Review Dees v Swans - the Good, bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Totally with you. Used to get much more upset after a loss and would switch off footy for a few days, let it ruin my weekend etc. Maybe having a bub on the way has changed my perspective but I just don't care all that much.
Please do not take the Joel Smith approach to celebrating the arrival

But seriously tho, congrats. Hoping it all goes well for you and your family

Fair enough. I think we can agree on the fact that key people in leadership positions have their head so far up their own clackers that their breath reeks of large intestine.
Haha yeah I'm not saying it's supporters faults in anyway. Just that it's annoying how many still live under the illusion we are good. Can't help the way the higher ups think either

Wont happen but I’d love us to go through the whole list this year and find out who’s actually worth keeping on. We’ve got a scary amount of deadwood on it now IMO, I’d rather play more kids and cop some pain. Ironically it’d make me more supportive of Goody if we did this, even though it’d guarantee no finals.
without stirring the pot, but this is why many of us wanted to take pick 27 and 35 in the draft, so we could blood some kids. Nonetheless, I agree and I'd be down for playing Tholstrup all season. I don't mind losing round 1 but I don't rate Sydney.

without stirring the pot, but this is why many of us wanted to take pick 27 and 35 in the draft, so we could blood some kids. Nonetheless, I agree and I'd be down for playing Tholstrup all season. I don't mind losing round 1 but I don't rate Sydney.

Ashton Moir looked good for Carlton up forward snagging a few goals. He would’ve been there with our pick 27.

But yeah according to Lamb we didn’t rate anyone that low in the draft…rather focus on bringing in dudds like Mcadam who has had 3 injuries and no games since joining us.

I take alot of piss around us but this one im dead serious about
Ill never take back that finals series and that GF is a memory for all of us for the rest of our life but...

Winning the flag was the worst thing thats ever happened to us.
Ever since then we became high on our s**t, we became boring safe and stuck in 2021
Ive hardly enjoyed a game of footy from us since 2021, we were much better to watch in 2017/18 when we were s**t.
Theres this dumb arrogance that exists at our club that we are the best team in it, we just have to play our brand. Weve been ******* happy to be a 3rd-6th level team in the comp assuming it will come good and thats been fed into by the nuffy supporters around this joint aswell.

Worst part is this shouldnt be a shock, its been a slow painful drop off thats right infront of everyones face and yet 2 full years after the flag we still think we are hot s**t

The crazy thing is you've had the same style really for the last 3 years, but you could have easily won another flag in that time through sheer talent. The way you play is so system heavy but last year you guys arguably should have beaten Collingwood and definitely should have beaten Carlton. And personally I think you'll be top 4 again, but if you don't change your approach at all then that would be cause for change.

Steven May drunkenly boasting that he thinks Melbourne are so much better then Collingwood kind of feeds into what you're saying about the arrogance, but as a player it would be hard to argue when you look back at those losses and think "we beat ourselves"

Think im dead inside from watching this club play this type of football for the past 2 years. Its now a totally expected disappointment that leaves me very meh. Cant even bring myself to get mad.
It really is the most disappointing part. We won a flag for the first time in decades, and instead of taking it as a reason to be free and play without fear for a while, we went the complete opposite way.

Ashton Moir looked good for Carlton up forward snagging a few goals. He would’ve been there with our pick 27.

But yeah according to Lamb we didn’t rate anyone that low in the draft…rather focus on bringing in dudds like Mcadam who has had 3 injuries and no games since joining us.
yeah, I think we overpaid for mcadam. I don't think we gave enough attention to his long injury history.

Think im dead inside from watching this club play this type of football for the past 2 years. Its now a totally expected disappointment that leaves me very meh. Cant even bring myself to get mad.
Lol me either. It was just too damn predictable. Truth be told I wanted us to lose. We don't deserve shit playing like that

Fugly . Ball handling, field kicking , dropped marks etc . Final quarter fade out . Apart from wiping their phones clean , what did they do over summer ? Anyone watching us for the first time would put us bottom 4 after that display. Going to be a long season if they continue to serve up that standard of football.

