Review Dees v Carlton: the Good, the Bad and the Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

The Fugliest: Having to get off the train 1/4 of the way because that food poisoning you thought you had under control....you dont.
Noone can deny that we wouldn't die for the club, we already are!

TMac summing up today:

trim_9C33E0EC-2273-461A-8AD4-E77E8F23A827.gif

Good:
  • Jeffy, Salem, Jetta, Clarry
  • Top 4 somehow
  • played like a bag of dicks and still won

Ugly:
  • the game - Carlton's flooding and slingshotting gamestyle, we could not cope with it at all
  • complacency and drinking our own bathwater yet again after a good win
  • played nothing like we did last week, maybe credit to Carlton on that but this dinky short kicking and overpossession are a recipe for disaster. I don't want to see that ever again
  • Hogans.. smh - we'll see how he goes at the MRP

Special mention ugly:
Melksham you pleb

I'm glad to win another game that we shouldn't have, similar to against Gold Coast last year.

I'm not happy we put ourselves in this position though.

Didn't really tune into the game until after half time. Sounds like it was a scrappy match (might be an understatement). Was listening on the radio on the way back to my hotel room, sounded like marchbank was playing for the dees at one point. Anyway I'm going with the cliche we were challenge but got the job done which is a positive. I think in this comp anything is possible on the day, and I don't think Carlton are that bad, and I like Bolton as a coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good:
- Salem's start;
- Gartlett's chasedown and goal, and contested mark and goal. 2 key goals from almost nothing, at crucial times
- Oliver;
- managed to win against the tide.

Bad:
- 1st quarter domination without greater scoreboard impact
- 3rd quarter
- Hogan - did he mark anything today? Was garbage, and bad miss in front when a goal was desperately needed.
- Tyson - a lot of possessions, but a lot slow/ineffective.

Fugly:
- Melksham. What did the recruiters see in this muppet?

Melksham is the worst player on our list. All he has is dash, and we don't even play him on a wing. An absolute disgrace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THE GOOD
-Garlett. Somehow became our main full forward. He made it work.
-Oliver and Salem. Killed it
-Jonsey's onfield leadership on the last
-OMac and Weideman didn't look like passengers, contributed well today

THE BAD
-Lewis wasn't his best
-Tyson just hacking it out of the middle to no one
-Melksham and Gus were poor

THE FUGLY
-Hogan had probably his worst career game for us
-out-coached for about 3/5ths of the game
-3rd quarter

Good 4 points, Salem, Jeff, Oliver, Weed to some extent, Trucky

Some Meh in the middle

Bad, we largely played lots of the game like dickheads.

LOL - the text recognition in my phone auto completes for SMS and if I type d r o p it goes ahead and inserts Melksham

Good:

Clayton, Jetta, Salem, Weideman, Jones, Garlett
Lewis in the last quarter

Bad: Hogan
Short kicks under pressure
Inside 50 entries

Ugly:
Melksham
Tyson, you'd struggle to find a worse 30+ possession game

The good

We ground it out. Credit to Carlton they pressured for three and a bit qtrs.
Jetta, Jeffy and Salem were great
Watts had a little purple patch when we really needed someone to stand up despite him being less than good for the most part

The Bad
Over use of the ball
Some of the younger ones really didn't back up from last week
What is it with some of our guys when they miss a bit of footy and we bring them back in? Harmes was quiet except for a little window and Tyson was very patchy.

The ugly
I don't know if I'm overreacting but Melksham was ugly today. Not bad, ugly. He stands on the outside as a back man ready for a receive. He should have assessed up the ground and have a target ready and under little pressure hit a target more times than not yet we saw very little except turn overs under little pressure. This is on the back of last week where he was in the bottom quarter of our players.

Honourable mention to my melts... I deliberately stayed of here and concentrated on just watching the game for the last quarter cos fair dinkum I was losing it

Here's to next week

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dees v Carlton: the Good, the Bad and the Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back