Review Dees V Lions: the Bad, Fugly and Abominable

Remove this Banner Ad

Standard. AFL reporters are useless.
All of em too scared to ask questions since the days of Malthouse and Lyon ripping into them. Pathetic group now.

Soy boys the lot of them.
Coaches always keep the whole schtick of 'oh you think you know better than me' in their back pocket when they're actually challenged. Journos just need to back themselves in and say 'yes I do'.

You want a formidable forward line, play Koz, JVR, and Jefferson (yes, that guy that we have developed who actually needs a chance) full forward. Not ****ing defenders.
Not sold on Jefferson at all. But with the season looking over now, he might get his chance sooner rather than later with Goofy happy to hand out some debuts this season. The positive tonight i guess is that Petty at least got some touch. Looked ok against the Kangas as well. Should have had 2 or 3 goals tonight. But his misses are proving very costly. Thought we went in way too tall against the Lions but overall it performed pretty well against a formidable attack at their home. Not sure what to do with Petty though. I think most of us want him in the backline now.

Also, Sparrow was putrid again. He's so sloppy.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Viney is sloppy as well but had a major impact on the game. Oliver the same. Can't afford to have three of them all going through the midfield. Just didn't notice him (again). AMW and Tholstrup have played 4 games between them and are already noticeable. Kynan Brown probably would be as well if he actually got some minutes.

Not sold on Jefferson at all. But with the season looking over now, he might get his chance sooner rather than later with Goofy happy to hand out some debuts this season. The positive tonight i guess is that Petty at least got some touch. Looked ok against the Kangas as well. Should have had 2 or 3 goals tonight. But his misses are proving very costly. Thought we went in way too tall against the Lions but overall it performed pretty well against a formidable attack at their home. Not sure what to do with Petty though. I think most of us want him in the backline now.
Backline or dropped. He is not a forward. Been saying it since day 1.

Viney is sloppy as well but had a major impact on the game. Oliver the same. Can't afford to have three of them all going through the midfield. Just didn't notice him (again). AMW and Tholstrup have played 4 games between them and are already noticeable. Kynan Brown probably would be as well if he actually got some minutes.
I'd love just one reporter after a game to ask Goofy just wtf Sparrow does? Maybe he's playing an important negating role most weeks that we don't notice? But he consistently just gets the mid teens in touches and has zero impact. At least offensively. Barely kicks a goal. Doesn't get enough touches to be a problem for the opposition. And hasn't got the high quality skills to impact. Tholstrup or Brown should be getting his minutes now.

Backline or dropped. He is not a forward. Been saying it since day 1.
Yeah. Maybe it's time. If Jeffe plays well this week, put Petty to defence and Jeffe into a forward role. We're not making finals now, so time to experiment a little and get some run in the kids legs.

Yeah. Maybe it's time. If Jeffe plays well this week, put Petty to defence and Jeffe into a forward role. We're not making finals now, so time to experiment a little and get some run in the kids legs.
Jefferson travelled with the team, so won't be playing at 1:00pm in Preston tomorrow.

Last seven games he's kicked 3.2, 1.1, 2.1, 5.3, 2.2, 0.1 and 4.0 though. Give him a go.

Nibbler.. literally just get it onto your foot ffs
Had a straight first option handball to Viney who was calling for it. Absolute stupidity from a smarter footballer, panicked in defence

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**** who cares we are ****ing awfullllllllllll
Nah, tonight was a fun watch for 90% of the game. Started to watch expecting a full on pumping. Yeah, can pull apart why we lost and some frustrating things etc, but the guys at least gave a good showing tonight. Actually enjoying seeing some fresh blood out there. Feels like we're the underdog again.

Had a straight first option handball to Viney who was calling for it. Absolute stupidity from a smarter footballer, panicked in defence
Deadset one of the dumbest things I've seen on a footy field by a leader. Can list a number of reasons why we lost, but this one stands out. Ridiculous. Shame too as he's been great all season, but that was unforgivable.

Nah, tonight was a fun watch for 90% of the game. Started to watch expecting a full on pumping. Yeah, can pull apart why we lost and some frustrating things etc, but the guys at least gave a good showing tonight. Actually enjoying seeing some fresh blood out there. Feels like we're the underdog again.

You're easily pleased and good for you.

You're easily pleased and good for you.
We're playing a defensive gameplan with a bunch of kids, minimal skilful players and a coach who's clearly a moron. I was expecting a 12 goal plus loss. So yeah, the first quarter was really solid pressure. Could see at least the effort. 2nd quarter was the best all year, half the third was OK. Then it started to fall apart. Thought overall, and so do most neutrals that it was a pretty good game of football. I know everyone is on the hate the MFC bandwagon, but despite the loss, I actually enjoyed most of the game and thought we really took it up to the Lions up there.

We're playing a defensive gameplan with a bunch of kids, minimal skilful players and a coach who's clearly a moron. I was expecting a 12 goal plus loss. So yeah, the first quarter was really solid pressure. Could see at least the effort. 2nd quarter was the best all year, half the third was OK. Then it started to fall apart. Thought overall, and so do most neutrals that it was a pretty good game of football. I know everyone is on the hate the MFC bandwagon, but despite the loss, I actually enjoyed most of the game and thought we really took it up to the Lions up there.
A team one kick from a premiership on their own turf

I get what you're saying - the result is the best we could have hoped for with the shit team we served up.

Yet also, the result is the worst we could have hoped for. Not bad enough to put actual pressure on the coaching staff but also not good enough to make an actual difference. Just another middling effort from a middling team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dees V Lions: the Bad, Fugly and Abominable

Remove this Banner Ad

Back