Nope. That pick got pushed out beyond 30.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That game may as well have been written by ChatGPT. Gawn smashed by Grundy, shite skills, predictably bad ball movement going forward, 2.8 at halftime and the sleepy time where we don’t touch the ball for the first 10 minutes of the last.

Viney, Windsor and Howes get a pass but the rest of them were largely rotten.

I think what annoyed me the most of the fact that the game style is exactly the same as last year. Last night was no different to the Collingwood and Carlton game end of last year.

We haven't tinkered it one bit even after 2 years in a row where we've been shown up when it matters the most. Goody's stubbornness and unwillingness to change his method and style is why in my opinion it was a mistake in re-signing him.

I honestly think the players are completely stale with the current coaching group. Since 2020 we've made one forced coaching decision and that's obviously the Yze for McQualter. Other then that, we're stuck with the same boring voices who are so incredibly rigid with their own method and game plan.

I have zero care factor now when we lose. Unlike previous years where I'd feel a sense of hollow or flat. Last night I switched it off half way through the last barely bat an eyelid. I'm more excited, and far more invested interest in my sons auskick who's starting out for the first time this year.

I think what annoyed me the most of the fact that the game style is exactly the same as last year. Last night was no different to the Collingwood and Carlton game end of last year.

We haven't tinkered it one bit even after 2 years in a row where we've been shown up when it matters the most. Goody's stubbornness and unwillingness to change his method and style is why in my opinion it was a mistake in re-signing him.

I honestly think the players are completely stale with the current coaching group. Since 2020 we've made one forced coaching decision and that's obviously the Yze for McQualter. Other then that, we're stuck with the same boring voices who are so incredibly rigid with their own method and game plan.

I have zero care factor now when we lose. Unlike previous years where I'd feel a sense of hollow or flat. Last night I switched it off half way through the last barely bat an eyelid. I'm more excited, and far more invested interest in my sons auskick who's starting out for the first time this year.
The orange tsunamis coming brother

Good: Blakey was a delight to watch, he is a ripper!

Bad: Grundy ate Gawn's lunch

Fugly: Bowey injury, players are still panic merchants, same old 'brand' and 'DNA' that lost us 4 finals in a row

Still relying on the same olds to win games and when those same olds arent the same players this is what you get. When we had lost these sort of games in the past it was usually by 1-10 points last night was 22 points with Parker and Mills missing. All in all i think that was a fair representation of where we are at, ~ a 2 goal worse side than last year.

That game may as well have been written by ChatGPT. Gawn smashed by Grundy, shite skills, predictably bad ball movement going forward, 2.8 at halftime and the sleepy time where we don’t touch the ball for the first 10 minutes of the last.

Viney, Windsor and Howes get a pass but the rest of them were largely rotten.
Yep. Safe, boring, predictable. Disappointed in myself that I thought we'd win with a forwardline of Schache, Laurie, Chandler and Spargo with a ruckman coaching them. Rinse and repeat from the last 2 seasons, but without winning enough games to play finals. I don't think we can turnip around with who's in charge and with that horrid forwardline. Shame on those of us who had positive vibes after the practice game last week. Offseason from hell, so really shouldn't have been surprised. Just more shattered with how we played rather than the result tbh. Thought our idiot coach might have changed things up. Nope

Apart from money why would you want to play here as a KPF under Goodwin? Also the last thing we should be doing is spending money on one given we dont know how to use them. JVR is the new old Tom McDonald. You could put anyone in our KPF role and you'd get the same results.

If that was on a bigger ground I think we lose by closer to 36 points, the small ground saved us coz we got completely run off our feet.
Yeah ****ed part is the smaller ground should suit us. Imagine what Brisbane or gws do to us on a bigger ground

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dees v Swans - the Good, bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back