Did Matthew Lloyd ruin Josh Thurgood's career?

Remove this Banner Ad

The Hawks fans still dribble on about Lloyd and the line in the sand game even thought the hawks incited it.

To blame one incident in the players career the though the player played a few years after, only sums up the mentally a group of supporters

- OP is not a Hawks fan
- No Hawks fans have said it cost Thurgood his career
- I know no Hawks fans who still dribble about Lloyd (I like him)
- Most hawks fans know it was us who incited the LITS fights

You're just a belligerent arseh*le who likes to make up bullshit to get uppity about. Give it a rest

- OP is not a Hawks fan

You're just a belligerent arseh*le who likes to make up bullshit to get uppity about. Give it a rest
Tellin it like it is!

Pretty well spot on on all aspects. Hawks did stuff, Dons did stuff and we got to shout and get fired up over it. Good fun ey!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Didn't finish his career at all, Thurgood would never have made it. This didn't help though.

Lloyd was not a particularly "physical" player, but not bad at picking off unsuspecting ball players.

That said, I do actually like the bloke. Very, very good player, and good in the media IMO.

- OP is not a Hawks fan

Well your not on BF much are you then

I remember at the time the Hawk fans were saying Lloyd had ended his career. Hindsight is beautiful thing, lets ppl have perspective.

Of course you thrashed the Hawks, they were shithouse.

Im not interested in getting into a shit fight but if you are going to puff your chest out over the result it is worth pointing out the record between the two clubs for the years following that game....

The point wasn't winning that day. It was shifting the attitude within the club and towards the club. It worked.
Oh please. This is one of the best all time Hawk myths.

Essendon were on the way down, Hawks were on the way up, nothing to do with that day had any impact on either teams trajectory.

Gawd, out come the Bombers supporters. Not the Blessed St. Matthew. Pure as the Driven Snow he was. Should never have been allowed to wear the cast. In the current environment he'd have got offered one week.

It was ok for good ol' Crawf to wear one though?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was ok for good ol' Crawf to wear one though?

You're right. He shouldn't have been allowed either. But Crawford managed not smash someone in the face with it.

You're right. He shouldn't have been allowed either. But Crawford managed not smash someone in the face with it.

Yeah, you're right, I mean how dare someone lead for the football. Scandalous.

Thurgood was a brave kid that was a decent player but was too lightly built to make it. Even if he hadn't been cleaned up by Lloyd, he had a bunch of injuries and was ultimately delisted

If you look at his eyes you can tell he hates Lloyd ;)

387966_fa4c3072c81fa07eaf3c9a729c7a9762.JPG
I'm confused - is he a wildling or a white walker?

All I remember of this guy is that he got knocked out in practically every game he played. Like literally every game I watched of Hawthorn in that time he was either getting carried or stretchered off the ground
Down side of a complete lack of fear from my memory. It was more than just courage he just didn't seem to have any regard for his own safety. He stayed in the game at SANFL level, and I wonder if that's because his hyper agtessive style worked at lower levels where the opposition couldn 't stop him.

Down side of a complete lack of fear from my memory. It was more than just courage he just didn't seem to have any regard for his own safety. He stayed in the game at SANFL level, and I wonder if that's because his hyper agtessive style worked at lower levels where the opposition couldn 't stop him.

The difference in speed/strength etc between AFL and amateur level is massive.
Even smaller AFL players look big/strong when they come back to local level.

I don't know what the fuss is about, he's just a ginger.

They aren't like us, they don't regard human life like we do. Their values aren't compatible with ours.

On a different note, would he make the Bloodnut team of the century?

Remove this Banner Ad

Did Matthew Lloyd ruin Josh Thurgood's career?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back