Doctor, Doctor!! I've got Pendleitis!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 15, 2007
PCO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yep, it's an illness, and it's catching.

Pendleitis is the curable need to spend a whole heap of money on the most expensive player in Supercoach, based on the fact that last year he was the highest scorer.

Is it worthwhile, this disease? Should it be done? At an average of 129 in 2011, can Pendlebury repeat? Improve? Improvement on 129 is pretty difficult, therefore is he worth spending the money on?

Consider this: If you spend the 129 equiv on Pendlebury, it might leave you in the end with only enough money for a 60 midfielder. That gets you 189 between the two. Then, let's say he only averages 124 in 2012. You've spent for 189, and got a return of 184.

How about if you spent for a 105 averager instead who may improve, and this left you with enough money for an 84 average from 2011. You've spent the same money, the equiv of 189, and all they have to do is repeat their 2011 average for you to be better off in 2012, having avoided the league's best SC performer.

So, is contracting Pendleitis really worth it? Or should you see your SC Doctor for a cure?

Yep, it's an illness, and it's catching.

Pendleitis is the curable need to spend a whole heap of money on the most expensive player in Supercoach, based on the fact that last year he was the highest scorer.

Is it worthwhile, this disease? Should it be done? At an average of 129 in 2011, can Pendlebury repeat? Improve? Improvement on 129 is pretty difficult, therefore is he worth spending the money on?

Consider this: If you spend the 129 equiv on Pendlebury, it might leave you in the end with only enough money for a 60 midfielder. That gets you 189 between the two. Then, let's say he only averages 124 in 2012. You've spent for 189, and got a return of 184.

How about if you spent for a 105 averager instead who may improve, and this left you with enough money for an 84 average from 2011. You've spent the same money, the equiv of 189, and all they have to do is repeat their 2011 average for you to be better off in 2012, having avoided the league's best SC performer.

So, is contracting Pendleitis really worth it? Or should you see your SC Doctor for a cure?

Don't know if Pendles is worth it like you said...but would NOT be buying 105 or 85 averaging midfielders. At the end of the year you want the 6 best premiums in that position not a guy averaging 10 less than these.

• Banned
Don't know if Pendles is worth it like you said...but would NOT be buying 105 or 85 averaging midfielders. At the end of the year you want the 6 best premiums in that position not a guy averaging 10 less than these.

Yeah but if you contract Pendleitis, he's not improving for you... if you correctly predict the 105 and 84 will improve, you trade them when they're worth more, and up with Pendleitis at 124 price.

Yeah but if you contract Pendleitis, he's not improving for you... if you correctly predict the 105 and 84 will improve, you trade them when they're worth more, and up with Pendleitis at 124 price.

I have no doubt that you can get Pendles cheaper than his starting price. Not disputing that for a second. If you can predict the improver then good luck to you but it's going to be tough to pick that one 105 player who will step up to 120+. What kind of names were you thinking?

• Banned
I have no doubt that you can get Pendles cheaper than his starting price. Not disputing that for a second. If you can predict the improver then good luck to you but it's going to be tough to pick that one 105 player who will step up to 120+. What kind of names were you thinking?

Not that I'm biased... but there's no way Jack Redden will go backwards. Only way is up for him.

And in relation to trading these 105/85 players I would prefer to just start with premium stars (120+) and rookies rather than having to make trades but that's just my strategy.

Don't complicate things. Just lock him in. You know he delivers and if he starts scoring well from the get go and you don't have him you will behind the 8 ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And for those going without pendles/ablett /both. Cheers for the 10-20 pt head start per week

Everyone has Ablett. You don't need Pendles as you can make more PPG from the $$$ you save.

I will get Pendles as one of my first upgrade for 660k, thank you very much!

I would rather have him from the outset seeing as he and Ablett are the top 2 scorers (most likely) then save 40k but use up 2 trades getting him in when I could of had him from the start.

Everyone has Ablett. You don't need Pendles as you can make more PPG from the $$$ you save.

I will get Pendles as one of my first upgrade for 660k, thank you very much!

This.

There's more than one way to skin a cat. See my earlier example re the cost / reward ratio.

I have cured myself of Pendleitis, btw. But I do have a rampaging case of Ableitis!!!

This.

There's more than one way to skin a cat. See my earlier example re the cost / reward ratio.

I have cured myself of Pendleitis, btw. But I do have a rampaging case of Ableitis!!!

Agreed

If you don't have Ablett or Pendles, you'd better hope your Captain has magically become more reliable and will top score the league. Otherwise your missing out on double the difference between the two.

Ablett is a proven performer over a long time. Pendles only arrived last year...Ablett all the way.

No Pendles or Ablett for me. May as well try to be different from the masses.

Agreed

If you don't have Ablett or Pendles, you'd better hope your Captain has magically become more reliable and will top score the league. Otherwise your missing out on double the difference between the two.

Exactly, that 10-20 pt loss every week could easily be 20-40 without a good captain. None better than Ablett and Pendles, apart from Swan who has looked poor so far during preseason. I've picked all my premiums and would have no use for the extra cash selling Pendles apart from buying maybe one or two more expensive rookies.

i'll have ablett as a perm captain choice no doubt, there won't be much difference between them throughout the year. pendles will be a great upgrade target once he drops in price a bit. at the moment, i think i'd rather go without him and take a premium elsewhere in my team as opposed to having him at his current price and taking a slightly risky top-teir or middle range mid-priced player. for example, he might be the difference between getting a d.martin over dangerfield. or a mumford over a mcevoy/jacobs etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back