Injury Dean Gore ACL

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats horrendous..

And to think too the he left "home" to come back here as his best chance to get another shot at AFL...

I hope the club takes care of him - im not sure if he was VFL listed for us or not.... I dont know how all that works - AFL list is one thing (the 46 i mean) but outside that you'd hope he gets looked after.

And thanks K rock Football for the links

GO Catters

Yeah, the poor guy. Sadly for him, he doesnt have menzel pre injury talent. Dont think we'll hold him. Hope Im proved wrong

He is not a Geelong AFL/Rookie listed player anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Dean Gore still training with the Geelong VFL team?

I was at the Melbourne Renegades womens match at Geelong on 16 December - before the women's match there was a warm up intra club match by the Renegades mens team.

During the latter parts of that match, a group (3 or 4) of younger guys in casual/gym gear walked around near me before jumping the fence to sit on the grass with the fence to lean back against - one of the guys was Dean Gore, I was trying to see if I recognised any of the others, but they may have been mates or VFL squad members, and they had just finished a training/gym session at the club.

This sounds promising:

FORMER AFL-listed midfielder Dean Gore is ready to return in Geelong’s VFL this season after successful recovering from a knee reconstruction.

The former Geelong third-round pick, who was traded to Adelaide as part of the Patrick Dangerfield deal before being delisted at the end of 2017 without playing a game, joined the Cats’ VFL program last year before suffering an ACL tear that saw him miss the season.

Gore has not only played in two trial games against St Mary’s and St Joseph’s for the Cats, but has also been prominent in AFL match-simulation training, helping to boost the Cats’ AFL pre-season numbers on the track.

“ ‘Gorey’ is going really well — he’s come into a couple of AFL sessions as well and did some match-play with them,” VFL coach Shane O’Bree said.

Rest of article here: https://outline.com/DDzJVE

Think we can safely assume that Dean's been doing all the right things since his return to the club - even how he's handled his return from the pesky ACL injury

Remove this Banner Ad

Back