Darren Lehmann - flog

Remove this Banner Ad

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Lehmann has come out and slammed KP on twitter last night (since deleted the post it seems). Yet another example of the guy carrying a personal grudge from years back. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-...ays-pietersen-after-stars-elimination/8210166

Really getting the sense this guy is actually a complete flog. This is on the back of saying he didn't respect someone's opinion because they hadn't played at the highest level... we have papered over the problem with the team with a few cheapie wins against Pakistan but i'm not sold.

Beginning to think this bloke is drinking his own bath water.

He was a great player but the redbacks moved him on after his retirement as an agitator (we don't like agitators in SA)

i used to think he was some kind of lovable fat guy who didn't take himself too seriously. Since has become coach his true colors seem to be appearing.

plus he wasn't actually that good - he clearly thinks he was a great player.

Sure KP failed last night, but he made runs right throughout the BBL and had it not been for him I reckon we would have finished stone motherless last. Boof needs to worry about how he's going to get a series win in NZ and India, and not concern himself with trivial crap like this.

He's correct about KP.

When a player takes up such a large chunk of the salary cap you miss out on other players and the team struggles more. Same reason why Chris Gayle's BBL teams have never had any success.

He should have expressed in better terms or not at all though

Sure KP failed last night, but he made runs right throughout the BBL and had it not been for him I reckon we would have finished stone motherless last. Boof needs to worry about how he's going to get a series win in NZ and India, and not concern himself with trivial crap like this.

True but he does have a point.

A cheaper version in say Ian Bell would have allowed you to get better depth.

He's correct about KP.

When a player takes up such a large chunk of the salary cap you miss out on other players and the team struggles more. Same reason why Chris Gayle's BBL teams have never had any success.

He should have expressed in better terms or not at all though
It was pretty immature from a bloke in his 40s coaching the national team. I'm starting to be a bit over the guy, if we totally get clean swept over in India he should be under some pressure.

It was pretty immature from a bloke in his 40s coaching the national team. I'm starting to be a bit over the guy, if we totally get clean swept over in India he should be under some pressure.

We could have John Buchannon, Steve Waugh as coach but if we play spuds like MMarsh, etc we won't be winning anyway!

Certainly comes off as one. Never understood this aura about him being a gun coach either, the only good series we've had was beating England 5-0. We've still been garbage in the subcontinent and England, don't really count the wins in SA as even under Nielsen we won over there.

i used to think he was some kind of lovable fat guy who didn't take himself too seriously. Since has become coach his true colors seem to be appearing.

I think his record overall says he that was a very good player at all levels.
KP dishes it out ok, so he should learn to cop a bit back, I don't think Boof is notorious as a Twitter sledger is he? I agree with what he said.

He was a brilliant player.

We can't criticize the international talent playing in our domestic competition. We need to be able to attract the best even if this particular recruit hasn't lit the world on fire.

He's correct about KP.

KP made the majority of the runs for the team though, his cost isn't exactly insane. Not like Gayle. alot of his cost involves media etc.

Lehmann clearly has a massive issue with KP. KP isn't called "the ego" for nothing but by the same token Lehmann is supposed to be the coach not yobbo in the outer.

He was a brilliant player.

We can't criticize the international talent playing in our domestic competition. We need to be able to attract the best even if this particular recruit hasn't lit the world on fire.

The international talent is also miles ahead of any other talent in our competition too, it is what makes it watchable really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't look deleted to me.

"@KP24 @tensporttv @BBL time for stars to move KP on ,spent to much money on him and didn’t win. Don’t want to listen to his excuses anymore."

It's the misspelling of too as "to" that elevates it into premo Twitterflog territory for me.

Lehmann's a floggo whether you agree with his sentiment or not.

Pretender to Justin Langer's throne.

The international talent is also miles ahead of any other talent in our competition too, it is what makes it watchable really.
And its also what's wrong with it. If the timing/scheduling was better, we could see our own home grown stars compete. Not mercenaries who travel the globe topping up there retirement funds.

Also has to be pointed out that Lehmann is absolutely correct about Geeves' articles not being worth the paper that they're printed on (even when you consider that they're electronic access).

Bigfooty Tier "we should select Tim Paine for India" opinions plus the bitter articles about that one time Michael Clarke didn't say hello to him on the street.

Also has to be pointed out that Lehmann is absolutely correct about Geeves' articles not being worth the paper that they're printed on (even when you consider that they're electronic access).

Bigfooty Tier "we should select Tim Paine for India" opinions plus the bitter articles about that one time Michael Clarke didn't say hello to him on the street.

play the ball not the man. If the article was shit then say it was shit. Dont' say you didn't read it because he didn't play test cricket. That makes you sound like a flog.

Remove this Banner Ad

Darren Lehmann - flog

Remove this Banner Ad

Back