Streaming Dark Matter

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope that was the end but I have my doubts based on the Ryan/Amanda bit at the end. No doubt they'll smash out a second series and take a big crap on what could have been a nice little story.

I wonder if the book ends the same way.
Yes the book ends pretty much the same way with Charlie leading the way through the door into the new world we don’t see. The book doesn’t have the Ryan and Amanda short scenes.

The bloke who wrote the book also wrote the screenplay for this tv series. He hasn’t written a follow up book but has “ideas”.

So, it looks doubtful that a second series will happen, certainly not for a fair while at least, but it looks like the Amanda/Ryan scenes were added to leave the door open.

It probably all depends on how popular this show has been. I have no idea but obviously from Reddit interest it must have a decent audience.

Not a bad TV show in the end. Good concept but not well executed. The shifts, the jumps and the additional Jason's made it hard to follow with who was actually who. Maybe a less darker tone (or shot in actual sunlight) may help quickly identify character physical nuances.

Now that I've finished, I must say I'm incredibly underwhelmed. I felt like the whole thing was just a bit of a teaser for this and that. It's no Sliders and the ending was pretty average. Having the blind ending was terrible. I wanted to see their imagination come alive. I'm usually slow to work out plots to movies but this one was painfully obvious. While I did miss the copying part it was obvious that Jason 1 wanted to experience so much more in life because he had abandoned that part of it and in the end realized the Jason's life he tried to steal was so much more deserving of it than him.

It's made me want to go and watch every episode of Sliders or something else along those lines but in the end I'd rate it about a 6/10. Some scenes got me really interested but I felt like there was so much unexplained and undiscovered and some of the characters felt like they were thrown in without any real purpose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just finished this and I loved it! Maybe the best season I’ve seen this year. Had been taking it slowly as it leaves a lot to stew on and the last two eps upon his homeworld return are very intense (the Jason chatroom was enjoyably nutty). Had me thinking on AI families in a simulated reality and this versioning creep occurring, also all the separately characterised persona impressions and interactions our footprint leaves behind. Even the species at large with its various ethnic and cultural offshoots. Probably helps that I’m a preexisting big fan of Joel/Jen/Jimmi/Alice and I’ve never been very into the recent multiverse trend so it could feel fresh if it connected with me. Reminded me of classics like Seconds and World on a Wire, has a classic noirish mindbend philosophy to it, and Joel’s performance is overall spectacular. Would’ve worked as a completed mini, but being a typical ambiguous wait’n’see ATV+ I can see further potential, the main fam might need to be benched a bit for S2 though, lean more into exploring the support cast in box land and their own drives.

Loved how the final image was the empty box corridor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Streaming Dark Matter

Remove this Banner Ad

Back