we could just hold him and trade him a year later if he still wants out and get a pick in the same range then anyway?

If the Blues want him and they don’t want to part with their F1 as well, well then they need to find a way to improve their current pick so it doesn’t get pushed back to 15+.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Back