Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

All the more reason to trade it into the future in the first 5 mins of the trade period, take it off the table.
Then they dont get Rioli - Simple

But ots as plain as the nose on your face there has been promises made to daniel that the deal will get done and GC are happy to pay the price for him to come out and ask for a trade

Campbell has already accepted that will get done and Dimma mentioned just 2 days ago he doesnt give a shed about picks and wants players.

Daniel is his boy and always has been similar to daisy and Mick
If they trade out SIX the deal is either ded or Richmond demand a player they dont want to lose

Then they dont get Rioli - Simple

But ots as plain as the nose on your face there has been promises made to daniel that the deal will get done and GC are happy to pay the price for him to come out and ask for a trade

Campbell has already accepted that will get done and Dimma mentioned just 2 days ago he doesnt give a shed about picks and wants players.

Daniel is his boy and always has been similar to daisy and Mick
If they trade out SIX the deal is either ded or Richmond demand a player they dont want to lose
I like to think that Dimma doesnt have rocks in his head, I know the GC list management team does after they did the Bowes and Weller deals. Dimma will prove me wrong if he actually thinks pick 6 for Rioli is good business

The only reason its even mentioned is because GC have the pick, if GCs best pick was pick 12 then that would be the pick linked instead. I dont think even media nuffies like Ralph think 6 for Rioli is fair.
You dont pay top 6 picks for B+ players

I like to think that Dimma doesnt have rocks in his head, I know the GC list management team does after they did the Bowes and Weller deals. Dimma will prove me wrong if he actually thinks pick 6 for Rioli is good business

The only reason its even mentioned is because GC have the pick, if GCs best pick was pick 12 then that would be the pick linked instead. I dont think even media nuffies like Ralph think 6 for Rioli is fair.
You dont pay top 6 picks for B+ players
If there best pick was 12 then Rioli would have been told the deal cant be done and more would need to be added
We have enough picks without trading him.
1,18,21,22,29 without trading Rioli , Bolton or Baker

If there best pick was 12 then Rioli would have been told the deal cant be done and more would need to be added
IMG_3868.gif

Pick six is clearly the starting point.
Hardwick has been open saying he needs established talent through the door and is conditioning the fans expectations in this upcoming draft.

They should expect a result or Rioli and Lombard from this draft and trade period. Maybe even Noble.

They obviously see this as a great way to fast track their progress to win a flag in the next four years with their group.

must also be nice to pick up jamara and Darcy for nothing. Our last decent father son was Richo and our NGA has been a disaster.

for nothing?

Both guys cleared out our drafts those years. Not suggesting we didnt havea nice little sweet spot of luck there with NGA and F/S but thats not comparable with an ongoing academy thats producing top end talent every year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

for nothing?

Both guys cleared out our drafts those years. Not suggesting we didnt havea nice little sweet spot of luck there with NGA and F/S but thats not comparable with an ongoing academy thats producing top end talent every year
Name a star academy player the suns academy has produced.

In the past 15 or so years you’ve had
Wallis, Libba, Hunter, Darcy, Ugle hagan, and West

Plus Ayce Cordy, Zaine Cordy and Jordan Croft as FRP’s from father sons.

You’ve done just fine

In total our academy guys who have gone first round are;

Bowes, Walter, Read and Rogers

And that’s over the same time frame

You’ve done just fine

Graham was a 1st rounder too

Everyone from the clubs involved in this trade know full well that Pick 6 will be involved in the trade. This is a trade Richmond would deal their heals in with, as there is no family argument to Rioli wanting out and there is 0% chance if he comes back that he would sulk.

Having said that, I reckon both clubs know the above and the trade will probably be complete relatively early in the trade period. Both clubs have more that need to be done, so no point in dragging out the inevitable, when you have other deals to work on.

FWIW I reckon it'll be something like 6 and 26 for Rioli and a couple of later picks, maybe a 3rd and a F3, keeps their points alive for 2024 whilst adding to 2025.

I reckon they end up with something similar with the Pies for Noble. Something like 12, for a F2 and something in 2024, maybe 48. The Pies will expect to make finals again next year IMO so think that pick will be in the early 30's.

The Suns then auction of their Pick 20 to the highest bidder of 2025 picks (Richmond could potentially trade their F2 for it), then look at add picks in 2025 with picks in the early 20's at the start of draft night 2, as I think there will be plenty willing to trade for players that have slid in clubs rankings on draft night 1.

12 for Noble and a mid-late second in a weak draft. Get your hand off it, posh.

If Collingwood wants pick 12 for Noble they better be prepared to throw in their F1.
You could be right. I could be undervaluing that future pick with the new index as well.

Maybe 12 and GC's F2, for Pies F1, Noble and 48 or something like that.

You’ve done just fine

the only guys in that list rated as a first rounder were Darcy, Croft and Ugle-hagan and you're sure throwing around star player pretty loosely with some of these.

You've got the 4 from last year, a top 10 likely this year. A guy expected to contend for pick 1 next year along with apparently a bunch mroe coming through next year. Let's not pretend the handfull of guys we've had in the last 15 years is equivalent to this current trend>

Is this just a purple patch for the GC academy? who knows, but right now it's fairly relentless

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back