Sep 30, 2010
Pascoe Vale
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
i know it is early, but he deserves severe praise
dennis armfield
came from what looked like a potential lay off and has added much needed speed and desperation for that so called collingwood comeback
give them hell!

Thats why this guy has a spot in the best 22 every week what he lacks in finishing skill he makes up in speed, guts and a team first mentality.

The man can play. Works incredibly hard, is rarely beaten one on one, and has that x factor closing speed that really surprises his opponents.

Add in his undeniable courage and mental toughness and you've got a bloody good footballer. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

i like to compare robo and army with robo u get a immortal freak without fear but army is clearly a normal man but plays with such courage and passion ... look at me i think i'm developing a man crush.:eek:

Still not sure if he will be selected next week.

BUT. What he lost in speed he covered with ferocious tackling and good skill through the game. Credit to what the man has deep down and I'm proud he wears the navy blue.

You just have to love how him and Tuohy and a couple of the other unherald blokes go about it. It's the attitude and commitment of these blokes that make the difference between an almost top 4 side and a premier.

forgotten man in the judd trade,has masten covered in playing terms imo,great to see him kicking goals,adds value an harder to drop

Man's as tough as they come.

I'm not sure he did lose much speed either, he was moving bloody well considering. And as for his speed, well he's what, some brick laying dude with a rugby background, a bad mo :p but he must be one of our very quickest players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just one of the three former WA black and whites stars that helped the blues beat the Vic black and whites - onya Army, Yazza and Jeff! Get Ellard back in the side too!

I'm not sure he did lose much speed either, he was moving bloody well considering. And as for his speed, well he's what, some brick laying dude with a rugby background, a bad mo :p but he must be one of our very quickest players.

I'd have to disagree...his mo is freakin awesome. That chase gave me wood. Could not be happier for the bloke.

i know it is early

Early?

<--- I've had that since ~2009 :eek:

Always been a huge Army fan, doesnt seem to have the same lickity-split as when he first started (had to change his running style I think. biomechanics and whatnot), but he's just as fierce as his first day.

That moment in the third where he ran through some random pie, and then dashed I had a "gee wizz, he's come a long way" moment.

Then the ump blew the whistle for running too far. Made me smile rather than tear my hair actually because I couldn't remember the laast time he did it :D

Just a wonderful effort from Dennis to play as well as he did after going down with what initially looked like a fairly serious injury.

Must admit I feared the worst when he went down and was glad to see him firstly get up and run off the field (and affecting a contest in the process), and then return to the arena.

It's that sort of effort that really endears a player to the supporters, and I dare say Dennis has now done that if he hadn't already.

I'm a huge fan. Disposal may be iffy at times, but he's improved that facet of his game enormously. His effort and determination both with the ball and without it is second to none and is a real testament to his character. His speed can also be an enormous weapon.

Teams can't always have the most skilled footballers from player 1 to player 22. Sometimes you need players that just put their head down and don't lift it until the job is done. It's those sorts of players, the ones that usually get overlooked but just get the job done, that define the success of a side.

Not convinced he'll be there for every game but if he's selected and gives his all, there's not much more we can ask. Certainly making it tough to push him out of the side which is fantastic.

Amazing effort. Would have received the biggest cheer on the night for his effort to come back from the dead. :D

Nope - biggest cheer was for Joffa on the big screen in the 4th. Sensational :thumbsu:

Just behind Yarran, Touhy, Garlett, Hampson for straight line speed - which makes us a seriously quick team.;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Dennis Armfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Back