Player Watch Darcy Moore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He sold wine last year, "The Pendelbury". Mr and Mr Apples actually drank a bottle after the GF, but this year we haven't seen any. Darcy's wine, "The Moore" was $150 a bottle. That's for a pinot that can't be cellared for more than 3 or 4 years. Too pricey for me, especially considering we have no idea who makes the stuff.

You can certainly cellar Pinot for longer than 3-4 years. Just depends on where and how it’s grown, and the impact of the winemaker on the production. The Pinot’s from Burgundy are renowned for their aging characteristics for example. Aussie Pinot’s are earning a reputation for showing similar traits. Cracked a 98 Black Jack Pinot last Christmas and it was stunning. I’ve had similar joy with aged Lowstoft Pinot from Tassie.

You can certainly cellar Pinot for longer than 3-4 years. Just depends on where and how it’s grown, and the impact of the winemaker on the production. The Pinot’s from Burgundy are renowned for their aging characteristics for example. Aussie Pinot’s are earning a reputation for showing similar traits. Cracked a 98 Black Jack Pinot last Christmas and it was stunning. I’ve had similar joy with aged Lowstoft Pinot from Tassie.
I've had no luck with any local pinot. Six bottles of 2016 Foxy's Hangout went down the sink this year. The Tassie pinots, Pooley's spring to mind, would probably last longer, but they seems to be opened and enjoyed pretty quickly in our house.

View attachment 1851969At least he is getting SOME exercise instead of selling wine, promoting politically correct bks etc.

He looks like he might be about to build a shelter, Bear Grylls style. Depending on how late it is in the day, it might have been better to find a water source first…

I've had no luck with any local pinot. Six bottles of 2016 Foxy's Hangout went down the sink this year. The Tassie pinots, Pooley's spring to mind, would probably last longer, but they seems to be opened and enjoyed pretty quickly in our house.

Nothing wrong with drinking them now either. Coming into perfect Pinot weather.

Well no wonder poor Jamie did not get his overseas trip with Darcy. The latter continues to be everywhere with the g/f. Now it is Sydney at the Arias.
View attachment 1853205View attachment 1853206

There was also a sighting at Fitness First Randwick in the eastern suburbs of Sydney according to reliable sources - literally 5 mins up Alison Road from the Swans HQ at 'Moore' Park. ;)

Anyway, I digress. Yes he's training. And I wouldn't expect anything less from a pro like Darcy. This guy makes Collingwood likeable.

There was also a sighting at Fitness First Randwick in the eastern suburbs of Sydney according to reliable sources - literally 5 mins up Alison Road from the SCG. ;) Randwick end, etc.

Anyway, I digress. Yes he's training. And I wouldn't expect anything less from a pro like Darcy. This guy makes Collingwood likeable.
Exactly. Of course he'd be training. Some seem to forget they are allowed to have a social life outside of football. Particularly during the off season.

At the races, I would have liked to seen him in something like what christian wilkins was wearing. That pseudo country and western jacket is a little grand ol opry

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought it was more of a wry comment on the times in which we live rather than a dig at Moore. Perhaps you all know Sea Fog better than I do, but I thought it a harmless remark.
Given Moore was just in Canberra for a launch event of such a "politically correct" book, I'm not sure

Given Moore was just in Canberra for a launch event of such a "politically correct" book, I'm not sure
It was in the spirit of the whipping boy thread which is not so active atm so was posted here.

Anyway his off-season has been a bit of a 'celebrityfest' with a few trips here and there, The Project and the Arias. He looks happy but aren't we also all chuffed at winning the flag. Every Pie player looks so happy this preseason.

deedesigner.png Deearia3.png Deearia4.png deearia5.png Deedarcehug.png

It was in the spirit of the whipping boy thread which is not so active atm so was posted here.

Anyway his off-season has been a bit of a 'celebrityfest' with a few trips here and there, The Project and the Arias. He looks happy but aren't we also all chuffed at winning the flag. Every Pie player looks so happy this preseason.

View attachment 1854787View attachment 1854789View attachment 1854790View attachment 1854791View attachment 1854795
... because his gf is an author & a presenter/producer at triple j

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back