Review Dees in hell to the tune of 50!

Remove this Banner Ad

Because he had already kicked the goal

Should be a free kick at the centre bounce
Nope it's a free where the infringement occured if it's in the forward half- see the Clark dissent call.

I believe the issue is if an offence is committed prior to the umpire giving the all clear call all that can be done is giving the goal.

Is BF less popular these days? I remember when wins like this would have 25 pages by now :D

Kinda feels like we did what we and the general footy public expected us to do. And for that, we are happy but not enough to post.

Def agree there's more posts when we lose ones we shouldn't, and win ones we aren't expected to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amiss should have hit a second shot from the goal square after thug may tried to lay him out after the kick.
I'm pretty sure that an umpire can only pay a free kick like that after a goal has been signalled. So even though Amiss had already kicked the goal he hadn't been paid the goal when May pushed him. The decision was technically correct.

This is why I find the criticism of Freddie on his thread misguided.

Yes he's not a high possession winner, and yes he doesn't get many tackles, but he provides a spark that I think we are noticeably lacking when he doesn't play.

I agree he needs to be stronger in the tackle when he gets the chance, but I disagree with judging him on possessions. If you start incentivising every player to be judged on possessions you end up with everyone hunting the ball, no one holding their width, no one committing to unrewarded running, and the team ends up being less than the sum of it's parts.
I wish I could remain positive with Freddy but in all honesty, if he was playing for another team, you would be “he is a meh” player. Definitely has the ability but this year has been bog average at best. One of our bottom 4

Look, it was fun at the game, although I have a pending hangover from awful stadium beer (and Dutch Trading Co either side of game; it’s a bloody crime that place is shutting down).

However, it was disconcerting how much the game resembled minimally-opposed whole field drills at late preseason training.
Were Melbourne really considered a top 8 contender this season?!!

Look, it was fun at the game, although I have a pending hangover from awful stadium beer (and Dutch Trading Co either side of game; it’s a bloody crime that place is shutting down).

However, it was disconcerting how much the game resembled minimally-opposed whole field drills at late preseason training.
Were Melbourne really considered a top 8 contender this season?!!
They were, but without Gawn and Trac they don’t look anywhere near it at the moment. They rely heavily on Gawn giving them first use of the ball and have no back up plan when he’s out.

I still think we waste too many scoring opportunities.

That was a 7/10 performance at best. If I was JLo I'd be demanding more of a Billy Butcher campaignerness from my forwards.

14-0 in clearances in first quarter and we only managed 3 goals.

I agree to some point.

That said I do feel we’re getting great looks and often just missed another option wide open.

Also, correct me if I’m wrong but was that the first time we’ve had Walker, Wagner and Clark in same side? We had endless run out from back half today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

14-0 in clearances in first quarter and we only managed 3 goals.

I agree to some point.

That said I do feel we’re getting great looks and often just missed another option wide open.

Also, correct me if I’m wrong but was that the first time we’ve had Walker, Wagner and Clark in same side? We had endless run out from back half today.
first time that has happened since 1995 (since a team had 0 clearances in the first quarter)

100% we can win the flag this year

We're good enough if we can eradicate the bad quarter we seem to play every week. We don't have to dominate all 4 but we can't get pantsed around the ball like we did in the 3rd. Had a quarter like that in many of our wins.

We're good enough if we can eradicate the bad quarter we seem to play every week. We don't have to dominate all 4 but we can't get pantsed around the ball like we did in the 3rd. Had a quarter like that in many of our wins.
think we crumbled a little bit when Pearce went off

They were, but without Gawn and Trac they don’t look anywhere near it at the moment. They rely heavily on Gawn giving them first use of the ball and have no back up plan when he’s out.
There’s a small tick, they actually had good stoppage work last week predicting draper’s hit zones and playing Rivers loose there

There’s a small tick, they actually had good stoppage work last week predicting draper’s hit zones and playing Rivers loose there
That's because Draper is an idiot and Darcy is 10 times the player he is. His taps today were unreal and they had absolutely no hope of sharking it.

I dont know who their 2nd ruck is on the list but you really can not go against Darcy/Jackson without an actual ruck and hope to compete. It's hard enough for teams to compete against them with actual rucks, no rucks is just askin to get a paddlin.

That's because Draper is an idiot and Darcy is 10 times the player he is. His taps today were unreal and they had absolutely no hope of sharking it.

I dont know who their 2nd ruck is on the list but you really can not go against Darcy/Jackson without an actual ruck and hope to compete. It's hard enough for teams to compete against them with actual rucks, no rucks is just askin to get a paddlin.
Yeah, not saying it was much but they weren’t complete bunnies in the middle last week sans Gawn & Trac

Goodwin wasn't particularly glowing of Fullerton in his presser. Basically said he was ****.

Go up against Freo without an actual ruckman?
the simpsons paddle GIF

I think our best is good enough to win the flag. Some of the football we played in that first qtr was scintillating.

But I doubt we are old enough and battle-hardened enough to bring our best for 4 weeks straight in the heat of finals. You never know, but I think it might be a year too early for us, which is a shame considering how open the comp is this year.

If we finish top 4, we only need to bring our best for 2 weeks straight. Win week one, get a rest that will benefit sonny and fyfe then win 2 weeks in a row!!! Come on!!!!

Don’t think the criticism of Walker is very fair , couple of brain farts as usual but kept the very dangerous Kossie Picket under lock and key all game

Sharp vs Action Ed battle was good to watch from the top level boy they covered some ground at a crazy clip

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
I didn't even know Pickett was playing till I read this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dees in hell to the tune of 50!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back