Player Watch Daniel Curtin - Debut

When will Daniel Curtin play his 3rd game?

• Sometime during Rounds 17-20

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes I’m changing the question to afl, has only one turned from a key position to a midfielder?
Pavlich?

James Hird?

Pretty special players though.

Yes I’m changing the question to afl, has only one turned from a key position to a midfielder?
Anthony Koutoufides from memory went from wingman to a CHB/CHF to an inside midfielder

Have said before that I'd love us to try Thilthorpe as an inside mid. Even if it's only for a quarter during preseason, just to pique my curiosity

Anthony Koutoufides from memory went from wingman to a CHB/CHF to an inside midfielder

Have said before that I'd love us to try Thilthorpe as an inside mid. Even if it's only for a quarter during preseason, just to pique my curiosity

He definitely started as a wingman, and played some Key positions from time to time, later in his career

Not sure you’d call pavlich a midfielder, was James a Key position?
Pav did play significant games as a midfielder, but ended up being too valuable as a forward.

Like Smart he could play anywhere!

Hird often played CHF.

Yeah, Kouta was another who played everywhere.

Interestingly Crows usually played Smart on Kouta, as could match him in the midfield or when Kouta moved forward.

Both guns

Here you go old son. 10 minutes to raise your spirits and not lose Faith after his first 150 minutes of footy.

Weagles and Freo both rated him top 2-3 last year (as per Weagles Board member) and Angry Alistair met with him the day before the draft which you don’t do unless you are some decent chance at getting picked at 2 or 3 the following day. Finallly Walter rated him as his hardest match up during the Nationals.

Walter rated him as the hardest match up? I thought Walter played full forward?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Pav did play significant games as a midfielder, but ended up being too valuable as a forward.

Like Smart he could play anywhere!

Hird often played CHF.
Probably out of the 3, Smart was the only one to not play much (any?) as a mid. Like others have asaid could play any KP and was instrumental in a number of our big finals wins at The G inc our first ever Horks final. For people that didn’t know much about him there was certainly a “wow” moment when he took down Dunstall big time in our first ever AFL game. Amazing athlete - both accelerating pace, leap - skills inc goal sense and excellent mark

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was posted on our board this morning, haven’t heard the interview myself but apparently the link is to Freo.

Look, IF its true, then its WCE 1st this year and maybe a 2nd - add that to our 1st this year and we may be able to secure 2 x top end mids in this draft. Thats the end game IF its true he wants out - 2 years left on contract we hold the cards in terms of trade.

EDIT: Just saw Eaglevision's post - so if its Freo, then is their 1st this year and next - full stop

High Quality Im Shocked GIF

Look, IF its true, then its WCE 1st this year and maybe a 2nd - add that to our 1st this year and we may be able to secure 2 x top end mids in this draft. Thats the end game IF its true he wants out - 2 years left on contract we hold the cards in terms of trade.

EDIT: Just saw Eaglevision's post - so if its Freo, then is their 1st this year and next - full stop
It was Gossage. 9/10 times he’s FOS although every once in a while he gets some good mail but if I was the Crows I wouldn’t be stressing too much now that I know the source.

On a potential trade I don’t think WCE would do pick 3 for Curtin but he is contracted for 2 more years. More likely might be a trade involving Curtin, Barnett and pick swaps.

If it’s Freo as suggested I’d be asking them for all 3 of their 1R picks (given none are likely to be in the top 10) in exchange for Curtin and the Melbourne 2R. In a midfield heavy draft you should be able to get a hold of a couple of good mids and a KPP. If one of their picks does end up in the top 10 after likely bids I’d be going after their two best 1Rs minimum.

In saying that probably worth keeping your powder dry until hearing it from someone other than Gossage.

Ah, the 90's. Where it was a viable pre-season option for everyone to stack on 10kg of muscle and start the season with the turning circle of a cruise liner.

What year was it that Kouta came out, just absolutely enormous? Kept getting injured though. Was massive.

I reckon it was the... 1995 season the Crows all got stuck into the protein. Rnd 1 they were all huge. All oiled up too. Good stuff.

Like others have said it's Tim Gossage. Last year he said Deven Robertson had chosen WC, 30 minutes later there was a Brisbane Lions statement saying he re-signed with them for two years.

If Ryan Daniels says he wants out, then you start worrying

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Daniel Curtin - Debut

Back