Delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Padrino

Rookie
Sep 20, 2003
Other Teams
Carlton
Its now come to that time of the year, who do you gus think will be axed from the squad?

I think there might be a further 6+ senior list players gone by the end of the week.

Whats everybody else's opinion? and who do you think wont be there next year?

I think we have to have a list of 40 this year plus rookies.

We had 37 plus rookies this year.
We have had four retirements (Martyn, Hickmott, Manton and Ratten) and McKay a further chance to retire = 32/33
We have added 7 in the trade period =39/40
We have lost 4 in the trade period = 35/36
We will want to lose 4 draft picks (PP + 60 + ? + ?) = 39/40
We will want to use 2 in the PSD (Stevens + ?) = 41/42
We will elevate 4 rookies IMO (Hedge, Stinear, Angwin, McCormick) = 45/46
That only leaves 5 to delist or 6 if Macca stays on.

The delisting candidates are:

Freeborn = hard at it, may be a Pagan project
Merrington = certainty
Eccles = certainty
Fletcher = will probably go
Campbell = youth is on his side
Mathews = ruck stocks are light, has a chance
Plunkett = certainty
Franchina = certainty

The four certainties leave us with 41 or 42. I reckon our salary cap may start to strain with Stevens on board and Kouta not taking a cut so Macca will probably retire meaning we have one more delisting from Freeborn, Fletcher and Mathews. Ideally we should delist them all and use 6 picks in the National draft.

If we don't have to have 40 on the senior list then we will definitely delist more and possibly not use as many late draft picks.

Players Delisted from the 2003 Primary List
- Andrew Eccles
- Simon Fletcher
- Scott Freeborn
- Glenn Manton
- Adam Mathews
- Andrew Merrington
- Jim Plunkett

Fair enough with those delistings. Probably a couple of blokes sighing with relief (Franchina, O'Keefe) at the moment. I think while Pagan is taking us in the right direction, he treated Manton pretty ordinarily. Bolt has been a favourite of mine for a while & I was pretty peeved he didn't get more game time this year while Micky Martyn got a game whenever he was fit(?). Even when Manton had a shocker, the forwards earned their kicks. Had a handy record on Matty Lloyd too. Bolt, you will be missed by the Blues faithful. Good luck with your soccer and future endeavours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Back