List Mgmt. Death Ride 2021: Collingwood First Round Pick is ours!

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh Gibcus for needs but Finn Callaghan on talent you’d say.
Josh Rachele would be a good get at your second pick.
That's how I'd see it ... but no guarantee Adrian Caruso sees it the same way.

I wouldn't be surprised if Norths just call Horne-Francis as #1..

We'll see what we do, but both Darcy & Daicos would fit needs for us, so I would not be surprised if we bid on one or the other or both - but I also wouldn't be surprised if we only bid on of them.

I would expect Finn Callaghan be called out as the ''best available'', but equally would not be surprised if with the lack of Victorian footy they just called Josh Gibcus as a need (and he'll be gone pretty soon after our pick if we don't).

If we go Callaghan first, then Mac Andrew could be an option with our own pick. If we go Gibcus, though, I don't see we'd go Andrew at all, and Josh Rachele as a small forward who could move into the midfield. Another thought would be Jye Amiss, the WA KPF.

This year being pretty even and less footy, there's plenty of options for clubs to satisfy their needs and feel that they've won the draft.

Remember all the talk that Kelly would see that the Giants were on the way down and LolNorf were on the way up.

There was zero reason to tank yesterday. Wouldn’t of effected their position, though hurt the crows by 2 spots, yet they couldn’t put in a win against, at the time, second last.
Because you're being so kind we'll be equally nice and take JHF!

Because you're being so kind we'll be equally nice and take JHF!
Took me a while to figure out that you meant Horne who Im still getting used to being Horne-Francis.

He'll be a ripper. Im hoping you guys go somewhere else and we can nab him.

Took me a while to figure out that you meant Horne who Im still getting used to being Horne-Francis.

He'll be a ripper. Im hoping you guys go somewhere else and we can nab him.
Interestingly we actually really need someone like Gibcus more (we have key position holes everywhere) but you just can't pass up a talent like Horne-Francis.

Interestingly we actually really need someone like Gibcus more (we have key position holes everywhere) but you just can't pass up a talent like Horne-Francis.
I reckon we'd be happy if you went Gibcus and we got Horne-Francis

That's how I'd see it ... but no guarantee Adrian Caruso sees it the same way.

I wouldn't be surprised if Norths just call Horne-Francis as #1..

We'll see what we do, but both Darcy & Daicos would fit needs for us, so I would not be surprised if we bid on one or the other or both - but I also wouldn't be surprised if we only bid on of them.

I would expect Finn Callaghan be called out as the ''best available'', but equally would not be surprised if with the lack of Victorian footy they just called Josh Gibcus as a need (and he'll be gone pretty soon after our pick if we don't).

If we go Callaghan first, then Mac Andrew could be an option with our own pick. If we go Gibcus, though, I don't see we'd go Andrew at all, and Josh Rachele as a small forward who could move into the midfield. Another thought would be Jye Amiss, the WA KPF.

This year being pretty even and less footy, there's plenty of options for clubs to satisfy their needs and feel that they've won the draft.
Can't see the lack of footy being a problem for Callaghan consiering Bruhn hadn't played for about 2 years before being drafted, seems like their comfortable taking a chance on guys that had high levels of success despite limited games

Can't see the lack of footy being a problem for Callaghan considering Bruhn hadn't played for about 2 years before being drafted, seems like their comfortable taking a chance on guys that had high levels of success despite limited games
Bruhn was assessed on some really strong underage form before his injury. This year's draftees have been ****ed around for footy for 2 years - yes there's been some but stop-start, so perhaps there's a little less evidence than what they were happy with in regards Tanner. I'm just postulating that it may just come into play in respect of how they assess ''best available'' if that's different to a ''needs based'' consideration.

i.e. Finn may be broadly seen as ''best available'' but lacking evidence; if they strongly want a KPD, they might just elect to go Josh Gibcus. Or, indeed, they might go the direct opposite of that and think there's more upside to a guy who's had limited inside opportunities.

Bruhn was assessed on some really strong underage form before his injury. This year's draftees have been f’ed around for footy for 2 years - yes there's been some but stop-start, so perhaps there's a little less evidence than what they were happy with in regards Tanner. I'm just postulating that it may just come into play in respect of how they assess ''best available'' if that's different to a ''needs based'' consideration.

i.e. Finn may be broadly seen as ''best available'' but lacking evidence; if they strongly want a KPD, they might just elect to go Josh Gibcus. Or, indeed, they might go the direct opposite of that and think there's more upside to a guy who's had limited inside opportunities.
That's a fair point

Remove this Banner Ad

Back