D3 Division 3 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Local Hadfield supporter here, walked down to see the 3 finals.
Canterbury deserving of the flag being the most consistent, however the best quarter I saw where of the North Brunswick team against the JOCS until the JOCS went the knuckle and sucked them in.

JOCS on GF day didn’t look much chop and unsure of the hype unless they got through the season relying on there unbravery bullying approach and on the big stage couldn’t rely on there football skills.
Canterbury looks like a lot of old mature heads, what will there season look like in div2 next year?
Reading through the thread, also looks a lot of JOCS could be moving on, hopefully get some quality players rather than Keysborough bullies.
Checking out the photos, did look like a few fossils playing for the cobras. Or maybe just seasoned veterans. No excuses now, must give D2 a crack, maybe standard has gone down, multiple double promotions recently. All though parkside have fully rebuilt with a gun junior and u/19 program paying fully dividends

How’s the NB thug getting 7 weeks
Deserves every bit of it and more. Fair to say this year NB are front runners and didn’t like it that there was not only st John’s but also a couple of other teams that can go with them. When things get hard they throw the toys out of the cot, loved being the big dog of D4 , wanted to be the big dog of D3, now they’re not the big dogs anymore. Watch them crumble away in D3 next year. Over rated if I’ve ever seen… that’s if anyone actually rates that rabble now. St John’s Keysborough jocs stiff not to win it, tribunal didn’t help. Canterbury class team. Jocs same old players this year that won them games and got them over the line, hopefully the players they got this season stick around. Some important new boys there that can play multiple positions for them. Hopefully North Brunswick play at 9:40am every week next year.

Deserves every bit of it and more. Fair to say this year NB are front runners and didn’t like it that there was not only st John’s but also a couple of other teams that can go with them. When things get hard they throw the toys out of the cot, loved being the big dog of D4 , wanted to be the big dog of D3, now they’re not the big dogs anymore. Watch them crumble away in D3 next year. Over rated if I’ve ever seen… that’s if anyone actually rates that rabble now. St John’s Keysborough jocs stiff not to win it, tribunal didn’t help. Canterbury class team. Jocs same old players this year that won them games and got them over the line, hopefully the players they got this season stick around. Some important new boys there that can play multiple positions for them. Hopefully North Brunswick play at 9:40am every week next year.

Looks like someone had a few Grand Final
Eve sherbets yesterday and taken it out on NB.
From my observations it was great to see the show of support from clubs on Grand Final day for Richmond, NB and Canterbury but couldn’t help but notice the small show of support for St. John’s. Didn’t look to me that many reserves or club supporters made the trip, just a few family members of players.

Can’t imagine the club culture being strong with such minimal support on GF day.

Looks like someone had a few Grand Final
Eve sherbets yesterday and taken it out on NB.
From my observations it was great to see the show of support from clubs on Grand Final day for Richmond, NB and Canterbury but couldn’t help but notice the small show of support for St. John’s. Didn’t look to me that many reserves or club supporters made the trip, just a few family members of players.

Can’t imagine the club culture being strong with such minimal support on GF day.
I noticed that too. Piss poor tbh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what I saw, St John's support didn't look too bad. They made up the belt of supporters along the northern wing, from the north-east flank to behind the western goals - and most of the supporters in the social rooms having a beer at half time. I saw a few familiar faces from the 00s, both past players and supporters (I often saw them playing AP, SMD or PH back in those years). Their numbers weren't as big as Canterbury's, but there is a bit of a difference between representing a school and a suburb. If anything, it was their younger contingent (reserves players) who seemed to be missing.

Crowd numbers were on the lower side for a D3 grand final but the most obvious reason for this was the lack of neutral supporters. Usually you will see a few fans sporting colours from the other D3 clubs but - apart from two blokes from North Brunswick - there were none to be seen during the seniors (the Richmond and North Brunswick supporters cleared off quickly after the reserves to go to their own celebrations / commiserations). This is one of the hazards of playing finals at a ground that is nowhere near any club in that division. Or the VAFA, for that matter.

We can talk about crowd members this that, but the social media of St. John’s didn’t even bother to put a story up or do quarter time updates on their public facebook page. Only time they’ve showed players is when theirs new signings which is really a mandatory requirement when marketing a football club to the general public. Even masala who are a 3s side with half the support can put stories up and player profiles, at least show off some of their club. Reflects a lack of enthusiasm.

Remove this Banner Ad

D3 Division 3 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back