Cancelled
Collingwood Magpies - Alan Didak 2009 Player Sponsor
Sep 17, 2006
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Storm,Victory,Blue Jays
How did hawthorn supports felt with Chick winnig the weagles a flag?

Awesome effort Chick! So much courage to make the decision of getting one of his fingures amputated. He deserves everything that comes his way. He was my one of the best to play for the Hawks in the last few years and his ability to play in the midfield (making the most tackles in the league) at Hawthorn, then Midfield and then in defence for the Eagles is awe inspiring!

Champ, the Eagles had me right behind them all the way, I was yelling and breaking things throughout the match. My old man might be peeved that I broke his table... all your fault Chick with that smother!

Embers is burnd into my memory with that goal and that mark. All of it was great!

Go Hawks... I mean Eagles! That new bear add is on TV! go FAME!

Congratulations Daniel. Great memories of you being at Hawthorn.

F*kn champion..his been my favourite player for yrs..throughout his whole career his been my favourite player..his courage and how he goes about his footy is just inspiring and just awsome..and id like to congratulate chicky on a awesome career!Congrates daniel..you deserved that premiship medal around your neck..i just wished you wore it when you were at the hawks:(

Go Chickadee!!

HugeBluesFan said:
Great game by Chick. That smother, handball and shepard late in the game to set up the Hunter goal just about sums up the way Chick goes about his footy.

This is what I meant by '****en excellent', a trademark Chick act delievers him the flag. It's beautiful to witness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats Chicky- always a fav of mine at Hawthorn. Just wish your premiership was in the brown and gold! Always a trier and honest footballer. Will never win a brownlow with his skills but you know he wears his heart on his sleeve and always gives 100%. Well done.

Congrats to the Eagles, enjoy the celebrations.

Cheers
Russ

As a Hawthorn fan (and therefore an enemy of Daniel Cur) I wanted a Sydney win, or failing it: Daniel Chick as the hero in an Eagles win.

Chick has had a pretty tough emotional time over the last few years. Chickadee was home-sick but stayed at Hawthorn for two extra years; then his brother died suddenly in extraordinary circumstances.

Chick was wonderful at Hawthorn - he showed the tenacity and talent that mark Hawthorn's favourite sons.

I'm sure all Hawk fans are very happy to see him complete his career (whether today or in another year or two) with a premiership medal.

Particularly given that he lifted and delivered when it counted most. That's the Daniel Chick we all came to know.

I am thrilled for Chicky that we was able to achieve what we all hoped he would at Hawthorn. He was a wonderful contributor for the Hawks in the time he was at the club, and although disappointed he left, could understand his reasons for doing so.

Chicky is still one of my favourite players, even though he wears the wrong colours :)

Adelaide Hawk said:
Disagree Nightwolf. Why would you label him a disgrace?

I don't know about being a disgrace but his treatment of the youngster that handed him his premiership medallion was pretty ordinary. Let's hope if the rumour is true about him retiring and moving to the USA to be nearer to his son, he makes a bit more of an effort with him.

kDon't single Chicky out for his unfortunate distracted effort in receiving his medal from his designated youngster. For the most part, the Eagle players were fantastic in showing their appreciation to the little mites, who looked all at sea and overawed, but will be showing their school-mates the footage for years to come ! And then, just maybe, someday one or two of them are on the other end of a similar exchange. BUT CONGRATULATIONS EAGLES FOR YOUR GRACIOUSNESS FOR BENDING DOWN FROM YOUR 6' PLUS ALTITUDES TO SHAKE HANDS, LOOK THE KIDS IN THE FACE AND SMILE, AND SHARE YOUR DREAM..........................If Chicky hick-cupped here, how must the lil bloke with 44 on his back have felt ? I think in hind sight David might be seeking him out too. I hope this GF concept continues. The success of soccer (World Cup euphoria) and rugby..................we need to sustain the youngsters' appreciation of our game

Jimmy_the_Gent said:
Rumour has it he'll retire now and move to the US to be near his son.

I though his wife moved to Australia. If chicky has a son in usa, i asume his wife return back to usa or is it a love child to anther woman. Quick bring him back to aus or we miss out on a father son chance ;)

Hawk_Hero_Win said:
I though his wife moved to Australia. If chicky has a son in usa, i asume his wife return back to usa or is it a love child to anther woman. Quick bring him back to aus or we miss out on a father son chance ;)

They divorced or seperated and she moved back to the US with Seth, their son. It's understandable though because she's experienced a lot of crap you wouldn't expect to ever have to deal with.

Either way I'm pretty sure he'll play on but I hope his personal life sorts itself out for the best. Chicky is a great guy from what I've witnessed.

Nightwolf_69 said:
Excuse me while i grab my bucket to spew. What a load of crap this thread contains..

Daniel Chick is a disgrace...
I wouldn't say the guy is a disgrace but i wouldn't pi$$ in his pocket either just because he seems to be a nice block.The fact is he dropped us cold at a time when we needed experienced players like him more than ever and for that very reason
being present at the game yesterday i was hoping for two things ,the Swannies to win and Chick to get towelled up by his opponent (both of which didn't eventuate).The guy $hit in our face just like Luke McPharlin and Darren Jarmen did before him i do not wish him well at all.

only been following the Hawks for a few years. Why did Chick leave? I've never actually heard the reason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Daniel Chick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back