Player Watch Darcy Fogarty

How many goals will Darcy Fogarty kick in 2023?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Felt like a changing of the guard with Tex/Fog today
We need more of this as we will be healthier for it.

Tex was well beaten by Payne & worst of our key forwards.

Fog was causing Lester problems.

Berg tried to keep Andrews out of other contests, but Andrews still managed to have impact... however Berg manage to do some offensive damage too.

He was great today,
It looks like he works a lot harder and is getting rewarded for it
I loved that kick from Dawson to him deep in the forward 50 for a goal
Best I have seen him hit packs hard & flying for marks.

Energy levels appear higher.

If Fog can keep this up, the club can in my opinion make a call on Walker with RT and Welsh looming as well.
Walker has earned the right to play on if he is still in decent form.

We just shouldn't guarantee every game.

I've seen plenty of players do this and being given the leeway to do this by the umpire. Admittedly I can't remember a recent example all memories from the past.
Tiger Woods stopped mid-swing once when a photographer's camera clicked!

As a few of the obvious positives for the year (Soligo, Keane, Rankine - hope everyone jumped on the 501-1 each way bet for the B/low) the last 2 weeks are showing The Fog could be finally ready to step up and take over from Tex. But clearly 2 weeks is far too early to be a trend but as a confidence player historically it’s critical he kicks on from here and keeps up this momentum for coming months.

Also wondering if having HH in allows Fog to take the 3rd best KPD instead of the second best if Gollant or Burgess plays instead. Besides HH currently outperforming those other 2 options, this could be a major indirect benefit of his inclusion as you normally get the best (at worst second best) KPD when you are 200 cms. Just a random thought.

Edit EH obviously, not HH unfortunately (brain fog accompanying my weakened physical state)

Last edited:
We need more of this as we will be healthier for it.

Tex was well beaten by Payne & worst of our key forwards.

Fog was causing Lester problems.

Berg tried to keep Andrews out of other contests, but Andrews still managed to have impact... however Berg manage to do some offensive damage too.
Tex must have been sore. I didn't even know he was on the ground in the first quarter on TV. Right from the start, we directed all of our entries through Himmelberg and Fog.

Up until now, I have regarded Payne as a very weak link in Brisbane's defence. Tex made him look like a superstar. :huh:

Tex must have been sore. I didn't even know he was on the ground in the first quarter on TV. Right from the start, we directed all of our entries through Himmelberg and Fog.

Up until now, I have regarded Payne as a very weak link in Brisbane's defence. Tex made him look like a superstar. :huh:
Payne was decent last year... but yeah, I had to check in the 1st quarter whether Tex was playing.

Payne's been good since he came in to the side.

Best I have seen him hit packs hard & flying for marks.

Energy levels appear higher.
Last weekend was the first time fog actually looked like a key forward... He was actually taking marks. Hopefully he can keep building after a rather crap start to the season and be the main target and tex can just be a side show.

Back