Opinion Did Hawthorn just expose a mental fragility?

Did Hawthorn just expose a mental fragility?

• Yes

Votes: 91 62.3%
  • No

Votes: 55 37.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok. So Port Adelaide didn’t use that as ammo when they came to the game? Fact, they did. It’s just an unnecessary comment that did nothing for hawthorn and a lot for Port.
Sure and for all that supposed ammo we still had a shot to win it. If they needed that to get themselves up for a game I worry for them this week.
This is like the claims that players always get up for teammates milestone games. I'm sure there was talk about it but I doubt it had any real impact

You don't get it because you don't care and hate Hawthorn. Port will get theirs coming from now on, from Hawthorn.
Your club and Ginnivan started it but by god Hinkley and Port Adelaide finished it. The moral of the story here is don't dish it out in the first place if you can't take it.

Sure and for all that supposed ammo we still had a shot to win it. If they needed that to get themselves up for a game I worry for them this week.
This is like the claims that players always get up for teammates milestone games. I'm sure there was talk about it but I doubt it had any real impact
The first quarter set the tone. I think they’ll take it up to Sydney.

The first quarter set the tone. I think they’ll take it up to Sydney.
They came out hard in a final like any normal club should and like they have played the previous 6 weeks before the Geelong game.

I think they will take it up to Sydney as well, they have the midfield to do it. Maybe they will give Ginnivan the credit again if they win

Ha! You’re the one that defaulted to the ‘your club is shit’ stance because of my avatar. I don’t GAF about Melbourne, but you can’t stay on topic that’s for sure.
I can't stay on topic? You ignored the arguments I actually made and just started calling me emotional.

They came out hard in a final like any normal club should and like they have played the previous 6 weeks before the Geelong game.

I think they will take it up to Sydney as well, they have the midfield to do it. Maybe they will give Ginnivan the credit again if they win
If they beat Sydney they’re a good chance to go all the way.

People don't fire up for no reason.

No need to harden up, I'm proud my Captain and Coach stands up for their players. Would hate to end up like a shit club like Melbourne.
Yeah Sicily does all the time, he’s renowned for throwing his toys out of the cot. That’s part of what everyone’s laughing at.

Now Mitchell and various other Hawk ‘greats’ have done the same.

Soft underbelly exposed?

So FrankDrebin this post of yours has been shown to be bullshit.

Hawks haven’t thrown the toys out of the cot, Sicily stood up for his teammate and the coach soar that he didn’t like it. That’s it.

Clowns in the media who are so offended after decade upon decade of Hawthorn destroying their teams have made a mountain out of a molehill and in turn, made all the excuses under the sun for a complete lack of sportsmanship from a senior coach who’s probably given us all a look at how much pressure he feels to keep his job.

I reckon the funniest argument I’ve read in here has been that Ginnivan showed a lack of class by putting a comment on insta that didn’t even reference Ken or Port, but Ken’s decision to verbal a club directly after a win was fine.
In actual fact I think the first people in the media to make it a deal were Luke Hodge on commentary and then Jordan Lewis in the aftermath. Browny and Bucks whom are neutral didn’t have an issue with Kenny having a little dig, but Lewis (I wonder why) did, and he handed himself like the biggest dill out of all the Hawkers involved and those in the media.

It just comes across as we can give it but can’t take it.

Would never of been an issue if Ginnivan had been made to apologise to Port for the tweet.

Welcome to the Ginni show Hawks. Good luck with it.

If Port win the premiership, Ginnivan should crash the ceremony and claim a medal ala Robert Murphy 2016.

In actual fact I think the first people in the media to make it a deal were Luke Hodge on commentary and then Jordan Lewis in the aftermath. Browny and Bucks whom are neutral didn’t have an issue with Kenny having a little dig, but Lewis (I wonder why) did, and he handed himself like the biggest dill out of all the Hawkers involved and those in the media.

Would never of been an issue if Ginnivan had been made to apologise to Port for the tweet.

Exactly. Lewis with his Jeffrey Dahmer frames trying to look intellectual really got upset. Hodge was pretty sweaty as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you over 0.05 son? I called you emotional because you said Melbourne were shit in a thread not one iota related to hawthorn!

Seriously. Have a cuppa and a lie down.
Which is ironic because as soon as I mentioned Melbourne, you ignored the topic at hand. All you have done since is whine about it.

Maybe you should take your own advice

If Ginnivan apologised there would have been some that had a go at him for doing that as well as the original post

Hinkley as soft as butter. Let a throwaway line on insta completely unhinge him, and cost him (or rather more likely his club) 20k. The club quite soft too. Had a chance at a home prelim, yet didn't fire a shot at home, getting thumped by 80+ points. Supposedly needed the same throwaway line on insta to fire themselves up, apparently chance of home final not enough (although I suspect their abject humiliation the week before was a good deal more motivating than any social media post). As a result, now need to fly to Sydney instead of playing at home. If anything people should have been taunting Ken with the flying arms motion. Ginnivan has youth as an excuse , he was a child 3 and a bit years ago. Hinkley's childish behaviour on the other hand is off the back of nearly 40 years of adulthood. Also Ginnivan a player, not the senior coach, and not posting on social after a win to taunt the team he's just beaten. How anyone can see their actions as same-same is beyond me.

Shit coach, Shit bloke. Port would do well to part ways with him ASAP. Coaching is a relatively young man's game. Rarely does a bloke approaching 60 get their team a flag. By that age, the old blokes have usually won a few flags, and get moved on to provide false hope at their final destination (Malthouse, Pagan, Clarko for example). Unfortunately for Hinkley he has no flags, in fact right now he has no prelim wins (not to mention straight sets to fill out his list of coaching achievements). His 1-wood is leading good lists to bad finals campaigns.

So to answer the OP, yes Hawthorn did expose a mental fragility, but 'expose' is a bit of a stretch, everyone knew Port and their coach had mental issues before his post-game antics, so it was more a reinforcement of Port's issues than an exposure. The 80+ point loss the weak before laid their weakness pretty bare.
1000017680.gif

No, I just highlighted the fact you had a big cry.

You never answered the question; why mention Melbourne?
Saying I'm proud of my Captain and Coach is having a cry? Pretty ****ing weird argument.

Doesn't really matter why, but you seem to be really struggling with it.

Is this thread the soon to be 2025 version of the Hawthorn - Are they Tanking mega thread?
Why not? There are not enough Hawthorn threads on the 1st page. Bumped whenever we win and bumped for the occasional game we lose

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Did Hawthorn just expose a mental fragility?

Back