Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Not really your opinion is based on Player / Pick without taking into account other things like How much a particular team / Coach wants a player or what salary contribution is involved or the players contractual circumstances

You just look at player name and have a number in your head and believe it to be the value then add 'IMO' to that.
Brodi Grundy is worth a top 15 pick but was traded for much less due to 'Particular Circumstances"
you fail to except these " Particular Circumstances" in the Rioli valuation

Not long left and we will see if your opinion is correct
So you are now the opinion police in a trade thread...

You realise most of us are posting opinions & usually posters from teams not involved in trade are less biased than those whose teams are involved & heavily invested.

Any ways we will soon find out soon enough whether or not Rioli nets pick 6+ ... which I doubt but who knows how desperate the Suns are.

So you are now the opinion police in a trade thread...

You realise most of us are posting opinions & usually posters from teams not involved in trade are less biased than those whose teams are involved & heavily invested.

Any ways we will soon find out soon enough whether or not Rioli nets pick 6+ ... which I doubt but who knows how desperate the Suns are.
Well whilst you are giving 'Opinions'
What is your " Opinion on his value"

lets see how accurate your " Opinion " is as you believe #6 is way too much

Well whilst you are giving 'Opinions'
What is your " Opinion on his value"

lets see how accurate your " Opinion " is as you believe #6 is way too much
Rioli is worth a mid to late 1st rounder, not top 10 pick imo.

Contracted 3 years Rioli mid 1st rounder
Uncontracted 2020 version Saad worth pick #8

cool
lets see how good your valuations are soon
Top 10 look great in this draft, so imo crazy to trade away unless a gun.

That was a once off special for the Cats.

This scenario is hardly similar in any way... unless you are giving them a 1st rounder with Rioli lol.

The big difference is the suns are actually getting a player and salary cap relief with Richmond paying a portion of Riolis contract….. at a time when GC needs to reduce its list size from is concessions they got a few years ago…
So that is why Richmond is getting hugely compensated.

Dimma said on AFL360 GC need established players… Rioli is that.

It’s rare for a player wanting to go to GC….
The deal is done… it’ll be pick 6 and more.

The big difference is the suns are actually getting a player and salary cap relief with Richmond paying a portion of Riolis contract….. at a time when GC needs to reduce its list size from is concessions they got a few years ago…
So that is why Richmond is getting hugely compensated.

Dimma said on AFL360 GC need established players… Rioli is that.

It’s rare for a player wanting to go to GC….
The deal is done… it’ll be pick 6 and more.
Man, Suns already reduced cat A numbers and have now 6 senior list spots available (if Luko and Oea leave as expected). Suns also cleaned up already around 1M from cap before counting Luko 1M salary and 2M TPP increase. Talk about not knowing facts and speculating to fit your narrative.

I actually think Tigers will be quite keen to pay some parts of salaries in trades considering salaries of retired players, players leaving, 2M TPP increase. My uneducated guess would be min 5M to fill in.

Last edited:
Man, Suns already reduced cat A numbers and have now 6 senior list spots available (if Luko and Oea leave as expected). Suns also cleaned up already around 1M from cap before counting Luko 1M salary and 2M TPP increase. Talk about not knowing facts and speculating to fit your narrative.

I actually think Tigers will be quite keen to pay some parts of salaries in trades considering salaries of retired players, players leaving, 2M TPP increase. My uneducated guess would be min 5M to fill in.

You’ve committed to Noble,Rioli and Lombard ….
That leaves 3 picks..
We will sweeten the deal with some second and third rounders which you can use to trade for future picks.

Yes … essentially it will be salary cap for picks including Rioli.

Lotta yapping in this thread

Can’t wait till trade period is over 🥱

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back