Preview Didak 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Number 10

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
If he fires back up this season to his pre-2011 standards, he will once again be in the top 5-10 players in the team. I think people tend to forget this due to his very poor 2011. However, you only need to look at Leon to see how people's predictions can go so wrong.

I believe he could easily (like Leon) be AA once again this season. It depends whether he wants it and if he will prosper in his role.

I think he can kick another 40 goals for the season whilst using his creativity pinch hitting in the midfield.

I just think, if he flies, he will be as important as ever. If he doesn't, we will miss him even more than last year. A player of his ilk does not just drop off the planet after one bad year.

Will he? Won't he? Why? why not?

The only thing that could stop him IMO is injuries. If he stays relatively injury free I agree that he'll be in the teams best players again. Like you mentioned, you don't lose that much class from having one poor season, especially when he had 4 or so great years prior.

So I don't think it's something I can predict, because I see it as being something that isn't controllable.

Yeah but it's still an IF.

The game has changed before Didaks very eyes. Forwards are now expected to apply defensive pressure, he is extremely poor at this.

He needs to be either at his mercurial best or learn how not to be, well soft.

The fact that he is yet to play or train does not inspire confidence in the rest of his season. What should happen is that poor form should mean a VFL spell for him rather than carrying him like we did last year. He must earn his spot and only retain it when his old dash and flair returns. Unfortunately, the loss of Krakouer and Macaffer might pressure the selectors into playing a half-arsed version of him. The old Didak or no Didak for me.

I am a bit worried about didak seemingly getting injured a lot. His massive strengths are his footy smarts and his beautiful kick. At his best he is one of our keys but I have a feeling age has not treated him well. Hope I wrong

Didak 2012 is a film created by Invisible Children, Inc. The film's purpose is to promote the charity's 'Stop Didak' movement to make the injured Collingwood forward Alan Didak internationally known in order to show how hard he will be to tackle in 2012. :D

Well, his injury happened after the bulk of the pre-season work was doen which is the best possible scenario.

If he can find form by the midway point of the year, and hit his 2010 straps, he could prove the difference between being 'there abouts' and winning it.

I'm on Speshal Ed's side and think that this injury won't be a huge setback. Unlike his injury last year where he tore his pec off his bone. You could tell he was trying to avoic stretching his arm any way possible. An adductor strain would only limit his ability to jump, kick and move sideway, he can still remain fit through other means.

The fitter you are, the easier everything is, and I think Didak would be very fit.

No idea what to expect from Alan Didak this year.

Really hoping he gets it all back, his contributions were a massive difference between 2010 and 2011 right there.

Obese Arachnid makes a great point about the game changing before his eyes with the forward defensive pressure.

There's no reason that he can't adjust to this, unless he still lacks the confidence in his pec/shoulder to really stick a tackle against an opponent powering along in the opposite direction.

Well, his injury happened after the bulk of the pre-season work was doen which is the best possible scenario.

If he can find form by the midway point of the year, and hit his 2010 straps, he could prove the difference between being 'there abouts' and winning it.

I agree with you on Dids. He did the most important things during preseason. If a player did his hamstring in the first week of NAB Cup would people say he has had an interupted preseason and that he wont be at his best for the year. He will probs need to have 2-3 games in the VFL and then I am expecting a huge year from Didak, he is a freak.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obese Arachnid makes a great point about the game changing before his eyes with the forward defensive pressure.
I don't know, he was one of the best players in the competition, not just Collingwood when we had the press in full flight and were playing St Kilda & Hawthorn when they had their forward pressure up as well. I'm not sure much has changed in 1 year in terms of defensive pressure, especially with the sub rule. Didak has never been a tackler, more a chaser & harraser. He'd try to intercept and play the ball than the man. There's more to defensive pressure than tackling.

I agree he has never been a big tackler. But regardless, he is just such a brilliant player, can turn a game in a matter of minutes when he's on. He's a confidence player, so he just needs a couple of bags and he'll find his magic again. It's easy to forget how good he is with the year he had last year, but injury-free he will hopefully get awesome again.

Dids at leas t got the majority of the pre-season under his belt this could be a god-send no one really knows..he may start off as the sub because of lack of practice & slowly work his way in from there..if he could have 1 good game early that will lift his confidence then anything can happen..he was never your average player..this is a class act we are talking about..I look forward to him firing at the right time..by about rounds 3 - 4 I reckon ;)

With Krak & caff out....Didak finding his 2010 form is CRITICAL to our chances this year.... scary

I think so too. We simply don't have a player to replace him and krakouer. Fasolo is in for Krakouer, but nobody could have the impact we need to win a flag that a firing Didak would have.

though the injury troubles and poor preseason are more than valid reasons for his poor form last year, i just can't shake this nagging feeling in the back of my mind that he lost a fair bit of competitive drive after winning the flag.

hope he proves me wrong.

His major problem was he lost confidence in his body after a major injury.... Big knee injuries are often called two year injuries because it takes a 2nd year to get confidence back before the player can play well again. Hopefully this is what happens to didak and 2012 will be different

Most people dont realize just how massivly a big injury can play on someones mind and decrease their performance. I have torn my quad playing hockey and i never felt like i reached top speed again for over a season because i was scared of reinjuring it. I pray Didak turns it on

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Didak 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back