Prediction Do you still have faith?

Remove this Banner Ad

To quote a board favourite.

george-michael-have-faith.gif

No.
Reinforced by the stats shown on 360 tonight.
The only stat that Naicos is not leading at the club is hitouts.
Number 1 player in all other stats that matter.
Huge blow at a time we are playing ordinary footy. Not even expecting to hold top spot to be honest.
If we are a one man team we don't deserve a flag. There are many good boys in the black and white who can step up and fill the Nick Daicos void. He is a big loss but it is not a disaster. He will be fresh and ready to go when the finals come around.

Not concerned at all. Played what, 2 genuinely bad games in about our last 35? And they just happen to come in consecutive weeks after locking away top spot in a brutal encounter v port in adelaide. Watch the rebound v geelong this week to put the lock and key on top spot.

This N Daicos hysteria is laughable. Yep he’s had a great year, and is tracking to being a superstar. But he’s a 2nd year player. Our September campaign will be led by our more experienced players whether he is out there or not. Media hysteria aside, the cold hard facts are this - we will play our first final at the G v either bris or port. Can we beat either of them without N daicos? Of course. Port are injury ravaged and as good as cooked. And bris are in terrible form with Ashcroft gone for the year and a few other injury concerns. And of course they play the G so well

And then N daicos is available for our next game in the prelim anyway. He needed a freshen up and now gets it enforced. Could actually be a blessing in disguise

The race for this year's premiership is as wide open as it has been for a long time and we are well and truly still in it.

Anyone with the double chance could conceivably win it if they can string a few good games together in a row and there's one or two teams outside the top 4 who could also do it, although the path will be a bit harder for them obviously.

Itll take one win and the optimism will come back. Then we will be thinking that all we need is to win a home QF against probably Bris/Port and we get Daicos back for the PF.
We won during our ruck crisis, and with DeGoey and Sidebottom out at the same time.
At any point that we win the optimism will come roaring back amongst our supporters.
Usually one or two top 4 teams are in powerful form at this stage of the season. This year no one is. Port, Lions and Melb all have concerns too. Anything goes for here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oddly enough I still have faith, even if that's praying in desperation, coz our form and numbers don't suggest it practically.

Don't think I could go through another GF loss, seen way too many in my lifetime.

Fingers and toes crossed.

This thread, has a weird Pentecostal vibe about it... if ScoMo starts posting....
I believe.
Shall I be saved from the scorn and mocking of the filthy nuffies?
If Collingwood do win the premiership on Grand Final day, the (AFL) world will know what a grand day it was.

I recommend watching the Derby Days videos on COPA90 YouTube channel.
Some serious supporters.

How can you not have faith ? Everyone talking Melbourne up, the reality is Melbourne lost to Freo at the g, should have lost to lions at the G… the list goes on.

In 1990 and in 2010 we had bad losses to hawks in later part of the year and went on to glory.

Grand finals are bloody hard to win, I at least expect the pies to make it.

Loose first final, win next, side buggered and loose prelim

Nah, lose first final, win next, side buggered but scrape through the prelim and stagger into the GF. We’ve all seen it before. Straight out of the Collingwood finals handbook.

Then what happens next?

Last edited:
We have to win 2 of the next 3 or defeat Brisbane to guarantee a top 2 finish. The reason is if we lose 2 more games than either Melb or Bris their percentage will most likely overtake us.

As a pessimist and a realist, I think we are finished. Perhaps if De Goey and a bunch of teammates were to recapture early season form, we'd be in the hunt. So I don't really have faith, but at the same time don't completely discount our chances. The boys will need to turn it all around and play out of their skin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Do you still have faith?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back