Speculation Denver Grainger-Barras

Remove this Banner Ad

Think he'll end up on a list. Most likely as a rookie via DFA.
Only way HFC could return anything would be a token late pick just to make his the transaction easy.
Not sure he is up to it.

pretty much end of thread, why would any team put him on the main list or even trade for him when he hasnt shown anything in how many years.

just wait till he get delisted like brendan parfait, jack martin, etc.

I am sure the head honcho at hawthorn just waiting to results of the trade period before delisting him or re rookie him rather than what a lot of their supporters think which is to extract some value out of a trade for him.

If he was to become a delisted free agent I hope the Swans would at least ask the question of him and discuss how we could rehab him as a player.

For the following reasons
  • Supposedly we had interest in him in his draft year, and only took McDonald because North took Phillips and we didn't think McDonald would be available.
  • We have a good track record of rehabbing discarded players and he did actually have some good draft highlights in his draft year as an intercepting defender.
  • Rampe is 34 and only contracted for another season. Melican has come good but is injury prone, and McCartin is a bit concussion prone. So the extra cover could be helpful.
  • Personally I think he could become better depth than Hamling and Francis pretty quickly if he has the desire to prove himself and would provide genuine competition for guys like Edwards and Snell who haven't proven themselves AFL ready just yet.
  • That might not be enough to make a career for him, but as a delisted free agent on a rookie contract, it would be a low risk move for us.
I think your interest in him pre-draft dosnt count for a lot anymore. A lot of clubs had interest in him, hence his draft position. Turned out to be one of those cases where everyone got it wrong. Mcasey another recent example. Sme blokes arent up to it.

Maybe he comes good one day but righ now there's a plethora of similarly aged key positions floating around in state leagues with a lot more runs on the board.

pretty much end of thread, why would any team put him on the main list or even trade for him when he hasnt shown anything in how many years.

just wait till he get delisted like brendan parfait, jack martin, etc.

I am sure the head honcho at hawthorn just waiting to results of the trade period before delisting him or re rookie him rather than what a lot of their supporters think which is to extract some value out of a trade for him.
Agree.
Like I said, only way a trade happens is if a team identify him early enough and offer a late pick, perhaps one they don’t intend to use themselves, to bring him in. No need to give up assets for someone you can get for free.
I guess the other way would be if he gets tied up in some sort of bigger transaction. But it won’t be returning anything of value, or even moving the needle on the value of broader assets changing hands in the deal. It’ll just be for convenience sake

Agree.
Like I said, only way a trade happens is if a team identify him early enough and offer a late pick, perhaps one they don’t intend to use themselves, to bring him in. No need to give up assets for someone you can get for free.
I guess the other way would be if he gets tied up in some sort of bigger transaction. But it won’t be returning anything of value, or even moving the needle on the value of broader assets changing hands in the deal. It’ll just be for convenience sake

Who ever gets DGB wants to get him early to get him settled and work on his fitness early preseason.

From all reports there’s no mention of off field behaviour issues. So unlocking his fitness issues is the key to unlocking his potential.

Skills are not on display as he has lost all confidence in him self in my opinion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Denver Grainger-Barras

Remove this Banner Ad

Back