Review Dees v Carlton: the Good, the Bad and the Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Can the clowns from other clubs jog on? Of course we aren't happy with Hogan and Lewis. Spew your fake outrage on the main board if it so compels you to make a comment on an online forum.

Cripps has a fractured jaw.... happy now.
Cowards punch by Lewis
Obviously not mate. Apparently the whole incident wasn't on camera so was only judging on what I saw. There is no way the footage shown of Lewis on Cripps had the impact to fracture a jaw and warrant 3 weeks. If something happened beforehand he probably does deserve that

Cripps has a fractured jaw.... happy now.
Cowards punch by Lewis

Its not a cowards punch when a guy is in your face...

Those saying he hit him from behind are full of shit. Was Viney that bumped him from behind

Cripps got up smiling so I don't see how the force of that hit was supposed to break his jaw. It looks like the MRP are going to continue their vendetta against Lewis.

How Watts, Tyson & Harmes can be getting in peoples Best lists astounds me.

Tyson butchered the ball, was far too slow to make a decision and then took the wrong one almost three quarters of the time.

Watts was a liability with the ball for the majority of the game and was his usual self off the ball, which is to say bloody useless. Jogging around in no-mans land pointing fingers at other players and pulling up to 3/4 pace EVERY time he could have put pressure on the ball carrier. The only times he was ANY good was very early and very late in the game, which in absolutely no coincidence was when there was little-to-no perceived pressure.
Edit: And then to be feted as a hero by the members bay behind the dugouts after a game in which he didn't do enough, yet again, really does my head in.

I dont think these guys were the only ones to single out.

Plenty of good players in our team played very poorly for parts of the game.

Both played important roles in our 4th quarter and seemed switched on then.

I dont think these guys were the only ones to single out.

Plenty of good players in our team played very poorly for parts of the game.

Both played important roles in our 4th quarter and seemed switched on then.
You're right, but those other blokes you're talking about weren't being put in our list of best players... which was the entire point of the post you're replying to.

Edit: And I addressed the turn up in the second half of the fourth quarter in that post btw.

You're right, but those other blokes you're talking about weren't being put in our list of best players... which was the entire point of the post you're replying to.

Edit: And I addressed the turn up in the second half of the fourth quarter in that post btw.

Some were, Lewis, Viney for example.

Both were poor at stages, even from a contest point of view.

Anyway, I don't disagree - but we only really had three blokes that were consistent all game, Jetta, Oliver and Jones.

The rest had some pretty poor moments.

Obviously not mate. Apparently the whole incident wasn't on camera so was only judging on what I saw. There is no way the footage shown of Lewis on Cripps had the impact to fracture a jaw and warrant 3 weeks. If something happened beforehand he probably does deserve that
Well it did.
A lot of you Melb supporters seem to think it's a badge of honour that one of your players took a cheap shot.
Not what I'd expect from you...Pies or ******** fans yes.
Maybe watch the footage again.
That's the sort of shot you see on King St at 4am....doesn't take much to cause serious injury.
But yeah it's all good, defend your man, it's only footy.

Well it did.
A lot of you Melb supporters seem to think it's a badge of honour that one of your players took a cheap shot.
That's the sort of shot you see on King St at 4am....doesn't take much to cause serious injury.
Mate I'm not sure what sort of intellectual discourse you're expecting here... the board has certain threads marked as "Opposition supporters welcome".
You'll notice this isn't one of them.

As a result I (and I suggest the majority of regular posters here) couldn't give a toss what you think.
I'm actually surprised you haven't been banned for your continued shitposting.

Also, as an aside, it's hardly a cheap shot if two blokes are squared up and shoving each other.

But again, and I want you to understand how seriously I mean this, go away.
And take the rest of your supporters with you, we're not interested in your opinions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is one of the worst things I've read on this site. Whether you are joking or not that's just distasteful and a shit thing to say.
Clearly obvious you haven't spent much time on this site

Mate I'm not sure what sort of intellectual discourse you're expecting here... the board has certain threads marked as "Opposition supporters welcome".

As a result I (and I suggest the majority of regular posters here) couldn't give a toss what you think.

Also, as an aside, it's hardly a cheap shot if two blokes are squared up and shoving each other.

And take the rest of your supporters with you, we're not interested in your opinions.

You got kids pal?
Let's hope they're never on the end of a cheap shot hey!!!
:thumbsdown:

Lewis was too soft if anything

there is a fine line between coolaid and yellow snow... eitherway you just want to be left to consume it in peace... i get it... there is no real reason for opposition supporter to come by here and stick there nose in.

... good contest this week, good luck with Geelong next week!

there is a fine line between coolaid and yellow snow... eitherway you just want to be left to consume it in peace... i get it... there is no real reason for opposition supporter to come by here and stick there nose in.

... good contest this week, good luck with Geelong next week!
The responses are exaggerated for effect when opposition supporters put their two cents in.
Pretty normal and pretty regular across all the sports boards I frequent.

In conversations with my family I have said at great length about how stupid what Hogan did was (Trac was lining up for goal FFS let alone what's already been said here).
But tell us Hogan's a thug on the MFC forum, in a thread for MFC supporters to discuss the game, and honestly what do you expect?

You got kids pal?
Let's hope they're never on the end of a cheap shot hey!!!
:thumbsdown:

Cheap shots are pretty rare these days. Pubs and clubs are charging a small fortune for booze.

Wouldn't think that's got anything to do with it. Wishing someone got killed? Joking or not that's too far for mine. But hey, your board you do as you please
Because no one actually want's him killed, it's just a little harmless jab. Everyone can see that it's not serious and comments like that occur all the time on bigfooty, but you read it seriously, get riled up and get sucked in

Well it did.
Don't recall saying I codone that anywhere or consider it 'a badge of honour' for Lewis. It doesn't take much to cause serious injury and as I said if Lewis did indeed break his jaw he deserves the weeks. Also I did watch the footage again and everyone calling it a king hit is wrong. They squared up and threw two each - Lewis's last one was high and caused a serious injury - hence the weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dees v Carlton: the Good, the Bad and the Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back