daniel kerr

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks, I didn't know who Wellingham was before you chucked in the link.

That wouldn't get anywhere near getting the trade done (a virtually untried rookie upgrade and a 3rd round pick), but Wellingham wouldn't be put up for trade regardless. He wouldn't hold much sway at the trade table just yet, but by the time he will (shouldn't be to long) the last thing on our minds by then will be trading him.

Kerr a good midfielder when he is the 2nd or 3rd midfielder. Cant handle the tag as a number 1 midfielder.

Althought i think he is a very good midfielder. I'm not sure if he is worth the risk he is about 27, injury and suspension prone.
We currently have 4 elite midfielders - Swan, Davis, Didak, Pendles

Do we really need him?

Wellingham...

a) Ain't going anywhere
b) Is going to be a GUN

He has more skill NOW than half the players on our list. He has pace, clean disposal by both foot and hand AND can think quick on his feet.

The ONLY trade I'd do for Kerr (and I posted it last week in another thread) is...

Dawes, Reid, Cook, Stanley and 2nd round pick for Kerr.

Totally fair. It's not like Kerr is at his prime. He's what? 27? 28? Injury prone, makes trouble both off AND on field (he's been suspended plenty) and needs a change of scenery.

2 Young key position players, and 2 young midfielder PLUS a pick sounds perfectly fair.

Problem is, West Coast supporters will still be remembering the Kerr of old when they say "No way" to that trade option.

Am I crazy for saying I would rather a young injury free player with plenty of upside rather than a 3rd string premiership midfielder crippled with injury (and the groin related type) in the last 2 years that hasn't reached the height of the player he was when he was playing along side 3 all time greats in the midfield?

Kerr's last two years have been poor - injuries and ill-discipline have reduced his currency IMO, but no way in the world should we want or need him.

To add to the negatives, this is a bloke who has had multiple off-field stuff ups and who would need to be on huge money.

Wellingham has so much up side it's ridiculous.

Kerr is getting old and is getting exposed as the number 1 midfielder at West Coast. Like others have said hr can't break a tag.

It just won't happen.

imagine him in our midfield though they wouldnt know who to tag just look how good the midfield group looks.

Pendlebery, Didak, Beams, Swan, Kerr, Davis, Wellingham, Sidebottom, Mcarthy, Thomas.

I Think kerr would excell in a team such as collingwood he wouldn't get the attention he is getting at west coast and he seems to need a fresh start and get away from west coast for good.

I do not want to give up Wellingham though he is going to be a star i rate him so highly

So hard to think of what to offer we have a really strong group of about 25 and then the rest are o.k players at afl level or untried

there is no chance kerr will go anywhere so we might as well just save our breath, every year its the same rumour but every year he stays.

Am I crazy for saying I would rather a young injury free player with plenty of upside rather than a 3rd string premiership midfielder crippled with injury (and the groin related type) in the last 2 years that hasn't reached the height of the player he was when he was playing along side 3 all time greats in the midfield?

That's why I proposed the trade I proposed.

Seems PERFECTLY fair.

If anything, West Coast would probably win out in the long run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wellingham...

The ONLY trade I'd do for Kerr (and I posted it last week in another thread) is...

{QUOTE]

LOL 4 crap players and and ordinary draft pick do not = 1 quality player

Would you take Bevan, Moore, Barlow and Smith and our 2nd rounder for Didak?

imagine him in our midfield though they wouldnt know who to tag just look how good the midfield group looks.

Pendlebery, Didak, Beams, Swan, Kerr, Davis, Wellingham, Sidebottom, Mcarthy, Thomas.

I Think kerr would excell in a team such as collingwood he wouldn't get the attention he is getting at west coast and he seems to need a fresh start and get away from west coast for good.

Pendlebery, Didak, Beams, Swan, Kerr, Davis, Wellingham, Sidebottom, Mcarthy, Thomas

I do not want to give up Wellingham though he is going to be a star i rate him so highly

So hard to think of what to offer we have a really strong group of about 25 and then the rest are o.k players at afl level or untried

You have to give up a good player to get him.

Who would you give away??? I wouldn't give away anyone in our best 25 for him.

after watching wellingham on the weekend im convinced he could become a very special player for us over the next ten years. his clearance work and break away speed is exciting and exactly what we need.kerr hasnt played consistent good football for a while so no thanks.

Wellingham...

{QUOTE]

LOL 4 crap players and and ordinary draft pick do not = 1 quality player

Would you take Bevan, Moore, Barlow and Smith and our 2nd rounder for Didak?

So you're honestly going to compare Didak NOW, to Kerr NOW?

Really?

Again, I'm not talking about Kerr pre-2008. I'm talking about POST 2008 Kerr. The one that has barely played a game due to injury? The one who has been suspended multiple times and caused off field dramas for his club?

The one who is in poor form because he appears like he flat out doesn't want to be there?

You may bag Reid, Dawes, Cook and Stanley, but fact is, they're young and can still be moulded into whatever the West Coast want them to be. Don't dismiss them out of ignorance.

Jason Roe?
Liam Picken?
Nathan Lovett-Murray?
Liam Jurrah?

That's just 4 players who Collingwood had on their list/training with them they chose to get rid of or not take because they dismissed them the SAME WAY you're dismissing the other 4 now.

Players can be something else COMPLETELY at another club.

What if Kerr comes to Collingwood and plays WORSE? Ever thought of that?

It is a 100% fair trade.

That's why I proposed the trade I proposed.

Seems PERFECTLY fair.

If anything, West Coast would probably win out in the long run.

Probably?

Two very promising key position players for an injury prone knob head?

I see Dawes & Reid as 10 year players for us - the Weagles would be creaming themselves over such a deal.

Nope. Collingwood doesn't need Daniel Kerr. Our midfield is fine as it is now and Wellingham looks to be part of it in the future. We need Daniel Kerr as much as we needed Ben Cousins when he was making his return, which is to say that we don't need him at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

daniel kerr

Remove this Banner Ad

Back