Denis Pagan - you must resign immediately!

Remove this Banner Ad

surpstar

Cancelled
Aug 31, 2003
Slough, UK
AFL Club
Richmond
This is a draft note to Denis Pagan, I'm intending to email this to the club in the next day

Denis,
As a life long Carlton supporter, I'm asking you to resign your position as senior coach of the Carlton football club effective immediately.
Today's performance against Collingwood was totally unacceptable, and I hold you fully accountable. The reasons you have pubicly stated do not give any hope to Blues fans, give no real explanation for this type of mediocre performance, and the side shows no sign of progress.
You became senior coach in 2003, and while I understand that certain penalties and other unfortunate events have made your position difficult, it appears you have not instilled any type of comeradie of team spirit into this side in the time you've been there.

Please allow your concience to prevail, and resign now. I also ask that you prevent any thoughts of greed prevailing, consider the club's financial plight, and release the CFC from any obligation to pay out the remainder of your contract

surpstar said:
This is a draft note to Denis Pagan, I'm intending to email this to the club in the next day

Denis,
As a life long Carlton supporter, I'm asking you to resign your position as senior coach of the Carlton football club effective immediately.
Today's performance against Collingwood was totally unacceptable, and I hold you fully accountable. The reasons you have pubicly stated do not give any hope to Blues fans, give no real explanation for this type of mediocre performance, and the side shows no sign of progress.
You became senior coach in 2003, and while I understand that certain penalties and other unfortunate events have made your position difficult, it appears you have not instilled any type of comeradie of team spirit into this side in the time you've been there.

Please allow your concience to prevail, and resign now. I also ask that you prevent any thoughts of greed prevailing, consider the club's financial plight, and release the CFC from any obligation to pay out the remainder of your contract
Good letter, I might consider doing the same thing. I am sick of all this bull:D:D:D:D.:mad:

• Banned
Kooley said:
atach a petition to it and i'll sign and so will my two boys.

How do I get a petition attached to it?
It would be great to get some support and take it to the club. I'd reckon that plenty of people would get on board

• Banned
Plogs said:
Denis can hold a whip, but he has cattle Issues.
Agreed, the list is weak.
BUT, he is not providing any value. We may as well have someone there any pay them 200K per year, and we'll get a similar result

surpstar said:
Denis,
As a life long Carlton supporter, I'm asking you to resign your position as coach

He probably will.
As a show of strength the Club will probably come out in the next couple of days and re-sign him until the end of 2010. :eek:

We need a coach that is young, with fresh ideas.

Someone to motivate the team.

Someone to attack.

Someone to make progress mentally with the players.

Someone to make gutsy decisions.

Someone to be on terms with the players.

Someone.

We need someone who shows urgency in his media conferences.

He looks like (and probably doesn't) he doesn't give a :D:D:D:D.

I dont think this is the best thing for the club. Yes it has been a long time since carlton could challenge the best of them and it gets frustrating to watch the side you love struggle week in and out. However, i do not believe that a different coach could do much better. Look at our list he has to work with wiggins, deluca, mclaren just to name a few and the rest are bearly legal. Its a side of youth that are unable to grab consistency. Some may question Dennis's coaching methods which is fair enough but all i know is that we are going to have to ride the storm no matter who is in charge, and its going to take a long time but in the meanwhile i like to grab hope from those i see at the club in our glory days, muprhy, simpson, kennedy, waite these young guys are gonna take time but it will be worth the wait. As for our midfielders, atm they just are not good footballers, at least not as good as we want them to be and we are going to have to accept it and hope that we can progress through it all.

I'm assuming you people talking about signing such things are members? Because if not, your signature isn't worth anything.

BIG_RED said:
I dont think this is the best thing for the club. Yes it has been a long time since carlton could challenge the best of them and it gets frustrating to watch the side you love struggle week in and out. However, i do not believe that a different coach could do much better. Look at our list he has to work with wiggins, deluca, mclaren just to name a few and the rest are bearly legal. Its a side of youth that are unable to grab consistency. Some may question Dennis's coaching methods which is fair enough but all i know is that we are going to have to ride the storm no matter who is in charge, and its going to take a long time but in the meanwhile i like to grab hope from those i see at the club in our glory days, muprhy, simpson, kennedy, waite these young guys are gonna take time but it will be worth the wait. As for our midfielders, atm they just are not good footballers, at least not as good as we want them to be and we are going to have to accept it and hope that we can progress through it all.
I can understand you singling out Wiggins and De Luca, but McLaren comfortably outrucked Fraser today and his job on Stafford last week was near perfect. He does not deserve to be mentioned in the same context as De Luca and Wiggins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Denis has to go.

Who begins a game, already conceding that Carlton have lost. Denis Pagan does. Our entire forward line was bereft, as soon as we got the ball on our wings, there was nobody forward. Are we playing under 5's?

What a disgrace to the footballers who run out in the navy blue. This old pensioner is finished, and should stop humiliating himself.

Do the right thing Denis, nobody wants you, everybody hates you, you should go and eat worms.

:mad:

Pagan is a very good coach

He has not traded away your precious few early draft picks for middle tier players that would have helped him in the short term but damaged your club in the long term.

He has carefully chosen cheap recycled players who give some cover until the draft and salary cap equalisation kick in.

You competed against C'Wood for 2 and half quarters - what should Pagan have done ....swung Lance over?

