Demitrou slams Tom Waterhouse, but still happy to take money from Sportsbet.

Do you approve of gambling odds being shown during AFL broadcasts?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 22, 2009
LOL @ Norf
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GeeLOL sucks, so does $hitney

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/demetriou-slams-bookie-network-over-ads-20130528-2n8mo.html

I've about had enough of this hypocritical fat ****.

He's happy to accept all the revenue he can get his greedy mitts on from the gaming industry but then in a cheap publicity stunt takes aim at Waterhouse - why? Because Tom didn't cough up enough $$$ to afford the AFL gambling sponsorship I guess! :rolleyes:

It's time for the Fat Controller to walk or better yet, get pushed out the door.

Excellent OP. Has the potential to unite all the tribes for the betterment of football...

...by getting rid of Vlad the Impaler, the fat bastard.

Bonus points: stumbled upon the exact reason he's taking aim at Tom $hitzenhou$e and not $port$bet.

But in a sense Fat Andy's right - because of Waterhouse the sensible treatment of gambling ( it's always going to be there and has been there since at least Lang got suspended for life while playing for Carlton in 1910 for throwing a game) has had to be thrown out of the window....

I agree 100%. If Vlad is serious then piss off the lot of them.

While we're at it, has anyone noticed the non-stop advertising of gambling on here as well?

They are all a bunch of dirty scumbag khunts. I love the footy, not the endless opportunites to gamble on it.:mad:
get firefox + adblockplus. Don't see ads anymore.

I'm with Royals on this, Vlad is right above Waterhouse, he's taken it that extra step which forced action to be taken.

Still, I hope they don't go over the top with these restrictions. We can't continue to legislate against people making dumb decisions, just because they saw some advertising.

I'm with Royals on this, Vlad is right above Waterhouse, he's taken it that extra step which forced action to be taken.

Still, I hope they don't go over the top with these restrictions. We can't continue to legislate against people making dumb decisions, just because they saw some advertising.

agree

mmmm its Mac Time... what were we talking about?

True, but we can prevent our children (like mine) who ask their parents during the footy, "Dad, what do they mean by the 'odds' on a game?"

I want my kids to grow up with a love for the great game of AFL, not the great pastime of blowing their money on the great game of AFL. It's about normalizing something as insidious as gambling on live events, and that's what's happening with smart devices and gambling in sport.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vlad is probably pissed because Tom offered NRL something like $50m to be their official bookmaker.

Anyway fwiw I think it's all a bit of a storm in a teacup and political point scoring in an election year.
So it's ok for odds to be shown pre game, post game, during footy preview and review but not in play.... Sheesh look out

What about Jaimee Rogers. Conflicting feelings. Do I wanna **** her, or punch her in the head?
Due to the lack of tit and the fact that she said before the Hawk Swans game that the favourite for leading TRY scorer was Lance Franklin answers my question.
Punch her in the head wins.

What about Jaimee Rogers. Conflicting feelings. Do I wanna **** her, or punch her in the head?
Due to the lack of tit and the fact that she said before the Hawk Swans game that the favourite for leading TRY scorer was Lance Franklin answers my question.
True, she's got a weird mouth as well. **** are ordinary verging on shit.

Nup I'm a Jaimee fan. IMO she would be super keen. Shelving unit is fine and will be enhanced after a bubs or implant. Harder to find that keeness attitude though. :)

....the fact that she said before the Hawk Swans game that the favourite for leading TRY scorer was Lance Franklin answers my question.
To be fair Buddy probably has more chance of scoring a TRY recently than kicking a goal :)

why-dont-we-have-both-90337332070.jpeg

But in a sense Fat Andy's right - because of Waterhouse the sensible treatment of gambling ( it's always going to be there and has been there since at least Lang got suspended for life while playing for Carlton in 1910 for throwing a game) has had to be thrown out of the window....
In that case we should be thanking Tom "My dad's a ****ing crook and mum isn't that clean either" Waterhouse for being the straw that broke the camel's back and forcing the government to legislate against gambling in sport.

In that case we should be thanking Tom "My dad's a ******* crook and mum isn't that clean either" Waterhouse for being the straw that broke the camel's back and forcing the government to legislate against gambling in sport.
How many millions does the skinny prick spend on advertising?

You will not be able to legislate against gambling in sport - you will be able to restrict advertising and access - somewhat

But nothing stops these operations from running their books out of another country and being exempt from Australian laws. At least under the current model, there is some small revenue stream available to sporting bodies and clubs

Not defending the status quo - I hate it... but to think you can legislate it away is just stupid.

Nah mate. **** her THEN punch her in the head.

(or better yet punch her in the back of the head the moment you're about to finish)

Remove this Banner Ad

Demitrou slams Tom Waterhouse, but still happy to take money from Sportsbet.

Back