Does anyone agree..???

Remove this Banner Ad

Dancing Dougie

Debutant
Jun 5, 2007
western suburbs
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
well like most i was gutted by yesterdays result... a chance 2 go 2 & 1/2 games clear of the crows :( and cement a spot in top four

but the question i ask is... we lost a game by under a goal...
but wtf is wrong with our dispoal & mistakes...?????
gilbee kick in... north came back with next 4 goals
cross handball in last quarter result goal to north...
and others can be mention....
but our dispoal was crap... coming out of defence and going into forward line.... how many times did we kick to a 2 on 1 and kicking it high for north to spoil...
aker .... mate he hits targets.. but whe he kicks he puts ball out so we run on to it to mark... not sky high in the air.. and falling over FFS we have been at TD for 8 years.... sort that out...

but to goal down by under a goal.... heart breaking...
so does anyone agree..??? or am i just to gutted about yesterdays result.??

well like most i was gutted by yesterdays result... a chance 2 go 2 & 1/2 games clear of the crows :( and cement a spot in top four

but our dispoal was crap... coming out of defence and going into forward line.... how many times did we kick to a 2 on 1 and kicking it high for north to spoil...
aker .... mate he hits targets.. but whe he kicks he puts ball out so we run on to it to mark... not sky high in the air.. and falling over FFS we have been at TD for 8 years.... sort that out...

Agree with all that and to blame Brad Johnson, as some on this forum do is just plain ridiculous. Brad's kick on the siren should not have been to win the game.
To all the errors mentioned you could also add poor tackling and in some cases an inablity to even lay a decent tackle and then allowing far too much running space for the North ball carriers. Our tackling and defensive pressure was terrible and it was just the skill of several of our players that almost got us home.

I try to judge them not on just one game, but on the season as a whole.

The thing that worries me is our ability to have goals kicked against us quickly en masse. We have an ability to haermmorage goals for some reason. We can kick multiple goals quickly but we can have them kicked against us as well.

We need to have a plan B to slow the tempo down when the opposition team is on a roll and has the ascendancy. We don't have to go the extremes of the crows or Sydney, but some sort of defensive plan is advisable.

I am not a fan at all of shootouts, no matter how skilled and quick we are. Shootouts can win you home and away games but invariably crumble in the pressure of finals.

One thing that stays with me today, how many times did the North player keep his feet and our guys went to ground in a contest ?? I lost count.

And how the hell did we lose sight Hamish MacIntosh ???

He pumped the ball in too may times from the centre square uncontested.

Yes i am upset and annoyed that Johnson missed that shot at goal after the siren but we were very lucky to even be close in the last quarter. They killed in every department in the 2nd half after we cruised to a 4 goal lead in the 1st half. Our dispossals were shocking and our tackles were very poor. But what really lacked was our forwards leading and helping our defence get the ball out of defensive 50 and our forward pressure was very soft after probably being the team that had the best forward defensive pressure.

We have done well this year in the tight games and finally and sadly yesterday we didnt win the crucial tight game. Dont blame johnson for that loss with his 3 easy misses because there were a lot of players that joined him in playing in sub-standard games.

Hopefully the boys can turn it around and fight back against the Hawks in Tassie.

I think we played some great footy, and we played some shocking footy.

I'm going to be philosophical and say that the loss will be a good thing. I think the players will learn that they can't expect to pinch games in the last few minutes.

Not sure what it is but we haven't been playing at 100% with quite a few errors creeping in. Hopefully the loss will mean a more critical review of our game.

thanks cam wight, u absolute LEMON!

thanks cam wight, u absolute LEMON!
What a great supporter you are.
Never mind the fact that it was Williams' opponent who kept making the play in the 4th quarter, ignoring Gilbs' kick in, Cross' handball etc.

Far easier to scapegoat isn't it?

What a great supporter you are.
Never mind the fact that it was Williams' opponent who kept making the play in the 4th quarter, ignoring Gilbs' kick in, Cross' handball etc.

Far easier to scapegoat isn't it?

Like most, I don't subscribe to the abuse being heaped on Wight.

I don't agree with your ongoing comparison of Wight and Williams. Unlike Williams, Wight has not been injured and has had what, 5 or 6 seasons to make an impact. I believe we are in a position to assess Wight. I don't believe we can say the same for Williams.

From what I have seen of Wight, he is poor body on body, he gives away frees, particularly in aerial contests and he has always been a poor decision maker. On the other hand he is quick and seems to have a good engine.

Williams from the very little I have seen (due to injury) and heard has similar athletic traits to Wight but appears a little faster and stronger. Importantly he seems to be a better kick and decision maker - but these last couple of points are not firm opinions because Williams has not had enough time.

In short Wight has proven himself to be not quite an AFL player, Williams hasn't proven anything yet (except perhaps an iron will to rebound from the injuries he has had). That is why if I was to choose I would choose Williams over Wight for the rest of the year. I think Wight is at best insurance destined for Willy or at worst (for him) due to be delisted at the end of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone agree..???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back