Quite simply you dont have the cattle but guys like Walker and Waite can play but you need time for your Kennedys to pick up and in all honestly you need another 2 years of draft picks.

Your list is not good enough, Pagan is - but by all means sack him and bring in ? SOS or a Lyon - who may not have the strength to protect early picks.

Just my thoughts.

Getting rid of Pagan will cost us 700K a year until his contract. We cannot afford this in our current state. Will a new coach turn our current list into a premiership team? Get some perspective.

He is out of touch with today's game

The forward line structure week in, week out is laughable

Fancy having your players coming out of defence and having absolutely no one to kick to!

His plan this season is to *TRY* to minimise the beltings, NOT to win games.

His constant flooding does not work

Did it reduce the number of shots on goal Richmond had? Did it reduce the number of goals Collingwood kicked?

Why doesn't he back our forward line in.

The opposition team will STILL kick the same number of goals whether we flood or not.

$650K being :D:D:D:Ded up against a wall:rolleyes:

I agree I think Pagan is out of touch. He's gotta go. SOS, Sticks anyone else would be better. Let's face it they couldn't be worse. Being umiliated every week is starting to :D:D:D:D me off.

Let's start up the "GROD Squad". Get Rid Of Dennis Squad.
Any takers? :D

Bee said:
I agree I think Pagan is out of touch. He's gotta go. SOS, Sticks anyone else would be better. Let's face it they couldn't be worse. Being umiliated every week is starting to :D:D:D:D me off.

Let's start up the "GROD Squad". Get Rid Of Dennis Squad.
Any takers? :D
why would sticks be better?

he sits in the coaches box each week
he is on the selection panel

I do agree that Denis Pagan is damaging the side however it is not his total fault. We have many players including Stevens, Kouta and Scotland who are just as lost as Denis.

The side does not have to rely on Denis being positive to be positive themselves. Sure the forward set up is crazy and there is little the players can do about this on match day. However the leaders could request a meeting with Denis to sort this out. However no matter what they think of Denis they can still choose to have personal pride and play with passion. Don't make your protest to Denis by shaming yourselves - have the balls to front him like men.

Denis has the ability still to be both a good tactician and a good teacher and motivator. He needs to accept that he is being reactive and slow in mind and that he has lost passion. However he also needs to believe in himself and allow others to help him to help himself by being open to listening to others around the club and these others have to have the guts to talk honestly and from the heart.

As for the list I really think that many Carlton supporters are not going very deep to make their points. Denis has promoted the young list and the salary cap issues continually. It is his own sub conscious excuse to protect where he is at. Then we have quality talent like Kouta, Stevens, Lappin, Waite, and Scotland who also cover up their lack of motivation by not leading when the chips are down.

Whitnall is one champion who is leading by example. If our other leaders did then the list wouldn't perform anywhere near as badly and supporters would be thinking the list is ok. Added to these guys we have other players with real ability like Walker, Fevola, Simpson, Houlihan and Murphy who are performing at times still.

The quality of the list is not the problem. The quality of the coach is not the problem either. It is without doubt to my mind the attitude that is the problem. This club could be winning matches now if they really lost all ego and fear and went back to basic honesty. This means taking responsibility for an opponent and manning up, not wingeing and playing the victim, playing and training with passion and not competing with each other.

If we keep blaming the list for our problems we are just looking for saviours. We are saying that we will just accept losses until we get enough stars through the draft to be a top side. What about some moral fibre where the people at the club really dig deep to get the best out of what they have been given.

Plogs said:
Denis can hold a whip, but he has cattle Issues.

Rubbish. We matched your intensity in the first half and where in front by 2 points (should have been 7). We let you do a training run in the second and made you look better than you are. If you think, I'm joking, keep an eye on your teams progress after you play some top8 sides.

SurreyBlue said:
Rubbish. We matched your intensity in the first half and where in front by 2 points (should have been 7). We let you do a training run in the second and made you look better than you are. If you think, I'm joking, keep an eye on your teams progress after you play some top8 sides.

Just let Collingwood dream. You know what they are like. They get all smug, cocky and confident then bang, they get hit by the train they were too blind to see. Can't wait for the train wreck!

Moo said:
Pagan is a very good coach

He has not traded away your precious few early draft picks for middle tier players that would have helped him in the short term but damaged your club in the long term.

He has carefully chosen cheap recycled players who give some cover until the draft and salary cap equalisation kick in.

You competed against C'Wood for 2 and half quarters - what should Pagan have done ....swung Lance over?

Quite simply you dont have the cattle but guys like Walker and Waite can play but you need time for your Kennedys to pick up and in all honestly you need another 2 years of draft picks.

Your list is not good enough, Pagan is - but by all means sack him and bring in ? SOS or a Lyon - who may not have the strength to protect early picks.

Just my thoughts.

I agree with Moo, I'm not ready to give up on Pagan yet, he just hasn't got the players.The players decision making & skills were poor for the whole match.

We are making progress but really need some inspired picks in the draft, there are players out there such as your Davey's ,Lovetts, betts etc who were lowly rated in the drafts.

Our midfield is probably one of the weakest in the AFL, and we seem to have more key position forwards than backs. Playing Lance back will depend on a suitable matchup.

We still need more runners with good skills on our flanks & in midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Denis Pagan - you must resign immediately!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back