Didak: No case to answer

Remove this Banner Ad

doppleganger said:
but what was the outcome??

the bloke played the second half of footy and was one of carlton's better players, the two blokes had a laugh with each other after the siren went.

he lined him up and delivered a perfect hip & shoulder which rattled scotland, that was the outcome.........

yep, and they may have gone out and had a beer after or some milk and cookies...tribunial coudn't care less

mediumsizered said:
That is because they are mates. Being mates won't wash with the match review panel, though. A hit to the head nowadays is a big no-no. Will definitely score 2 weeks with an early plea.
was in reference to the fact that the bloke said the way scotland looked after it wont do didak any favours!

scotland did play the second half and was one of carlton's best

so not sure how that will go against didak, usually if the player on the end of a hit is injured the tribunal frowns but scotland was fine.

swanniez1983 said:
yep, and they may have gone out and had a beer after or some milk and cookies...tribunial coudn't care less
???

what was the outcome??

didak delivered a big bump, scotland was rattled, but was fine........not sure what the actual outcome is that the tribunal are meant to be considering in the case of a negligent bump as quoted by dynamo

doppleganger said:
was in reference to the fact that the bloke said the way scotland looked after it wont do didak any favours!

scotland did play the second half and was one of carlton's best

so not sure how that will go against didak, usually if the player on the end of a hit is injured the tribunal frowns but scotland was fine.
If you call having a busted nose being fine. If it goes before the tribunal, Scotland's battered and bruised face will ensure Didak gets an early end to the season.

mediumsizered said:
If you call having a busted nose being fine. If it goes before the tribunal, Scotland's battered and bruised face will ensure Didak gets an early end to the season.
So if I bump someone in the side and they fall flat on their face and get smashed up like Scotland i would be reported and suspended for longer than a bloke who deliberately elbows a player in the head? Because in case you didnt notice but Didaks hit didnt smash Scotlands face, the ground did

doppleganger said:
???

what about after the siren had gone when scotland went up to dids and had a laugh with him, shook his hand and rubbed his head........clearly he didn't think there was anything wrong with the bump.

Blood streaming from the face won't do him any favours. Just because there was no hard feelings after the incident (there rarely is anyway) doesn't mean he won't get rubbed out. It's a pretty **** poor defence IMO.

For what it's worth I think it was just a bump but it is not allowed in today's AFL football and the contact was made to the head. I'd be willing to put money on a 2 week ban, 1 week if he's lucky.

mediumsizered said:
couldn't hitting the centre square open a gash on ur nose??
cuts to ur head also bleed more then the rest of your body so would have looked worse then it actually was.

just saw that didak was reported for engaging in rough play, (whatever that means) so not sure how u try to defend it anyway!!

half of both teams could have been reported for engaging in rough play in the 5-10 min following didak's big bump, and it was probably the match of the season for this actual reason!

Unfortunately for Dids he was more than rattled, he admitted after the game he can't remember much about the first half as he was knocked out. It might have been accidental but the tribunal takes a dim view of contact to the head which causes damage.

Didak should use the Ablett case on Wirrapunda earlier in the season, taught as Juniors how to lay a fair hip'n shoulder, elbown tucked in.

Should get off. And I am saying this even though I hate the pies as much as the next Footy fan :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

eddiesmith said:
So if I bump someone in the side and they fall flat on their face and get smashed up like Scotland i would be reported and suspended for longer than a bloke who deliberately elbows a player in the head? Because in case you didnt notice but Didaks hit didnt smash Scotlands face, the ground did
Whether it was Didak or the ground that opened up Scotland's face, the fact still remains that Didak made contact to the head. That is what he has been reported for and as has been pointed out so many times in recent years, the head is sacrosanct. Hit a player in the head, as Didak has done, you face the consequences according to the current AFL rules. So Didak's season may well be over.

G-Mo77 said:
Blood streaming from the face won't do him any favours. Just because there was no hard feelings after the incident (there rarely is anyway) doesn't mean he won't get rubbed out. It's a pretty **** poor defence IMO.

For what it's worth I think it was just a bump but it is not allowed in today's AFL football and the contact was made to the head. I'd be willing to put money on a 2 week ban, 1 week if he's lucky.
blood does stream from the face/head more then any other part of the body.

but the actual outcome was that he went off with the blood rule, was shaken up for a few minutes but came back on perfectly fine, every time another player bumps somebody now they are going to miss weeks???

gia on kosi
s.johnson on holland

are two that come to mind that are very similar to didak's bump as in minor head contact was made with the majority of the blow being to the body, and no action was taken, surely the outcome in the kosi incident was much worse then this case??

G-Mo77 said:

Don't even compare the two. Your better off clutching for another straw.
??? why

gia lined kosi up and they clashed heads and kosi was out of action for months.......kosi didn't have the ball and wasn't expecting that kind of contact, whereas scotland had the ball

is it because gia is a dogs player that the two are so seperate??

eddiesmith said:
Why? Gia's bump whilst fair and legal was far worse and had far bigger consequences than Didaks and Kosi didnt have the ball and Didak didnt leave the ground

That's ridiculous! Had they not colided heads Kosi would have been fine.

As I said your better off clutching at another straw to compare the Didak case. Look, I'm a big fan of the bump and delivered my own fair share in the country leagues and also took quite a few as well but that is the way the AFL is now. The bump made head high contact which will certainly result in a suspension the length of it remains to be seen.

Haven't seen the one from Saturday's game but I would be interested if it is similar.

doppleganger said:
??? why

gia lined kosi up and they clashed heads and kosi was out of action for months.......kosi didn't have the ball and wasn't expecting that kind of contact, whereas scotland had the ball

It's because they are not even remotely similar at all. If Gia had done what Didak did today I would be bracing for a suspension.

G-Mo77 said:
That's ridiculous! Had they not colided heads Kosi would have been fine.

As I said your better off clutching at another straw to compare the Didak case. Look, I'm a big fan of the bump and delivered my own fair share in the country leagues and also took quite a few as well but that is the way the AFL is now. The bump made head high contact which will certainly result in a suspension the length of it remains to be seen.

Haven't seen the one from Saturday's game but I would be interested if it is similar.
The Gia bump made head high contact and his actions were extremely reckless, the thing that got Gia off was the high contact was deemed accidental and was within 5m of the ball, trying to work out whats different here as Didaks was accidental and unavoidable as Scotland slipped, was within 5m of the ball and unlike Gia, Didak didnt leave the ground

Oh well, I'll agree to disagree on that one then.

We'll see what you have to say tomorrow afternoon around 4pm. Good luck. :)

doppleganger said:
??? why

You can't even compare the two. Gia and Kosi had a head clash. Didak made contact to Scotland's head with the shoulder, arm, elbow, whatever. Is reportable every time. It would be irresponsible of an umpire not to report it and it would be irresponsible of the match review panel not to give a suspension. It is obvious from some of the posts on here from Collingwood supporters, that they are very worried about the outcome of this one, and they should be.

mediumsizered said:
You can't even compare the two. Gia and Kosi had a head clash. Didak made contact to Scotland's head with the shoulder, arm, elbow, whatever. Is reportable every time. It would be irresponsible of an umpire not to report it and it would be irresponsible of the match review panel not to give a suspension. It is obvious from some of the posts on here from Collingwood supporters, that they are very worried about the outcome of this one, and they should be.
So if a player runs hard for the ball and someone slips into their elbow then they should get reported?

Remove this Banner Ad

Didak: No case to answer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back