Premiership Player
Suspended
Aug 1, 2006
Premiership City
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Dean Cox Sponsor 2007
Mr Demetriou called for anyone with evidence of drug taking among players to come forward and tell the league.

While he admitted no action could be taken on anecdotal evidence, as reported in several newspapers this week, he said the league would be interested in any hard evidence showing players had broken the law.

"If anyone has got any information that relates to an incident in Las Vegas they should come forward and they should name names," he said.

"They should tell us what they know and if we think it's of a serious nature we'll act upon it."

The ball is in Mike Sheehans court now. Will he come forward with the evidence or run and hide like a coward?

Mr Demetriou called for anyone with evidence of drug taking among players to come forward and tell the league.

While he admitted no action could be taken on anecdotal evidence, as reported in several newspapers this week, he said the league would be interested in any hard evidence showing players had broken the law.

"If anyone has got any information that relates to an incident in Las Vegas they should come forward and they should name names," he said.

"They should tell us what they know and if we think it's of a serious nature we'll act upon it."

The ball is in Mike Sheehans court now. Will he come forward with the evidence or run and hide like a coward?

He wants to start with Demetriou's crack.

Just admit it, Eagles players love their drugs and Fletcher has been caught out.

• Banned
Just admit it, Eagles players love their drugs and Fletcher has been caught out.

Only one way to find out. Demetriou has put these journalist forward. If they have proof they will bring it and justice will be taken. If they dont they were lieing.

Only one way to find out. Demetriou has put these journalist forward. If they have proof they will bring it and justice will be taken. If they dont they were lieing.

Only if Fletcher has the balls to go to court.;)

• Banned
Only if Fletcher has the balls to go to court.;)

Demetriou has eliminated that need now. Fletch doesnt have to go to court to prove innocence (that sentence sounded so dumb). If hes guilty Sheehan now has to prove it and action will be taken. Got a feeling they will run for the hills

If they have proof they will bring it and justice will be taken. If they dont they were lieing.

Yeah, riiiiight.

It's all lies.

No footballer in their twenties ever got paid hundreds of thousands of dollars and hung out after games in the back rooms of nightclubs doing coke.

All just lies and supposition.

I don't think so. Demetriou isn't a cop making a lawful request as far as I am aware. Sheehan's main motivation is to sell papers, not get Fletcher or anyone else in trouble. Demetriou is covering his own butt because the AFL do not plan on investigating. They are well aware the media are not trying to get sanctions against players, just break a story.

Yeah, riiiiight.

It's all lies.

No footballer in their twenties ever got paid hundreds of thousands of dollars and hung out after games in the back rooms of nightclubs doing coke.

All just lies and supposition.

Thats right!!

:rolleyes:

Good leadership Andy. Well done!
Ignore the obvious, even though it's smacking you right in the face.
The old "put up, or shut up" line.

I wish I owned Tip Top Bread, then I would pay the AFL a million dollars because they're so wholesome and set such good standards for our community. I'd get a picture of Benny Cousins on each loaf of bread, because all of the kiddies look up to him.

Thank you for wisdom, Mr Demetriou.

What a nice man!

Whys he narrowing it down to the Vegas incident ??

anyway im sure theres plenty of people in perth with photos of Eagles players doing the wrong thing - you can see it happen on any given weekend, they dont exactly conceal it all that well.

Good leadership Andy. Well done!
Ignore the obvious, even though it's smacking you right in the face.
The old "put up, or shut up" line.

I wish I owned Tip Top Bread, then I would pay the AFL a million dollars because they're so wholesome and set such good standards for our community. I'd get a picture of Benny Cousins on each loaf of bread, because all of the kiddies look up to him.

Thank you for wisdom, Mr Demetriou.

What a nice man!

The obvious is what? That players take drugs? The AFL already knows that (24 positive tests).

What exactly do you want the AFL to do?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

details.php

without being too defensive, does anyone really think that this is something unique to one club?

Fair dinkum, we need to keep tabs on the club better, and have a proper crack at this problem, and make sure players don't get off with just a smack. That way we can ice the whole issue once and for all, otherwise we won't have a pot to piss in.

I don't think so. Demetriou isn't a cop making a lawful request as far as I am aware. Sheehan's main motivation is to sell papers, not get Fletcher or anyone else in trouble. Demetriou is covering his own butt because the AFL do not plan on investigating. They are well aware the media are not trying to get sanctions against players, just break a story.

Spot on.
Big Cox why does this eat at you so much? Stop trying to defend them.
So what, Cuz, Fletch, Kerr and co love the gear. Rather than trying to protect them, lets get it out in th open and try and help them. It could ruin there lives!! They need to say no to popping and lining! It is just not the answer!:thumbsdown:

without being too defensive, does anyone really think that this is something unique to one club?

Fair dinkum, we need to keep tabs on the club better, and have a proper crack at this problem, and make sure players don't get off with just a smack. That way we can ice the whole issue once and for all, otherwise we won't have a pot to piss in.
Nice. Now sit back and see if any low flying aircraft are whizzing over people's heads.

You left out coke.

I need to whiz after this post. :D

And I might clean some up some glass with my meth.....layted spirits.

Not at all. The Eagles are the unfortunate club to have been outed but the AFL needs to do something to attempt to help the players and stop the problem.

Why don't the AFL just ask Chad Fletcher for the hospital report? Either he or his travel insurance provider would have paid the (pretty sizable) bill, and woul dhave a copy of exactly what treatment was provided at the hospital.

Should get that particular story cleared up in no time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Demetriou says "Show me the proof"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back