Didak: No case to answer

Remove this Banner Ad

HKW1 said:
but really why didn't didak just lay a tackle

Because he's not obliged to lay a tackle.

This is AFL football FFS.

Players are allowed to go the bump, it's within the rules and it's oen of the genuinely fantastic parts of our national sport.

Lot of netball skirts in this thread.

Zeke said:

This is AFL football FFS.

Players are allowed to go the bump, it's within the rules and it's oen of the genuinely fantastic parts of our national sport.

Lot of netball skirts in this thread.
Players are not allowed to attack the head of an opponent. Check the rules :(

Jumpin' Jimmy said:
Players are not allowed to attack the head of an opponent. Check the rules :(

He didn't attack the head. He planted the bump squarely at the shoulder, perfectly legal.

The stills and video footage clearly show Scotland slipping into the head contact as he tried to twist out of the way.

At the time, it looked like a fair hip and shoulder that caught him high. Definite free of course, but a report? The replay came up showing it from a bad angle and the Carlton boys went beserk, as did some of the commentators.

The comparison to Charman's hit on Rocca is a good one: attempted heavy bump gone wrong. However the AFL is susceptible to media pressure and the way the rule is written Didak should go. Will he? With this tribunal who knows. We've seen some interstuing variations in interpretation over the last couple iof years. They may end up awarding him a retrospective Brownlow.

floreatpica said:

Hey you , why dont you show the live clip of the incident in FULL , starting from 2 seconds before the hit ,,then you will see his elbow go up then a hit ,mmmmmmmm, i guess you wont buy that either ,i have seen it live and in slow replay from different angles and Didak should get 3 to 4 ,, By the way how is Scotland ???

earthquake said:
Hey you , why dont you show the live clip of the incident in FULL , starting from 2 seconds before the hit ,,then you will see his elbow go up then a hit ,mmmmmmmm, i guess you wont buy that either ,i have seen it live and in slow replay from different angles and Didak should get 3 to 4 ,, By the way how is Scotland ???

Crap. The elbow was down, contact was made with the point of the shoulder. Perfect hip and shoulder, just like Charman's on Rocca a month or so back.

Scotland's fine by the way. Played out the game and was in their best.

earthquake said:
Bullshyte post

This about sums up where this poster and most others are coming from.......

earthquake
BigFooty Member

Club: Hawthorn
Other Teams: teams playing Collingwood

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zeke said:

You're right, you do have the option of bumping instead of tackling. However, if you choose a method that has always been used for rattling an opponent, then you have a duty of care to make sure it is executed properly. Scotland has no obligation to stand still while Didak connects with the part of the body he originally lined up. Do you think Pickett intended to make head high contact with the players he has taken out in the past? I don't mind the hip and shoulder, all part and parcel of the game IMO, however what's good for the goose is good for the gander ... god knows other teams have players rubbed out for less.

Remove this Banner Ad

Didak: No case to answer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back