Review Dees v Carlton: the Good, the Bad and the Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

The Good

We won against a side which was clearly up for the fight.

I cannot remember any glaring mistakes from the McDonald brothers.

Tyson and Watts were superb in the last.

Clarry is a genius. Sign him to a 10 year contract now.

That is surely Salem’s best game in his career.

Jeffy, Jeffy, Jeffy!!!!!!!!!!!

The bad

Hogan sooked it a bit today but I thought he really competed in the last quarter.

Viney and Brayshaw were ordinary at best

The fugly.

Send our friend back to Essendon. FFS what a shocker!!!!

The good: The boys kept me puckered up all game long
The bad: The boys kept me puckered up all game long
The Ugly: See earlier post and add the way home too.
Horrible game of footy, bank the win and let me never speak of these events again.

The good: The boys kept me puckered up all game long
The bad: The boys kept me puckered up all game long
The Ugly: See earlier post and add the way home too.
Horrible game of footy, bank the win and let me never speak of these events again.
Who needs Gastrostop when you have the MFC...

Without being (too) arrogant have to say there was a lot about Carlton's performance today that reminded me of us circa the last decade. Seemingly dragged a better side down to their level, showed some real fight but then just didn't have the polish/composure to actually finish it off.

There was one turnover (yes, I know, but I don't know (m)any of their players so you'll just have to imagine which one it was for yourself) in the last where they had momentum and a free player in the middle and the kick was an absolute scrubber and they just gave it straight back to us. I felt the pain of the Blues fans around me who simultaneously died inside.

Well done on the win today. Bolts coached well but you guys stood up in the last and settled it.

I must say first time I saw Oliver in the flesh and he is a deadset ripper! I can see what all the hype is about. Wow!

You're right, it was a good coaching battle. Many times today your players just outworked ours and had a really nice looking defensive set up that we couldn't get through. Love the Blues kids too, Cripps is a ripper and Weitering is a gun.

Why are we so down on us today? Four points was the biggest thing. Geelong will turn up to play, and we'll have more of a chance to play our own style.

I don't know how good Geelong really are right now. Didn't get out of second gear last week and barely scraped by today with Danger having to go nuts to save them.

Plus Max will eat Smith and Stanley for breakfast. Kreuzer had a damn good game today.
And we have freo the week after. Geez Ross had us all fooled with falling into the trap of believing that they are an average side... they are absolutely shithouse.

You're right, it was a good coaching battle. Many times today your players just outworked ours and had a really nice looking defensive set up that we couldn't get through. Love the Blues kids too, Cripps is a ripper and Weitering is a gun.

I thought we were wearing them down pretty well. Docherty's hands are probably covered in blisters from all those hopeful long punts.

sure you always want to belt bad sides but sometimes they play pretty well and that was Carlton today. I'm not too upset about the tightness of the game, we competed well. Anyway you don't win flags by smashing bottom 2 sides, you win them by outclassing sides like St Kilda that you'll be competing with for a spot in finals.

Must have hurt Carlton fans seeing Jeffy kick the sealer. He's a damn good player but only half the player Betts is, and Mick let them both go for nothing. Bolton seems like a good bloke, a good coach and tactician but hiring Malthouse has set them back years. He almost ****ed Carlton as much as Neeld ****ed us.

Without being (too) arrogant have to say there was a lot about Carlton's performance today that reminded me of us circa the last decade. Seemingly dragged a better side down to their level, showed some real fight but then just didn't have the polish/composure to actually finish it off.

There was one turnover (yes, I know, but I don't know (m)any of their players so you'll just have to imagine which one it was for yourself) in the last where they had momentum and a free player in the middle and the kick was an absolute scrubber and they just gave it straight back to us. I felt the pain of the Blues fans around me who simultaneously died inside.
Funnily enough I reckon that play was captain Murphy. He played a blinder today and shanked it at the worst possible wrong time, actually felt bad for him at that moment.

For me I cant get enough of Olivers game, works hard, tackles well and always makes good decisions. Crazy how high this kids ceiling is. Salem also played his best game, was probably our best against Geelong last year so hoping he can back it up next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good- Neville Jetta! Great game. Jeffy Garlett Great game.

Bad- Our entry into the forward 50 with the short lead up kicks..... Jeez it was bowel inducing sometimes.

Fugly- Channel 7 commentary team. If i wanted to listen to inane mindless drivel I would head on down to the nursing home, and strike up a conversation with the dementia ward's finest. Leigh 'I'm old and know about things' Matthews special comments are just that SPECIAL. Hamish 'I'm as entaining as a kid eating CLAG' McLoughlan is vanilla bland. Brian 'I bottle my own bath water' Taylor cannot follow the game or get peoples names right.
I would rather the bruswick st performing arts group do an interpretive dance of the on field action. They are shit.

As an aside, Christ we missed Bernie today. Really hurt us not having him there.

Also, I understand what Hawthorn people say when they talk about Lewis refusing to run both ways sometimes, he really got burnt a couple of times today.

We were poor, lacked the same intensity as a team as v the Saints - but good to get a win!

Think Oliver and Jetta were probably the only two genuine 4 qtr players in terms of consistency, Salem and Jones close.

Watts and Tyson got going in the last, Jeffy won a 1 v 1 contest!!!!

Harmes, ANB, Hannan, Melksham, Lewis, Viney were all poor - Trac was poor with ball but he made up for it with is ability to halve contests.

Carlton set up very well behind the ball, but we didnt seem to adjust.

I thought exactly the same thing just after the game.. they are playing a game style very similar to the one roosy brought to us of getting numbers back for scoreboard protection and trying to turn it into a real scrap.. it's one of those things of just trying to stay in the game as long as possible and then hoping when the time comes to win it you can..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dees v Carlton: the Good, the Bad and the Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back