Society/Culture Do less intelligent people gravitate to conservative/right wing ideology?

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting how the liberal party only says this in opposition.

When in power on the other hand they allow deli workers in Coles to be 457’ed

Even more interesting is the fact that right wingers swallow this bait unquestioningly every time…. Which I guess goes back to the thread title
Oh, I agree whole heartedly on your take, and many people were also calling for immigration to slow to give Australia the chance to catch up, even when being ignored by them when they were in power

So you disagree that there is a housing crisis and the quickest solution is to limit immigration so the market can catch up?

Opposition Leader Peter Dutton’s plan to slash Australia’s annual permanent migrant intake from 185,000 to 140,000 would deliver a near fatal blow to the country’s fourth-largest export sector, critics say.

Phil Honeywood, chief executive of the International Education Association of Australia, said such an extreme target would “destroy” the $48 billion education export sector.

Also this might be informative:

You'd have to wonder if Dutton has any intention of cutting immigration. It wouldn't suit his foreign owned multinational and billionaire backers, or the housing market Ponzi scheme. He's simply playing to uninformed fears and bigotries. Worked for him with the indigenous voice to parliament I suppose.
Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. Martin Luther King, Jr.

He doesn't seem to have any costed policies, just culture wars. If he implemented his policies they'd be economically destructive and inflationary .
He's gambling on Halon's Razor.

Opposition Leader Peter Dutton’s plan to slash Australia’s annual permanent migrant intake from 185,000 to 140,000 would deliver a near fatal blow to the country’s fourth-largest export sector, critics say.

Phil Honeywood, chief executive of the International Education Association of Australia, said such an extreme target would “destroy” the $48 billion education export sector.

You'd have to wonder if Dutton has any intention of cutting immigration. It wouldn't suit his foreign owned multinational and billionaire backers, or the housing market Ponzi scheme. He's simply playing to uninformed fears and bigotries. Worked for him with the indigenous voice to parliament I suppose.
Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. Martin Luther King, Jr.

He doesn't seem to have any costed policies, just culture wars. If he implemented his policies they'd be economically destructive and inflationary .
Blow that whistle Dutts! It's the only f****ng thing you have.

The shitshow that was the Voice to Parliament campaign was a free kick to Dutton, he actually appeared to be a decent politician for a few weeks there.

Cutting immigration won't get as much mainstream support I wouldn't think, the economy relies on this, the COVID period certainly seemed to prove this.

communism and left wing politics.
they have just never worked and only led to destruction, death of a society

I've found bigfooty has plenty of wingnuts.
We do have plenty of fellow posters who have fallen for propaganda aimed at tricking the naive, ignorant, unworldly, uneducated, fearful, cruel, etc into voting against their own interests and that of their children, in favour of the interests of the 0.01%. But none as basic as Dockerau in my experience.

He joined up a couple of days ago and lasted about 24 hours. Presumably he's a relatively low level employee of a right wing think tank. Quite a few of them seem to have appeared out of the woodwork at about the time Potato Head announced a delusional nuclear con policy.

It is indicative of how dumb these think tanks presume that the people most likely to be tricked into voting conservative are. I s'pose they've done their research, picked their marks, and credit them with even less intelligence than even I do.

Lots of hate for Dutton in here , personally I think he's a bit of an ass clown , but you seriously think elbow and Wong are doing a good job . No matter what side of politics all politicians are grifters .

We do have plenty of fellow posters who have fallen for propaganda aimed at tricking the naive, ignorant, unworldly, uneducated, fearful, cruel, etc into voting against their own interests and that of their children, in favour of the interests of the 0.01%. But none as basic as Dockerau in my experience.

He joined up a couple of days ago and lasted about 24 hours. Presumably he's a relatively low level employee of a right wing think tank. Quite a few of them seem to have appeared out of the woodwork at about the time Potato Head announced a delusional nuclear con policy.

It is indicative of how dumb these think tanks presume that the people most likely to be tricked into voting conservative are. I s'pose they've done their research, picked their marks, and credit them with even less intelligence than even I do.
Oh I see you've never perused the Adelaide Bigfooty Politics threads.

Our mods have managed to curate a safe environment for every cooker, racist, Trump simp , ignorant boomer bigfooty has.

We have posters who think the US 2020 election was stolen, who post memes from known Russian propagandists with 0 irony. Edit - oh and don't get me started on Covid.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh I see you've never perused the Adelaide Bigfooty Politics threads.

Our mods have managed to curate a safe environment for every cooker, racist, Trump simp , ignorant boomer bigfooty has.

We have posters who think the US 2020 election was stolen, who post memes from known Russian propagandists with 0 irony. Edit - oh and don't get me started on Covid.
Just catering to the age demographic

Remove this Banner Ad

Society/Culture Do less intelligent people gravitate to conservative/right wing ideology?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back